middle East Map 84X52

Lokolus

Retired...
The file is currently in the moderation queue Because i just updated it

Works with BTS too, but the starting possition arent fixed. I like this map but its kinda to poor on resources, but maybe its better this way.

Hey. I'ts me again. I played a whole game on this map and I love it. Its kinda ok with the low resources; i did build mines and . .. .. .. . loads of good stuff popped up :)

That area for egypt seem to be little low of hammers tho. In my game, china had that spot (prince) and they only managed to build 3 cities, after that they go slaughtered at middle ages by Sainty him self :)

Simply create a small mod, not allowing to found cities on desert and double mouvement cost in desert to make this scenario even more fun.

So the AI isnt able to found hundreds of crap cities in the huge deserts. Also it promises more realistic tactics.

Simply create a small mod, not allowing to found cities on desert and double mouvement cost in desert to make this scenario even more fun.

So the AI isnt able to found hundreds of crap cities in the huge deserts. Also it promises more realistic tactics.

Hmm.. my modding knowledge is quite limited and I am currently working on a different scenario (Earth 1790 AD). but if you want you could make this improvements.

A little mod doing two things:
1. Forbids foundation of cities on desert terrain.
2. Doubles mouvement cost on desert terrain.

Here it is:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/108016/Middle_East.rar

Just put it into BTS/Mods folder and unzip. Then copy the middle east map in the subfolder public maps in there.

I have another idea in my mind. We could put these changes into the Gods of Old mod and using this on this map. Could be fun too. But i have no time now for that. If interested, drop a line.

Awesome map, I hope you don't mind but I've edited it to included proper regional nations, and fairly accurate starting points (not balanced ones)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/88510/BTS_MEASP.rar
Nations are
Arabia
Babylonia
Byzantine
Egypt
Ethiopia
Greece
Ottoman
Persia
Sumerian

This might be the wrong place to ask this question, but here I go anyway. I have downloaded the Middle East map. BUT . . . I want to include different civs from some of the other modpacks. Can this be done by opening up the map in the worldbuilder and setting certain civs that are not included in the game to appear in designated starting points?

You can do it with the worldbuilder, or even more simple with the costume game.

No kidding? So, for example, if I had downloaded the Israel civ, the Iran civ, and a few others that might exist. Then I could include them from the worldbuilder and place all of the cities, units, etc.?

Very, very interesting . . . thank you.

Cool. Thanks for making this. I like it, and if you don't mind, I have a few comments.

1) The Arabian peninsula is kinda squished laterally, and stretched horizontally. Widening the Peninsula into the Indian Ocean by 10 tiles would help a ton.
2) Iran is less of desert and more of plains/snow/mountains/hills/grasslands IIRC

I took your map and messed around with it. I basically redid everything. If you'd like I can post a screenie or a save. Again, hope you don't mind, and thanks for a cool map!

I don't really mind, It might even help me to see your'e "improved" map.

Top Bottom