There's a new official trailer out. Some things I noticed:

- Hagia Sophia now comes with Theology
- planets in Final Frontier are animated (circling their star) on the map
- improved roads in medieval scenario
- the interface for advanced starts
- new wonder movies
- Abe on the trade screen

Looking great. Enjoy! :)

Wow, looks good, at first i thought it might be another opening vid like the one for warlords, but that was gd. But wherer does it say that Hagia Sophia has been pushed back to Theology? Although i do agree with it.

Did anyone notice 2 different types of roads in what looked like a medieval era? The new road type was greyish, like a stone highway, or something. Hmm... that could be cool if there was an additional road type available pre-railroad.

Nice stuff.

I wonder if all of those rendered scenes (Abe making a speech, the spy scene) are from the opening movie?

What about the music? Think that'll be the opening video music?

Also, anyone else try to click through the 2K and Firaxis logos at the beginning :crazyeye:

From what I saw Aesthetics now takes Alphabet's old place in the tech tree. They added Alphabet --> Currency as an alternate route to Mathematics --> Currency

That doesn't really make much sense. You have to count how much everything is worth before you star making currency :crazyeye:

And boudica's animation isn't that good. I like Abe's though.

Wow, looks good, at first i thought it might be another opening vid like the one for warlords, but that was gd. But wherer does it say that Hagia Sophia has been pushed back to Theology? Although i do agree with it.

It isn't said in the trailer, but a good look at the scene when the tech tree rolls over shows it. Incidently, Notre Dame has taken the place of the Hagia Sophia in Engineering. Unfortunately, just when the techtree started to look quite different (the corner of Guilds and further on) the trailer faded to the spaceship screen.

Cool, now the Hagia Sophia will be more than just a source for great Engineers.

"Cool, now the Hagia Sophia will be more than just a source for great Engineers."

Heh - I was thinking... cool now the hagia sophia will be a BETTER source of great engineers ;)

I often do what I call the great engineer gambit, where I use the oracle to get metal casting and then build a forge in the same city that built the oracle. I get a "chance" at a great engineer sooner by mixing great people points, although it does suck when you get the great prophet instead of the great engineer.

If I end up with the great prophet instead of the great engineer, now I can light bulb theology and possibly build the hagia sophia to increase the chances that the next great person in that city is a great engineer :cool:

"Cool, now the Hagia Sophia will be more than just a source for great Engineers."

Heh - I was thinking... cool now the hagia sophia will be a BETTER source of great engineers ;)

I often do what I call the great engineer gambit, where I use the oracle to get metal casting and then build a forge in the same city that built the oracle. I get a "chance" at a great engineer sooner by mixing great people points, although it does suck when you get the great prophet instead of the great engineer.

If I end up with the great prophet instead of the great engineer, now I can light bulb theology and possibly build the hagia sophia to increase the chances that the next great person in that city is a great engineer :cool:

I was more refering to the actual effect of the wonder.
Engineerign is too close to Steam Power.

So will the Apolostic Palace, Hagia Sophia, and the Sistine Chapel all be available with Theology? I won't be in such a hurry to switch to Theocracy then...

Top Bottom