7 civs
Emporer level.
Capitol(suitable for OCC) and 1 settler
No techs
No restarts
60x60 map
restless tribes
NO HUTS

All huts have been removed for a change.Since this is accomplished with the scenrio editing tools of 2.42,you will be able to research "in a straight shot".You won't get rooked by tech choices :D

Attachments

• gotm17.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 485
and a .sav format

Seems like this can be a fast game... But no Raging Hordes!? (Copious tears for the lost gold...) People that play this one hopefully will avail themselves of a full SSC.

Mini competition: Whose SSC will produce (at it's zenith) the Max science breaker output for at least 1 turn? For a greater challenge, what is the theoretical max for this city? :)

BTW, are you the regular mapmaker from now on Smash?

I think so.

I don't want you raking 150 a shot.You'll have to settle for 100 :D

Very often,it is difficult to tell the difference between restless and raging.....

60x60 is a tad bigger than small.

All I did was start a few times until I saw this primo spot.Activated cheat menu and hit "wipe all huts" and saved.Reloaded and moved the settler and thats the save so I consider myself fully eligible.

I think an OCC is in order.Or a SSC/helper city approach.Go for spaceship asap type game.I wonder if I can land pre 1500ad...

Yes. Smash is the offical save maker for the Civ 2 GOTM. Starting this GOTM, I will be the one compiling the games and scores.

BTW, the new game wasn't scheduled until the 3rd, but I wouldn't mind going back to the 1st being the start date. Otherwise, we need to decide if this one is going to be due on the 5th or the 3rd.

by Smash:

I think an OCC is in order.Or a SSC/helper city approach.Go for spaceship asap type game.I wonder if I can land pre 1500ad..

Answer: Yes... with that city, an OCC 1500 landing is a fair possibility!

I've seen some of your OCC logs, and in fact some of your benchmarks from a long time ago helped me learn to play OCC. I played some of the ones at Apolyton last year, but was generally about 5-12 game turns behind your timelines. But OCCs go so quick (timewise) that it is certainly easy to finish in a month (Or really in a couple sittings).

I'll wait a while before starting this one to see if people wanno go OCC. Besides, I just started GOTM 16.
I don't know if OCC is still played at Apolyton, but a "mini-GOTM" or OCC GOTM (separate from the "normal" GOTM) might be interesting and have some interest., given the small amount of playtime to complete a game. Sign me up, if so.

by Duke of M.:

Yes. Smash is the offical save maker for the Civ 2 GOTM. Starting this GOTM, I will be the one compiling the games and scores.

I assume Matrix is still the GOTM Moderator? Or has he departed the GOTM scene?

BTW, the new game wasn't scheduled until the 3rd, but I wouldn't mind going back to the 1st being the start date. Otherwise, we need to decide if this one is going to be due on the 5th or the 3rd.

Does not matter to me personally, FWIW... but for the current GOTM, I was planning on the 5th, since that's the currently posted deadline.

PS, I'm nominating Smash to make an additional monthly game .SAV for a separate OCC. I'll bet noughmaster, me Smash, and a handful of others (and anyone with limited Civ time that month) would play a monthly OCC! Of course, the monthly OCC whould not be the same as the regular GOTM, but I suppose could have its own webpage of results. Scoring OCCs is much easier then the GOTM, and reading the logs of others is half the fun!

Matrix is still handling the Civ 3 GOTM, but Smash and I are handling the Civ 2 GOTM.

Yes, GOTM 16 is due the 5th. The one just posted here, GOTM 17, we can consider a different date since it was posted 'early'. Or, just continue on as it is. It doesn't make much difference to me. The dates were initially shifted just so Matrix wouldn't have two GOTM's to work on at the same time.

the due date and what not should stay the same unless you want.
I think it should be ready to d/l and play on the 1st though.

So, available on the 1st, due on the 5th?

It use to be available on the 1st, due on the 3rd.

Then it was available on the 3rd, due on the 5th.

Any way is fine with me. I just want to have one way established and not be switching it all the time.

Avail the 1st and due the 5th would give the most time for people to play it. :)

Originally posted by starlifter

I don't know if OCC is still played at Apolyton[/B]

Many people play OCC now and then, but the masters seem to be away. Ribannah and solo play civ3. samson has disappeared and paul doesn't post any longer AFAIK.
(and smash plays GOTM instead :goodjob: )

It was a good run(Forthnight OCC).Some 20 games were played before we hit the wall.

You'll find solo over at simgolf@www.ezboard.com these days.One of the better designers and quickly becoming an authority.
Paul still does some PBEM A/C and CtP all of things!
Rib was a big reloader IMO.
Samson has returned to Delilha :D

WOW, that is nice city site, without searching nearby, doubt much would be better. Certainly way better than anything I saw in your history archive. (lots of times desert i noticed)
Gee and I'd decided this time to search the board for a decent first city, such a shame.:D
Think, I'll try OCC for a little while anyways, see how it goes.
(guessing try till size 8 , then see if i have a shot) Never tried one before, just been reading about, as so many neat tactics I've never heard of.

I did some wierd things last time with Barbarians last time, that got me thinking about OCC enhancement.
I had a settler off by itself on its way to its new location, when 6 Barnarians Horseman surrounded him, I thought discression was the better part of valour; built a city and let them take. Then send trade to it.:crazyeye:
I know that would violate OCC specifications but ...
Woulnt that enhance an OCC have a bunch of Barbian cities to trade with, not to mention keeping the AIs away :cooool:

Yes you can trade with a barb city in OCC,but the longterm chances of that city generating trade arrows is bleak.Your routes will probably be better if established with an AI city.I like to pick the one I figure has the most trade and growth potential for my forst 3 routes.

The other thought is quite good.A very good tactic to use barb armys/activity to indirectly protect your city.Bribe for cheap NONs also.

This will be a little tougher than a standard OCC.No huts does not exactly help the occ cause.Fastest SS approach I think is SSC with helper cities.

Yikes! I was planning on making this my return GOTM but I think I'll wait until next month because I am a little rusty and am struggling on a king game right now: Still in 1st, but falling in tech and being infringed upon by 2 other civs.

Maybe I can practice for the first 15 days and then play GOTM the last 15, who knows....

Maybe an OCC will be possible, but that too will be determined solely by how ready I feel in a week or so.

Originally posted by LordValuna

Think, I'll try OCC for a little while anyways, see how it goes.
(guessing try till size 8 , then see if i have a shot) Never tried one before, just been reading about, as so many neat tactics I've never heard of.

What's a good timeframe and techlevel to be at Pop 8 by?
In general of course.:)
From the OCC reference page tech should be near Construction (Re: Aquaduct) doh!
Anyways, I was more wondering about what year this should be. My techs are always behind this incredable rates. Course till recently I never used trade and had not even heard of an SSC and worse of all never had I love the King days on purpose.:king:

Originally posted by LordValuna
WOW, that is nice city site, without searching nearby, doubt much would be better. :cooool:

Took another look at that city site, is not what my first impression was. I thought the two lakes (ocean) were river square. Rivers grassland or plain would be way better than ocean. Oh wells cant have everything.
This does look like a very nice defensive position i see. :scan:

Top Bottom