[BTS "Extra"] Large Formations

QJaxun

Chieftain
This is a ModComp for Chiyus BTS ModPack Extra.

I greatly increased the size of most unit formations and changed the scale of the units to compensate. I haven't had a lot of time to play test the changes yet, especially how the increased unit size affects combat.

Just extract the .zip file into your Mods/Extra folder, overwriting when prompted. The current version Uses Extra 2.7.

Change History
no changes yet

Bugs/Known Issues
*Units tend to be hidden when standing in forest or jungle tiles. I kind of like the effect but i may end up increasing the scale of everything.
*Line, Bow and Gun formations are all currently the same.
*Not all general/siege tower positions are correct.

To Do
Add unit and event specific formations. Ive only made very basic formations at this point. There are no separate idle, combat, fortify, etc. formations yet.

Altered Files
CIV4FormationInfos.xml (formation details)
CIV4UnitInfos.xml (formations details)
CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml (unit scales tweaked)
CIV4DetailManager.xml (global unit scale tweaked)

Download Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6746

Attachments

• medieval_army.JPG
    medieval_army.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 1,586
  • WW2_invasion.JPG
    WW2_invasion.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 844
Spoiler Formation Types :

Scout - scout and explorer units

Skirmish - skirmishing units

Line - infantry units

Box - spear units

Bow - bow units

Gun - early gunpowder units

Loose - late gunpowder and mounted archer units

Mounted - mounted melee units

Machine - siege units and vehicles

Air - fighters and bombers

Worker/Settler

This looks really cool! Does it run smoothly, or does it take up a lot of system resources?

Looks good downloading it now

Are you going to make one for 2.9?

I tried using it on 2.9 and everyone started with Papal Pikemans, and you can build them at first.

Yeah, im going to update the files as soon as i can, should be done by next weekend.

This is really very cool mod - look very very nice!!!
(i long time searching for mod like "Regiments and Formations" for Vanila - but working with BTS - and very glad when found).

Did i correct understand - to use this Mod i must have BTS Extra 2.7 Mod?
It will be very nice - if this mod can be (easy or hard - but possible) added to clean BTS game (no gameplay changes - only graphics).

P.s. i can`t check myself because ERROR: File not found.

That looks cool! Can this be done for regular BTS??

:eek::eek::eek:

That is so awesome, i love the one with the praets. I seriously want to second this question; Can i use this in regular BtS?

These are awesome and realistics looking. Great job!:cheers:

I tried to increase unit quantity without mod (using info from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4553254&postcount=203).
But when i increase quantity of unit in stack they stay not in formation (in 2 or 3 or more line) but like .... random position.
I didn`t found how to set up formation for unit.
When i tried to modify [CIV4FormationInfos.xml] i didn`t understand this file at all.

If Author have not interest or haven`t time to adopt this mod to clean BTS - may be Author or someone else can help - and give some information how to manage unit formation? In this case I can make (i hope) "formation for BTS".
But yet I know not enough.... :(

Top Bottom