Viera Unit Pack 27AUG07

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I've decided to finally get to work on the Viera flavor unit pack for the World of Ivalice civs in the Final Fantasy mod. The Viera are an (appearantly) all-female race (which begs the question of where baby viera come from...) that are extremely agile, have large rabbit-like ears and sharp senses, making them fearsome ranged combatants and stealth infiltrators.... Hence why they fill all the ranged defensive unit slots in the game.

Basically, this is yet another fantasy race that only Goldflash would like or have any use for. :lol:

Viera Settler:

Viera Archer:

Viera Ranger:

Viera Gunner:

Viera Sniper:

Viera Assassin (Kingdom of Bervenia UU):

Very nice! :D

Your units are getting better and better. :thumbsup:

The dress looks very nice and detailed! :)

Keep up the good work!

Viera Ranger is now finished.... Archer is next after I complete something entirely different for this month's unit competition (something that will either involve "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho" or "Ia! Ia!".....)

Hi Hikaro Takayama,

Awesome units. :goodjob:

I know you use Bryce for a lot of your stuff. I made my first unit using your Bryce tutorial. Were these units made with Bryce or Poser?

The reason I ask is that I tried my hand at making a humanoid in Bryce and it was frustrating to say the least, so I gave up. :eek:

EDIT: Thanks for a great tutorial also BTW.

These are all poser... I've made a grand total of 2 human units in Bryce: The Galbadian Elite and the Gatling gun.

Hi Hikaro,

When I run the animation for the Gunner unit in Civ3FlcEdit it runs fine when all directions are selected. However, when I choose a particular direction for the animation the muzzle flash doesn't show up. I'm wondering if the muzzle flash will therefore show up in the game. Have you checked the unit in the game yet? If not you might want to check it out to make sure the muzzle flash appears during combat.

It uses the same animation formula as just about every other female gun-wielding unit I've created, and they all work just fine.

They also work just fine in Flicster, too.... Then again, I've had problems with Civ3FlicEdit as well, which is why I don't use it.

It uses the same animation formula as just about every other female gun-wielding unit I've created, and they all work just fine.

They also work just fine in Flicster, too.... Then again, I've had problems with Civ3FlicEdit as well, which is why I don't use it.

Hi Hikaro,

Sorry for the false alarm. I checked it in Flicster and it does appear correctly there. Hmmm. I'm going to start using Flicster myself.

Well, I decided to do the Viera Archer anyways... I was going to wait until after I did something else, but as Quinzy said:

Fantastic! Archer animations are a right smeg to make.

therefore, I decided to finish out those annoying animations as soon as I could just to get it out of the way (and before I lost all the papers with all the information on the parts of the animations that I had to do by hand despite having the overall animation saved in a poser library).

Top Bottom