Ships blockade

LDeska

LDeska
I consider it a bug: when an enemy blockades area around your port, you can't work water tiles - it's normal, but wen you put your ships in some tile you should be able to work this tile. In BtS you're not. It's causing very strange thing - in case of stand-off, when both players have the same count of ships (because of 10% of terrain defense it's not possible to break through), then both ship armies stands and enemy can blockade your port.
Last time I had a map where there was 1-tile wide water passage. I put my ships there, enemy was two tile away from this point and run blockade. This blockade caused that my port situated inside (enemy couldn't reach that port) was unable work any water tiles. Even worse - I lost access to sea resource and my cities had not enough health. It's senseless as enemy was not able to reach my fish resource, this fish was secured by another my ship, still blockades was working as those fish would be unaccessible to me.

A savegame with steps to reproduce would be very helpful, and is neccesary if we want it to be fixed. :)

Here we go: this save was taken few turns after the situation I've described, but it also fits here: my galleon and frigate are on top of fish, but 3 galleons next to it are blocking it. Next turn I'll start to kill those galleons, so no problem here, but it is generally a bug - Antium can't work any sea tile.

Attachments

• blockade bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    71.1 KB · Views: 108
So, anyone will confirm it? It is serious problem - enemy can block your resources even when he is unable to reach it. You can't defend your resources with your ships in such case of stand off...

I don't think this is a bug, I think it's how blockade is supposed to work. If you want to break the blockade you need to attack the ship doing it and get it out of there.

Top Bottom