EarthWorld - Earth huge & playable!

CivKing2007

Chieftain
Hi,

Okay I took Rhyes Huge Earth Map with Enlarged Europe and made in compatible with BTS expansion!!

18 Playable Civs and lots of barbarian civs states with special units and some buildings. No playable civs on North America.

I think you will really enjoy my new map and tweaks. It should be alot better balanced then last projects I posted.

Enjoy!!

Update: Uploaded EarthWorldv1 - Small bug fixes and added some tweaks to some civs to help them develope better.

Attachments

• EarthWorld.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 269
  • EarthWorldv1.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 723
Trying to post some screen shots!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 933
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 613
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 448
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 409
More screen shots!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 705
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 453
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 404
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 380
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 442
All the black Civs were where I placed the Barbarian States!! All major 18 Civ's all playable. Example... Spain, England, China...ect!!!

Ive found some minor bugs. I will be updating and fixing map later today. Nothing serious.

I will take a try mister the :king:

;)

You seem to be pretty talented, why don't you make a world map around the size of 200 x 100????????

Sigh, Jeff, he wrote something about PLAYABLE.

Anything beyound 10.000 plots doesn't qualify for that label. As nice as it would be to play giant or bigger maps, the slowdown is significantly hampering the gameplay plus the late game MAFs are still in afaik.

I cannot take credit for the original earth map. That was designed by Rhye. I took it and have been enhancing and tweaking gameplay with it. I also converted it to BTS. Rhye deserves FULL credit for original design!!!

Sigh, Jeff, he wrote something about PLAYABLE.

Anything beyound 10.000 plots doesn't qualify for that label. As nice as it would be to play giant or bigger maps, the slowdown is significantly hampering the gameplay plus the late game MAFs are still in afaik.

You are wise! Most people just dont get how bad this game can bog down. Its a combination of map size and how many civilzations your using to how much horse power your computer has.

nice map. why you put 2 towns for greeks and 2 setlers for chinesse? and why there are 2 wonders build in 4000 BC? piramidas in egypt and state of zeus somewhere... you could also put stonehenge in London, and great wall in chinesse, etc

This is a a great map. Thanks.

You have 18 playable civs. They are all in the old world, which is just the way I like it.

But, as all 8 slots are taken up by playable civs, there will be no way to found colonies.

I tried to remove Ham and Saladin from the map using notepad, but when I do that, most of the other civs start in the wrong location.

Now I know that another simple solution is just to kill them using the world builder at the start of the game. But I read a post by Dale that claimed that even dead civs figure into the AI calculations somehow, and as the time factor on AI calculations is said to increaase exponentially, what's the point.

Thus, I have two possible suggestions:

1) Perhaps a version that only includes 16 civs - though this will only allow for two civs to create one colony each - which is quite sad.

2) Or Better yet, how about a version with 18 playable civs and 7 empty slots on the map, along with the required 25 slot SDK that would be necessary in such a case. This is the much preferable solution I think. However, yikes, once again - Dale claims that at this point anything over 18 civs causes crashes. Now does he mean 18 playable civs, or 18 slot SDK, I'm not sure. Some modders out there have created maps with many more playable civs and a much larger SDK. Lt. Bob has a 40 slot SDK available, designed for Nightravn's 40 civ Ghengis Kai map I believe. I just tried Gedman's version of Ghengis Kai, he starts it with 28 playable civs, I cut that back to just 18 on Dale's advice, but the map is just way to big. It lags and becomes unbearably slow for my tastes around 500 AD.

Anyhoo, I suppose the easyest thing for me to do is just kill two civs in the worldbuilder.

But, I will also experiement with your excellent map and Lt. Bob's 40 slot SDK. I will just use notepad to put in the additional 22 empty slots in the map, and I will see if this works. Once again, however, does Dale mean don't use more than 18 playable civs, or don't use more than an 18 slot SDK.

Like I said, 18 playable civs on the map with 7 empty slots and a 25 civ SDK might be the preferable situation for the ideal map at the moment.

Finally, in addition, it might also be a good idea to post up at the front of your thread the fact that, as the map now stands, unless a few civs are deleated in the world builder, those two vast, beautiful and empty American continants are going to be financially untenable without the ability to create colonies. I say this because I think that a lot of folk who play the map won't realize this until midway through their game, and by then it's kind of late - I learned that the hard way - on marathon, after I took over about 10 barb cities in a long hard fought campaign - oops, 18 playable civs, no colonies possible. Had to quit that game just when I thought it was going to get very interesting.

Anyway, sorry about the length of the post. In fact, I'm not even sure that if one kills two of the civs in the worldbuilder, that one can then found colonies with the two empty slots? Hence, as you can see, I'm not really sure about a lot of how this stuff all works. All I know is, that this is a really beautiful map, but that as it now stands, the Americas might as well be left to the barbs - no disrespect to the original native peoples thereof intended.

Thanks for all the good work. Once again, really love the map - especially the barb city placement - always have to go in and create Cuzco and Tenochitlan myself when I play all in the old world real world maps - which is just about all I really like to play. This one is perfect!

Now I am really confused. None of my methods for making this map able to use colonies has worked.

1) I used notepad to replace two civs, but then the other civs don't start in the right spot.

2) I started the game and then killed off a civ on the first turn, but was unable to found a colony.

3) I started a game and then killed off a civ on the first turn, saved in the worldbuilder, restarted from the worldbuilder save, but was unable to form a colony.

4) I went into the map and added

BeginTeam
TeamID=18
ContactWithTeam=18
RevealMap=0
EndTeam

BeginPlayer
Team=18
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

for teams and players 18 - 39. I then loaded the map with Lt. Bob's 40 dll mod, it loads, and I get the opening Dawn of Man pop-up, but when I press okay to start the game, it says "You have been defeated."

I have tried my best. In truth, if I could ever get it working, I would most like to use it with Ket's or Gedman's or at least Diversica or Varietas Delectat, and should be able to use it with at least several of them and Lt. Bob's dll. But regardless, for the time being, I believe I am out of ideas as to how to implement this map with colonies. Sorry about the inconvenience, but with BTS, especially on a real world map with no civs in the new world, I do think the ability to found colonies is of fundamental importance.

Conquerer Worm: The problem you were having was related to civilization placements in the wbsave. I posted a working wbsave in my thread that allows 40civs.

Top Bottom