BTS Patch version 3.03!

Yeah, whats the point of whiping a patch like this? It looks like it has no gameplay changes. It will just throw off multiplayer again.

..But its huge...

They Should send out a patch to help with lag times between turns in later game.

I'm still getting massive lag times in late game on a large map. Longer than the original civ 4 had in late game.

I just think that's an effect of the new BTS AI. It seems like it would take more processor power to run. A fair trade off, if you ask me.

You're right but there must be something to help. I'm sitting at the computer looking at a waiting for other civilizations screen for a minute after each turn. longer if another leader wants to talk to me.

This appears totally useless. I have no problems with the game other than the problem with BlueMarble graphics. If it doesn't fix this or address gameplay issues, it's not much of a patch. I'll pass and wait for the next one.

And I wish they'd fix the customassets regarding graphics. ::annoyed::

All I want to know is how come a beta tester (Solver) who wasn't affiliated with the programmers of Civ IV (to the best of my knowledge) can single handedly fix more bugs than a professional programming team in the space of a week. Even when the programming team has 3 weeks instead of one, they still get outperformed. It just seems ridiculous to me. Absolutely ridiculous. This may be the last game I buy from Firaxis, its not that I don't like Civ IV BtS, on the contrary, I love it. It's just the way that Firaxis has a way of releasing games before they are ready and handling patches for said games, I'm sick of it to be frank. Civ IV vanilla had more bugs then my grandmother's barn, and even though BtS had many less bugs when it came out than vanilla civ IV there are still enough to be noticeable during normal game play, and this patch solves little as far as I can see.

*huff* *huff* *pant*

That's all.

This is a really big patch... why is it so big?

What do they mean by DirectX 9.0c included... isn't that already downloadable separately (i.e. I think I already have it)...

My guess is that the patch is so large because they want people to stop complaining about Civ IV wanting a newer version of DirectX and them already having the newest version. (DX 9.0c) The patch includes DX 9.0c June 2007, the latest version from Mircosoft. Go figure.

So can I get it without DX?? Where is it going to be so when I am done patching I can get rid of it so I don't waste all that hard drive space???

BAH..... Guess I should have just not installed BTS and then patched the DX so that I wouldn't have wasted that time.

To the posts complaining about the fix. They probably don't want to do a bunch of patches, so they're delaying the gameplay fixes until later. I don't agree with this- but it's the way things are done for some reason.

Top Bottom