HOF IV Update Discussion

Dianthus

Small but hardy
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 94 games were accepted since the previous update. Congratulations to jwm124 for the highest score of the update with a Small Chieftain Domination game for 136814 points. Sun Tzu Wu was the most active player during this update, submitting 10 games.

Three Gauntlets have finished:
  • G-Minor 27, a Standard Monarch Space Race, was closely contested, the top 3 all finishing in 1770AD. shyuhe won with a score of 88280, Andrei_V was 2nd with 65248 and Jimmy Thunder 3rd with 41984.
  • G-Major 15, a Standard Emperor Domination, was won by killercane in 1635AD. 2nd place was taken by The-Hawk in 1810AD and 3rd by Andrei_V in 1950AD.
  • BTS-Beta 3, a Small Noble Cultural game, was won by Peluin 1380AD with a Marathon game. Dracandross came 2nd in 1430AD with another Marathon game and Bozso77 came 3rd in 1520AD with a Quick game.

2 new Gauntlets have now started, G-Major 16 and BTS-Beta 4.

We also had 58 beta BTS submissions during this period, with Hindi as the most active player submitting 7 BTS games, including the highest BTS score of the update with a Duel Warlord Space Race game for 68362 points.

>> Civ IV HOF
>> Full Update Details
>> Discussion Thread

A number of players gained number one positions:
Ironhead with a 2530BC Duel Deity Domination game for 118097 points.
WastinTime with a 1390AD Standard Deity Space Race game for 89218 points.
WastinTime with a 1595AD Tiny Deity Space Race game for 58509 points.
WastinTime with a 1450AD Huge Deity Space Race game for 70131 points.

CliftonBazaar with a 1864AD Huge Emperor Diplomatic game for 6270 points.
killercane with a 1635AD Standard Emperor Domination game for 108865 points.
Mad Professor with a 2050AD Tiny Emperor Time game for 14912 points.

Debanad with a 1666AD Duel Monarch Space Race game for 37119 points.
Dracandross with a 1435AD Large Monarch Diplomatic game for 19923 points.
erikthecelt with a 2050AD Standard Monarch Time game for 12048 points.
jwm124 with a 1860AD Huge Monarch Cultural game for 12160 points.
Miraculix with a 2050AD Huge Monarch Time game for 11267 points.
shyuhe with a 1770AD Standard Monarch Space Race game for 88280 points.

CliftonBazaar with a 1944AD Huge Noble Diplomatic game for 13330 points.
The-Hawk with a 1574AD Huge Noble Conquest game for 28210 points.

Debanad with a 1591AD Duel Warlord Space Race game for 28286 points.
gflat with a 1804AD Huge Warlord Cultural game for 11944 points.

BLubmuz with a 2050AD Small Chieftain Time game for 8398 points.
BLubmuz with a 2050AD Standard Chieftain Time game for 9206 points.
Dracandross with a 1365AD Huge Chieftain Cultural game for 15345 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Dracandross with a 1720AD Small Prince Cultural game for 20911 points.
uthertepes with a 1715AD Standard Prince Cultural game for 31334 points.

azzaman333 with a 1690AD Small Noble Cultural game for 41783 points.
Bozso77 with a 1520AD Small Noble Cultural game for 33720 points.
Dracandross with a 1430AD Small Noble Cultural game for 35753 points.
IglooDude with a 1830AD Large Noble Cultural game for 25982 points.
mrfurious with a 640AD Duel Noble Diplomatic game for 24268 points.
Peluin with a 1380AD Small Noble Cultural game for 49560 points.

Hindi with a 2050AD Small Warlord Time game for 16879 points.
Hindi with a 2050AD Standard Warlord Time game for 22812 points.
Hindi with a 2050AD Duel Warlord Time game for 15788 points.
Hindi with a 2050AD Tiny Warlord Time game for 16531 points.
Zlotnik with a 1792AD Small Warlord Cultural game for 10102 points.

Hindi with a 2050AD Huge Chieftain Time game for 24628 points.

Thanks, but did you notice that the Huge 1450 AD Diety Space game I played was with....

KHAN !!!!!!

Khan.

My mind boggles.

Uh huh. so the basic strategy might have been "let the AI build the nice science giant cities, then go take them over". Except that would be too slow and you wouldn't launch by 1450AD.

Yep. That's impressive too. I'm particularly impressed that your Diety space race launch dates are better than the one I submitted this month at Settler...:mischief:

grats to all on the lists. and also to the ones not on there but are making progress to whatever goal you have for yourself :).

my post is too long as usual, bottomline: is there an easy way on the gauntlet results pages to show which game version the player used?

i may be remembering things wrong. or i could be remembering correctly but it would be hard to bring back, in which case don't bother. but i think that the old version of the gauntlet results page used to say which HoF mod was used when i hovered over the leader's face. and that of course let me know if the player was using vanilla or warlords, in gauntlets where both are an option.

the new options column is really spiffy, i definitely like seeing what map / game speed / starting era / etc somebody picked without having to go to the individual game links. interesting to see the ways some choices were very much the same, and sometimes they varied all over the place, yet all were successful. G-Minor 9, out of 11 submissions, 5 were Liz. with the new info i can see that the Liz players chose four different map types between them, i'd not have guessed that. in fact i used to have to use two whole links to find the map type used, and often didn't bother because i was that lazy, shame on me. so if i have to choose between seeing those goodies or seeing the game version, i definitely vote keep it exactly as it is now.

but if there is an easy way to also include which game flavor it was, i'd love to see that on the results summary page.

in some cases, even i can actually figure it out myself without any work. g-major 12 has a Hannibal of Carthage entry, i'm fairly sure that game was played in warlords *giggle*. but on the gauntlets with HC taking all 10 top spots even tho you could pick any leader, i'm curious about whether any of those were played in vanilla ;).

thanks for the spiffy additions you did already!

bottomline: is there an easy way on the gauntlet results pages to show which game version the player used?
Nope, not at the moment.

i may be remembering things wrong. ... but i think that the old version of the gauntlet results page used to say which HoF mod was used when i hovered over the leader's face.
Bit of a memory problem there I'm afraid :D.

the new options column is really spiffy, i definitely like seeing what map / game speed / starting era / etc somebody picked without having to go to the individual game links.
but if there is an easy way to also include which game flavor it was, i'd love to see that on the results summary page.
thanks for the spiffy additions you did already!
Thanks! That was an idea that Methos came up with that I finished off for him. The game version is something that would be pretty easy to add.

Top Bottom