STR-06: 3CTCC goes Monarch

Strauss

King
3CTCC = Three City True Cultural Challenge

I had planned to launch this SG somewhere back in January, but was prevented to do so by getting a little burnt out by CIV and catching the poker bug. However, I still want to start this up.

Game Settings:

Game Version: BtS 3.03
Difficulty level: Monarch
Map type: Fractal
Map size: Standard
Game speed: Epic
Civ: Up for discussion (Egypt not allowed as it was played in STR-04)
Leader: Up for discussion
Victory conditions: All enabled
Opponents: 6 random
Barbs: On

Variant: We may never use the cultural slider or build culture and must win by Cultural Victory

Roster:
1) Strauss
2) Pvblivs
3) ungy
4) blid
5) pholkhero
6) GreyFox

24 hours for a 'got it', additional 48 hours to play.

After STR-04 ended, the team was interested in joining the next 3CTCC game. If any of them are still interested, spots are reserved for them.

Strauss, you're back. So I am back too, right? :salute:

I can't even remember if I was on board the last 3ctcc, but I'd like to this time.

Signing in!

Checkin'in.

I was about to :bump: about this game when I saw STR-05 and here it comes :)

We abused industrious last time, so I'd like to try a philo leader this time. Gandhi may be overdone, so we can try Lincoln, Sitting Bull, Pericles/Alex (the odeon is nice) or Suleiman (the hammam is not bad too)

EDIT : why is the game on epic speed ? Isn't normal better suited for peaceful games ?

Strauss,

got your pms, and was thinking about joining anyway ~ i'm about at my limit as far as SGs go, but a 3CC won't be too time consuming. edit: translation: checking in!

I've never played lincoln nor pericles ~ i think i like pericles better simply b/c Lincoln's CHA trait won't do much for us, and CRE allows for more culture, faster in the early game, esp w/the cheap libraries.

also, i'm up for whatever speed, but am more comfortable at epic ~

I am a total rookie as far as succession games go but I have been wanting to play one for a long time. I play monarch regularly and have yet to log a cutural win. If you will have me I would love to join.

also, i forgot to mention, i'll be OoP starting Tuesday until Sunday, but if i'm at the end of the roster, it shouldn't be a problem

Roster:
1) Strauss
2) Pvblivs
3) ungy
4) blid
5) pholkhero
6) GreyFox

Temron, I'm sorry, but I can't include you in this one. I hope you'll enjoy lurking here too.

As for the civ to play, I think it would be fun to use one of the new civs/leaders from BtS, although I don't believe any of them are particularly suited for a Cultural Victory. Pericles (Cre/Phi) would be the best choice I think, although I think the Native Americans wouldn't do bad either. On Monarch, we can certainly expect some more aggressive behaviour from our opponents, and we could put the Protective trait bonuses to good use. I believe Protective is one of the least favourite traits: this would be a good opportunity to prove its worth.

More suggestions are welcome.

for selfish reason (see PH08), I would prefer NOT Sitting Bull :)

Pericles is nice, I think. Being Creative right form the start, and with odeon as UB. The 3CC makes a lot of national wonders not available (eg GT, Oxford), so we need all the help from Creative and Odeon. In terms of UB, the Chinese Pavillon is the best, but its leaders' traits are not suited for cultural.

I vote for Pericles.

Fair enough. I will lurk and learn. GL guys. I would say Pericles would be the way to go.

As for the civ to play, I think it would be fun to use one of the new civs/leaders from BtS, although I don't believe any of them are particularly suited for a Cultural Victory.
lurker's comment: Have you considered Lincoln? He's Charismatic and Philosophical. Philosophical would be useful for obvious reasons. Early access to the Charismatic happy faces could be useful in this game. Especially since you are going to be researching Mysticism and building Monuments anyway.

Alright, 3 votes for Pericles and I take blid's post as a vote too so we have a majority. Will roll the start tonight or tomorrow.

I'm away until Sunday so if I come up skip me or just switch me with Blid

Here's the start:

Will get the first 40 turns in before the weekend. After that, 30 turns each until it comes back to me for 15 turns for the rest of the game.

I would probably move the settler 1sw to check things out.
With the scout move next turn that would give a good picture of things.
If there is another food, I'd settle on the start. If not, I'd think seriously about the plains hill.

Sorry for not answering. I've been using the wrong (say no) notification option and thus completely forgot about you again :lol: I fixed it.
I'm not quite sure about the plains hill (one should calculate about that), but I'd support some scouting first. On epic two rounds scouting will not be our ruin. It's other decisions.

Top Bottom