Wide Citybar

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Ever annoyed with narrow citybar so long names like Confucian Missionary doesn't fit in? If yes here comes solution - Wide CityBar

This very very small graphic modification, tough it took me some time to figure it out, makes citybar around 25% wider.

It should work with all versions and expansions of civ4.
To install it, put it to your Custom Assets Folder, or paste to the proper directory in C:\Program Files, or just use it as mod.

Download here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6762

Good job, Asioasioasio ! :D
I wonder if the same is possible with tech both width. I don't ask for you to do it but it bothers me a lot when tech names are hidden by And Prereqs.
I just hope it will be done in the future.

I really like the wider bar, thanks! I've included it in the BUG mod and had a question. It looks to me like the change involves only graphic files (DDS and NIF -- they're both graphics, right?). The game uses the new width for text (great), but it doesn't seem to center the bar anymore, and the click/hover area seems shorter to me. Is there a non-DLL way to fix this?

Thank You

@ snipperrabit
I don't know if it's possible - perhaps in python because i didn't saw any nif / dds / tga responsible for it. I don't know python so i can't do this unfortunatelly.

@ EmperorFool
Yes it changes only graphics - i played with the old one in nifviewer and than changed shape of the glow so it outlines the bar well now

about being not centered - i know - i tried to make it in the begining centered, but i couldn't move this orange and blue bar - only what worked was scalling and it didn't make it symetrical - so i needed to move the star with citysize and the circle with icon of produced unit. As i said i had to do it cause i wasn't able to center this orange/blue bar.

about hoover/click - yeah weird i notieced it just now. I checked to nifviewer - there isn't ninode responsible for that - so probably it somwhere hardcoded. I don't know :(

I'll give a try once again

EDIT
I don't know how to fix hover/click or and move this orange/blue bar so i could center it :(

Thanks for looking into it, asioasioasio. I haven't had time to play since installing the mod, but am I understanding you correctly that the build/food progress bars in the city bar don't stretch all the way to the circle that has the thing being built?

Sorry to ask a question I could easily answer myself by opening a saved game, but I've gotta run off to work now.

They stretch well
i need to choose it well streched or centered - and i choosed well streched - so they are from circele to circle and display correct

Everything works fine except hover/click action - when you move mouse over bar.

In new version it makes hover/action not on all bar (around 25% on the right (the resized one) doesn't act as hover/click) - i didn't figure out how to make it wider in nifviewer - probably this action is somwhere hardcoded.

It's nothing much to worry about i always enter city double clicking city buildings - so it doesn't makes any difference for me - and in the 75% of bar this action works fine. I'm using this in bts and looks and work fine.

Great :) If you could fix it it would be awesome :)

I just wanted to ask. I assumed there would be no problem with me using this. It it will be a help with displaying more icons over the city bar. I put this in the mod I working on. here.

OK use it as you want :)

Hi, Asio.
Know you, where I can find nif for bar in techtree screen? I need make it wider for more effect/tech. Give advice me, please.
Thanks Hroch

you need to unpack this firaxis .fpk files from vanilla civ

and there Art\Interface\Citybar

Edit

Ekhm i now see youre questioning about tech tree
I think it's in python
but i don't know where

the .dds probably would be in resources - there's a bunch of files for UI
or it could be in Art\Interface\

where I can find nif for bar in techtree screen?

It's all drawn in CvTechChooser.py in Assets\Python\Screens. I think the function is drawTechs. If I recall, it only uses DDSes for all the techs/unit/civic/etc icons -- it just draws a rectangle for the tech card I think.

If you know Python, it shouldn't be too hard. If not, it's a good way to learn. :)

It's all drawn in CvTechChooser.py in Assets\Python\Screens. I think the function is drawTechs. If I recall, it only uses DDSes for all the techs/unit/civic/etc icons -- it just draws a rectangle for the tech card I think.

If you know Python, it shouldn't be too hard. If not, it's a good way to learn. :)

Thanks, I will see on it. I don´t know python but I expect unchanging proportions, that I need change
Thanks
HROCHland

HROCHland - I look forward for this modification :) any pixel you can get is important :)

Top Bottom