City Screen Building Files for 256 Buildings

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter
Today Stormi wrote me a message that I should post some "Civ-stuff".

O.k., here are buildings-large and buildings-small files for the City Screen folder, that are capable to hold all 256 buildings that are possible for C3C. I made them for SOE. The slots are numbered and start with "0" (as the improvement numbers in the pediaicons file and editor also start with "0") and go to 255.

The number-bug by FIRAXIS in these files (numbers 30-32 are missing) and the wrong start with number "1" instead of "0" are not in these files and I hope there are no cut and paste distortions in these files, too. :)

If you want to name the buildings in these files: On the right side of the slots there is enough place to do this.

Edit: The no longer working link for the download was deleted and a zip-file containing the templates is attached to this post.

Attachments

• Template City Screen Buildings.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
@Oz: are you sure you don't just need to zoom in? They work fine for me!

@Civinator: Thanks for these :) Now everyone will know when they've reached the building limit :lol:

@Oz: are you sure you don't just need to zoom in? They work fine for me!

Zoom it was. Boy, do I feel silly ... Although, to be fair, the gfx program I used just made it look like a long, very thin strip until I zoomed in.

Thanks,

Oz

Sorry to bump this, but I have a question and a problem.

I tried to cut and paste the original buildings file over top of the 256 pcx from Civinator. I matched up the top of the first building, the palace with the top of Civinators (I wanted to keep is name at the top of my file in my mod to give him credit :goodjob: ). My plan was to add buildings to the mod, but then the problem was that in the editor there is no pull down menu for the civilopedia entry and the last building, the Secret Police HQ is cut off. I have taken the original pcx files and pasted it in my mod folder and it's the same problem now.

I have checked with the original conquests biq and everything is fine. I have not added anything in the editor, nor have I changed the pediaicons.txt.

I have had this prob before but reloading the editor always cleared it, I believe. Please help! :confused: :sad: :crazyeye:

EDIT: Okay, weird occurrence. I added a few buildings in the editor and everything is back to normal!

Man, how did I miss this?!?! I'll be downloading as soon as I get home from work, and pasting the Final Fantasy mod buildings into it... This will provide a nice visual method for me to keep track of how close I am to maxing out my buildings.... (I know I have at least 100 right now)

Thank you all for your kind replies. :)

Thanks for posting this template Civinator it makes things much easier when you want to max out the improvements / wonders.

Right, and the bump makes it easier to find. :D

Good bump but I'm confused; the d/l is a blank template. :confused:

Best,

Oz

Yes it is... That way you can keep track of how close you are to maxing out the building limit AND Civinator's blank template is PROPERLY indexed, meaning that you can acually USE the numbers he has beside his building icons.

Yes it is... That way you can keep track of how close you are to maxing out the building limit AND Civinator's blank template is PROPERLY indexed, meaning that you can acually USE the numbers he has beside his building icons.

Ah. Gracias. Wasn't there also a problem with the slots reserved for starship parts being unusable for anything else?

:confused: All I find when I open the zip is a long, pink backround with some lines.

Best,

Oz

Good bump but I'm confused; the d/l is a blank template. :confused:

Best,

Oz
I also forget my own explorations from time to time :lol: I had bookmarked this and then it went into the "mental oblivion" folder. Thanks for the bump BK.

I also forget my own explorations from time to time :lol: I had bookmarked this and then it went into the "mental oblivion" folder. Thanks for the bump BK.

Leave it to you to put the two together! :) Now I've got that distinct feeling of deja-vu all over again.

:D ,

Oz

Top Bottom