Bug Reporting

alerum68

Priest of Hiroshima
Hello everybody. I'm going to report sth that was a known but not solved issue for me with ruff's cobbled SG mod. Since it hasn't been solved I had to cobble sth up myself for me. But since you are getting sth new together I am hoping that we or - :blush: more likely, you - can solve this.

I have absolutely clueless when it comes to modding. :( So I hope that you have a couple of ideas.

I am having trouble with some icons in various screens. For example the main screen looks like this:

The City Screen looks like this:

The odd thing is that some of those icons - the :gold: at least - works here:

Now, I've been getting my BtS down to vanilla patched to 3.02 and the results are as shown. Do you have any idea what could be causing the trouble?

The following spoilers hold some more screenies of screens that are somewhat screwed.

Spoiler sevopedia :

Spoiler domestic advisor :

Spoiler tech advisor :

Spoiler demographics :

Another thingy that I'd like to point out is the Better Espionage Screen. I think it might be a really small change. But a nice one. I haven't read the BUG Project thread in its full magnificence so that might have already been discussed. If so ... ignore this.

---------------------------------

One More Thing (TM):

:thanx:

for putting all this effort into making the management of this beautiful game easier and smoother.

:goodjob:

Dot it seems some icon files are missing. The only solutions I can see are going through your assets directory and seeing what files are missing, or uninstall and reinstall both CIV4 and BTS. After you do that make sure that you don't change the Assets folder within the BTS directory, and only install or make changes within the CustomAssets folder in your Documents folder. If the size and font of your text is a problem as well there is a program called CivScale which will allow you to change that, but it won't fix the problem with the icons.

Hope that helps.

I always only change the Assets folder in my documents. I'm not totally stupid after all. :lol: ;)

Could you give me a hint how those font thingies should look. Since I've lend my Civ4 CD to a friend I'm currently unable to reinstall. How can it be that they are not causing any problems without BUG 0.15?

Nice picture in your profile, btw. Very good album! :thumbsup:

I thought this was happening to you since Warlords... didn't know it was only with a MOD loaded. You said Assets, not CustomAssets... are you putting this into a MOD directory, then loading a Mod to play it? I'd suggest backing up, and deleting your CustomAssets folder, and reinstalling it completely. Make sure there is a file called GameFont_75.tga inside the CustomAssets/Res/Fonts file as well.

It may be a good idea to install the latest version of Blue Marble if you are running that. Make sure to install BM first then BUG.

I've attached a screenshot of my City View screen showing the icons.

Also, we've taken the Better Esp. Screen, but have changed it slightly to suit our needs.

Attachments

• City View.JPG
    City View.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 716
:eek: You're making +2398 gpt at 100% :science:? - :crazyeye: That's mad.

With the espionage screen ... I've seen that after posting. My :smoke:.

No, with warlords everything is fine. It was only with ruff's cobbled mod and now with BUG.
- The named .tga file is in the CustomAssets/Res/Fonts folder. So there's no problem.
- I've had BM installed but deinstalled it since it's been causing trouble with mp.

So I guess that I'm stuck pretty much at the same stupid situation where I was with gaurav earlier. :sad: If you have a look at it you'll notice that it's going back and forth a bit. But we couldn't sort it out after all.

If this is too special and you don't have the time to do this or simply don't want to do this just let me know. That's OK. It seems to be a problem that hasn't been occuring with anyone else. So it isn't something that's exactly of public interest. :p

Thank you for your help so far, though, ;)

If this is too special and you don't have the time to do this or simply don't want to do this just let me know. That's OK. It seems to be a problem that hasn't been occuring with anyone else. So it isn't something that's exactly of public interest. :p
Thank you for your help so far, though, ;)

I thik you have some file out of order, so you can do like this:
* as a start, you need in your \My Games\Beyond the Sword folder:
- the original Assets folder
- no CustomAssets folder: if you have one, move it someware else or rename it
- an empty MOD folder (if you have something inside it, put it somewhere else)

* now, download this file
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/74513/BUG_Mod.zip
and put the content in your \My Games\Beyond the Sword folder; in particular, check that after dezipping, you have inside that folder a new CustomAssets folder and a file called BUG Mod.ini

* start the game, and check if your problem is still there

Not yet. Just got home from the doctor. But I will do this later and post the results. Thanx. ;)

I mentioned this back in post #571 in the old thread but thought I'd bring it back up with more details now that you have a bug reporting thread.

Tech and gold trade alerts in MoreCiv4lerts are often one turn behind. (I say "often" because under certain circumstances they occur on the correct turn). It looks like the HOF folks have changed their MoreCiv4lerts.py in the last few months, and I noticed a poster there mentioning that the tech trade alert timing seems to have been fixed, although the gold trade alert timing was apparently still glitchy. The HOF folks moved the relevant code from MoreCiv4lerts.py to their HOFUtil.py and modified it there. You might want to take a look at it and/or ask the HOF mod devs how they addressed it.

For my original bug report of this problem over in the HOF mod forum, look at post #747 there. I've been seeing pretty much the same behavior here in BUG 0.15, although I haven't had a chance to isolate a savegame file (not playing Civ currently).

Also, looking to the future, similar problems happen in the ShowInfo mod. I would love to see the ShowInfo mod incorporated since it adds resource trade alerts and more detailed tech trade alerts (showing which Civs and which techs). Even though the automatic alerts fire late in ShowInfo, it has a shortcut key (Shift-I, at least as I modified it in jrayUGH) that can manually display the alerts, and that has CORRECT timing on all fronts. So maybe it can be fixed somehow simply to emulate a Shift-I at the beginning of the player's turn.

"Known Bugs" is funny name for bug report thread :)

When pillaging road I get
Code:
Traceback (most recent call):
File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 126, in handleEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 137, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "autologEventManager", line 713, in onUnitPillage
File "PyHelpers", line 1704, in getDescription
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no 'getDescription'

Umm... I don't usually pillage roads it seems :)

I mentioned this back in post #571 in the old thread but thought I'd bring it back up with more details now that you have a bug reporting thread.

Tech and gold trade alerts in MoreCiv4lerts are often one turn behind. (I say "often" because under certain circumstances they occur on the correct turn). It looks like the HOF folks have changed their MoreCiv4lerts.py in the last few months, and I noticed a poster there mentioning that the tech trade alert timing seems to have been fixed, although the gold trade alert timing was apparently still glitchy. The HOF folks moved the relevant code from MoreCiv4lerts.py to their HOFUtil.py and modified it there. You might want to take a look at it and/or ask the HOF mod devs how they addressed it.

For my original bug report of this problem over in the HOF mod forum, look at post #747 there. I've been seeing pretty much the same behavior here in BUG 0.15, although I haven't had a chance to isolate a savegame file (not playing Civ currently).

EF had explained why this bug happens in this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5888512&postcount=607
so I'm sure that it will be fixed in 1.00 release :)

"Known Bugs" is funny name for bug report thread :)

When pillaging road I get
Code:
Traceback (most recent call):
File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 126, in handleEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 137, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "autologEventManager", line 713, in onUnitPillage
File "PyHelpers", line 1704, in getDescription
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no 'getDescription'

Umm... I don't usually pillage roads it seems :)

This wasn't supposed to be the Bug reporting thread, it just got turned into one it seems.:p

Looks like Autologger is causing some problems. Will take a look and see if I can reproduce. Mind uploading the save before the road pillaging?

The first post in the thread indicates bugs are reported in this thread, causing this to be the bug report thread. Or did I read it wrong?

I don't seem to have save from that time. The saves I found (a bit later) didn't cause any trouble - road was pillaged without any errors (although it didn't log anything either).

Does autologger have some initialization issues (like the great people lightbulb mod)? I certainly hadn't opened a brand new bts instance causing the great people lightbulbs be displayed wrongly.

Very strange. So it's not causing the python errors now? Love when Bugs fix themselves.:p If it happens again, please upload the save to us and we'll try and reproduce it.

I have Ruff_hi's mod for Warlords, for BTS I installed this mod.
I hoped the ALT-J options screen is working here, too. It came up, but I couldn't close it :( I had to close BTS from task manager. I guess it is not supposed to work (yet?) Anyway keep up the good work :goodjob:

I have Ruff_hi's mod for Warlords, for BTS I installed this mod.
I hoped the ALT-J options screen is working here, too. It came up, but I couldn't close it :( I had to close BTS from task manager. I guess it is not supposed to work (yet?) Anyway keep up the good work :goodjob:

Yes, it was not supposed to work, all the options are in the BUG Option Screen (Ctrl+Alt+O).
We wanted to remove the ALT-J key, but I think it has been forgotten... :blush:

Top Bottom