Some Roman Units

Bakuel

King
I just wanted to announce that I just uploaded some Roman Industrial era units and the Roman Cuirassier.

Roman Industrial Unit Pack
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7308

Roman Cuirassier
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7309

Please tell me if there is anything wrong with the units or whatever.
Screenshots are in the link.

Spoiler :
These units where requested by Niknaks93 a long time ago. They are already inside of avain’s Varietas Delectat mod, but I just thought that they should be uploaded into the database so more people can download them if they want them.

Roman Ancient Age,
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7235

Roman Middle Age,
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7236

Roman Musketman,
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7237

Of course, screenshots are inside of the link.

I always have a place for these. Thanks for adding them as pieces apart from the mod. It makes it easier to pick things out and use them however you wish (such as adding it to a personal mod).

this is awesome, just as always! i think you should try doing some Roman riflemen, cavalry (as in industrial), infantry (as in industrial), marines, and tankx next.

this is awesome, just as always! i think you should try doing some Roman riflemen, cavalry (as in industrial), infantry (as in industrial), marines, and tankx next.
Well actually, I wish folks would put-out Cuirassiers and Cavalry for the same nation(s) at the same time.

Some nations seem to have 10 varients of cavalry, but no cuirassiers, and other nations seem to have 10 varients of cuirassiers but no cavalry.

I've noticed a lot of duplicate efforts on cuirassiers and cavalry, but many major nations are totally lacking any varients of one or the other.

Another thing, there should be some sort of "standard" to what is a "cuirassier" and what is "cavalry". IMHO, "Cavalry" should be rifle-age units (namely 1860s and beyond), yet I've noticed a ton of people put-out cavalry that are clearly musket-units.

Having said that, there's a lot of great untis out there, and I appreciate all the efforts eveyone is putting forward on new units!
:goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :D

@cybrxkhan I'll make some roman rifleman era stuff (no roman marines or tanks:p ) if I get the time, I actually have a Roman Cuirassier in the works that I haven't got around to finishing.

@Wolfshanze I have actually always been confused about cavalry-cuirassier thing myself, I mean should cuirassier be early horseman armed with pistols and sabers? (Like the cavalry used by the Roundheads and Royals during the English Civil War) Or should it be 1800s cavalry? :crazyeye: I'm actually confused by this as well.

no roman marines or tanks

roman infantry? please? :p

how about Machine Gunners? Paratroopers? Anti-Tank Infantry? Mech Infantry?

:p

and i think cuirassier = c.1500 - c.1800 and cavalry =~= c.1750-c.1925

I think basically, a cuirassier should be mounted musketman, while a cavalry should be mounted rifleman.

I don't really see what would be unique about a Roman tank, but if you're going to do an infantry here's an excellent picture that was made into a Civ3 unit:

^just curious, whered you get that? i saw it before...

That roman infantry looks pretty nice, I could try my hand at it if I get the time. Maybe a machinegunner to go with it as well, but no marines or sam infantry.
I refuse to do a complete Roman set. So there. :p

you'll get talked into doing a whole range of them...

Roman Air force, Roman Navy, Roman Armored division... the whole army;)

er....... what about Italian stuff? would look a lot better than that silly marine with a legionary helmet.
I generally convert Roman units into Italian units during the industrial age myself!

Now I am supposed to do Italian stuff as well? When will it all end? :cry:

Ok, seriously, I could probably make some Italian rifleman or WW infantry if a lot of people want it if I had some good pictures of Italian rifleman or infantry.

Mind you, I'm still going to try my hand at some "what if" roman riflemen and infantry though. I already started making them anyway.

@thomas.berubeg
:lol: :hammer2:

What ifs are always fun, and italian units wouldn't be the same: the italian army is not a direct evolution of the Roman Army. italy is a completely different political entity than rome was, with a differnt army, unconnected to that of the roman empire.

@bakuel
you know it's true: you'll just be sooooo tempted :p

the italian army is not a direct evolution of the Roman Army. italy is a completely different political entity than rome was, with a differnt army, unconnected to that of the roman empire.
Try telling that to Benito Mussolini!

Roman legion hats on marines is AWESOME!!! much better than those normal italian infantry that look like the other "descendant-of-germanic-barbarian-soldier's-uniforms"!

Top Bottom