30-8-2007 updated
Winged Hussar v2

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6920&act=down

use "MongelKeshik" animations

Rabbit,White 's "How to add units, a guide."
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=176460

Ah
They're amazing :)
real masterpiece :) - the level of quality is amazing - this shining armour, helmet, weapons - everything top quality :)

can't wait for the rest of units - they would be real jewel in Polish Empire Exclusive Mod :)
Could you fix/make winged hussar unit (two in the stack attacking with lances and one with old pistol)?

wow, we must have hussar my friend :)

ah beautiful :) They're lovely - can't wait to add them to mod and see them during moving and fighting :)

Thx :):goodjob:

WOW!! Great work. Perfect units (ecpecially winged hussar). Thank you for it! I will surely use them.

Here it is:

It's first official coat o arms of poland used from 1295 year (used by Przemysł II) - tough the eagle was used earlier by Piast dynasty.

the eagle changed during the time but it was characteristical that he was white, with gold crown on head (only during rules of communist party from 1944-1989 he loosed temoprary crown) on the red background :)

more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Poland

EDIT:
We're (we tha means me, kodzi, snafusmith, danrell, Martinus, jobabr, Azazell, mdKiller and couple of others ppl) working on making mod adding Poland for civ4 bts - and we want to put "add a civ" mod on next level (if you played WW2 1939 you know me and kodzi like epic projects :)):
- music for diplomacy - for each era and leader (already done)
- sounds of units - so they'll speak polish (already done - recorded in radio so the quality is good)
- animated 3D LHs (already done, perhaps some changes to the models would be made)
- unique unit animated 3D (you can say "there's nothing special in it" - but looking on danrell's model i won't agree with that sentence)
- unique building
- unique world wonders (we would replace (or just change the look - we aren't sure yet how we will make it) some world wonders with that are playced in Poland - Wawel Castle, Wieliczka Mine, Malborg Castle, Copernicus Observatory, etc.- around 20% of models done)
- unique look of nonunique units - from axeman to f-16 in "jastrzab" painting - around 30-40% of models done - it would be the hardest part but with help of brilliant artist like snafusmirh or danrell it's possible.
- scenarios???? - we don't know yet if any would appear, but we're thinking about making some.
- and finally keeping it balanced - so Poland won't be superpower - it would differ from standard add a civ mod with deep changes in graphics and music/sounds - so you could easily (at least thay say it' easy - i don't know i'm still waiting that this game would appear on shelves here) merge it with your bts.

It's all be in exclusive version of mod. We plan to release also light, mainstream version

sorry for spamming this thread but i just wanted to let you know :) (andf i couldn't keep that in secret anymore :D)

EDIT:
We're (we tha means me, kodzi, snafusmith, danrell, Martinus, jobabr, Azazell, mdKiller and couple of others ppl) working on making mod adding Poland for civ4 bts - and we want to put "add a civ" mod on next level (if you played WW2 1939 you know me and kodzi like epic projects :)):
- music for diplomacy - for each era and leader (already done)
- sounds of units - so they'll speak polish (already done - recorded in radio so the quality is good)
- animated 3D LHs (already done, perhaps some changes to the models would be made)
- unique unit animated 3D (you can say "there's nothing special in it" - but looking on danrell's model i won't agree with that sentence)
- unique building
- unique world wonders (we would replace (or just change the look - we aren't sure yet how we will make it) some world wonders with that are playced in Poland - Wawel Castle, Wieliczka Mine, Malborg Castle, Copernicus Observatory, etc.- around 20% of models done)
- unique look of nonunique units - from axeman to f-16 in "jastrzab" painting - around 30-40% of models done - it would be the hardest part but with help of brilliant artist like snafusmirh or danrell it's possible.
- scenarios???? - we don't know yet if any would appear, but we're thinking about making some.
- and finally keeping it balanced - so Poland won't be superpower - it would differ from standard add a civ mod with deep changes in graphics and music/sounds - so you could easily (at least thay say it' easy - i don't know i'm still waiting that this game would appear on shelves here) merge it with your bts.

It's all be in exclusive version of mod. We plan to release also light, mainstream version

sorry for spamming this thread but i just wanted to let you know :) (andf i couldn't keep that in secret anymore :D)

:eek: :eek: Wow, I can't wait. Finally a full blown civ mod with everything included. I may need it for my mod.:p :p :p :p I may swap this for the celts in BtS:p

hello
your stuff is really great quality (france, h roman, canadians etc....) and really fast to add
Just a tip: the archers and axemen looks too modern maybe so i uses them that way:
exemple archer:
earlytag: art def archer (default or whatever)
middle tag: art def archer_medieval (not longbowman)

WOW!!! These units are some of the most spectacular units I've seen ANYONE make. I've looked at about 1,000 units ver the past week too. All of your creations are simply stunning.

Do you have any plans to do some stone age and more modern units? They could sure use your touch. BTW, don't change anything on these Polish units...

asioasioasio - when do you expect to release this mod? Will there be a way I can edit it to run from customassets instead of from a mod folder?

CAN'T WAIT! :)

Fall 2007 :) - not soon because i'm still working on new update of 1939 (and it will take couple of weeks).

Probably it would be possible to use it in customassets - BTS uses modularity so i think it might work.

Top Bottom