Next War: New Senario Idea

Onionsoilder

Reaver
WARNING: Very long post. Read at your own risk.

I just got though playing "Next War" and while I enjoyed the concept of a futuristic world, I found some (in my opinion) serrious errors as well as balance issues. I also think it would be fun to update with advanced technologies in speculation or protoform today but were excluded from the modification.

Here is a list of changes I would like to implement:

1) The Dreadnought tanks and Walkers were a very interesting concept, but in practice not much fun in game, despite who was using them, myself of the Computer. Even with the unit limit they still feel to strong and strangely out of place. I think that some serrious changes, for instance reducing the power and production required but increacing unit limit would be a good change.

2) The whole cloning concept was completely unaccutate. Automatons are robots, and Cyborgs are half human half machine, not clones. The Cyborgs also reminded me of an army of Darth Vaders. I think that a good edit would be to introduce a new technology: "Bionics", wich is then used to produce these units. A new skin for the Cyborgs would be nice to.

3) I do enjoy the concept of cloning however. The introduction of weak, but easily mass produced infantries would be a nice addition to the modification.

4) Cold Fusion was an interesting concept, but barely scratches the surface of futuristic technologies. The introduction of "Supercompression" and "Submolecular Manipulation" technologies would allow units and bvuildings that run of Dark Matter and Antimatter, respectively. Dark Matter could be used to build a new type of power plant similar to a Nuclear plant, but with no chance of a meltdown. Natrually, this ould be a difficult building to produce btu once placed in a city would provide great benefit.

As for new militaristic oppertunities involving these technologies, the introduction of an "Impact Cannon" that is a futuristic artillery. Impact Cannons will be able to bombard city defences as well as attack city buildings, and would gain a bonus versus Armored Units. The theory is the Impact Cannon launches a projectile with a dynamic mass that upon hitting the target, becomes so heavy it litterally shatters the target into millions of pieces before disintegrating.

Another new unit would be the "Antimatter Missile". For those who don't know, Antimatter reacts directly with any matter, including the air we breathe, and using E=MC2 litterally dissolves itself and any matter surrounding it with destructive potential similar to that a Nuclear Bomb. In short, this would be an ICBM without any radiation penalties, I.E., no fallout, no global warming, etc.

One final technology and unit I would like to add would be "Electrocloaking". This warps and bends light waves around the cloacked object, preventing any light waves from reaching the target. In short, nothing can see the target - but the target cannot see anything either. Because of this, the units would operate off sound waves, I.E. Sonar and Radar, making the first land combat unit invisible to enemy units that cannot detect hidden enemies. Perhaps Agents could be an advanced Spy that can also be built.

My final change would be one I found fusterating in "Next War" was the existance of only four powers, of wich most were severely unbalanced. I would like to make a total of 12 Civilizations, each holding a more balanced share of cities and technologies, such as the Romanized Rebublic(All countries that speak romantic languages, I.E. Spanish, Latin, French), the Neosoviet Empire(Russia + China), Great Alliance(U.S.A., Great Britian, Austrlia) etc.

I have mapped out a new tech tree and designed some stats for new units and such, and would love ot begin working on my mod now, but there is just one problem - I completely suck at it! If anyone is good at modding and would liek to work on this, could you please contact me so I can fill you in on the rest of the details? Of course, you will have complete creative control over most of the contect, and credit will be given to "Next War" for the basic concepts.

also some buildings need to be changed, if you see the civiliopedia, (this is only an example) the Mind-Control Center says that once a city built it there's no turning back, as it is near 100% addictive, and if people stop using it, might turn into depressed serial-killers; so a spy could destroy one of these and the city lose gradually population due to murders, and could one became normal again if the Mind-Control were reconstructed, or if a city had more Mind-Control Centers as a replacement but these still reduce :hammers: by (about) 10% each(as i said above, this is only an example, and they could do identical things to other buildings);
also the construction of more smart cyborgs that were stronger, but might turn against you (and others civs) in a killing spree to be "free" ( why does this remembers me of 47?)

another small change would be allow gunpowder units have drill; in regular game, they have, but not in next war; i want the America Inc. UU (Navy SEAL) with drill IV !!

Top Bottom