FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Kael

Deity
You guys know the drill. Post any errors you find with FfH 0.25.

Patch "a":
1. Fixed an issue with Game Option ordering (causes the wrong option to be selected).
2. Updated Hell Terrain graphics from seZereth.
3. Water Walking and Flying can no longer be granted through mutation.
4. Fixed the Healing Plant, Looters, Horticulture, Fugative and City Ruins events.
5. Fixed an Arena crash issue.
6. Fixed and error in the Become Patriarch spell.
7. Fixed the error with the missing city screen on Vista.
8. Firebow units can learn fireball now.

Patch "b": (will break save games)
1. Fixed broken graphics on the Pit Beast, Manticore, Sand Lion, Lifespark and Earth Elemental.
2. Really fixed the Arena CtD.
3. Fixed the Stable event error.
4. Fixed the error on religious conversion.
5. Fixed the Lifespark spell.
6. Acolytes and Crusaders are now spawned on Order spread.
7. Added a Debug option to disable Hidden Nationality (for OOS testing).
8. Enslavement chance won't carry over between players/games.
9. Trait application rewritten (causing all sorts of issues, traits carrying over between players/game, etc).
10. Fixed the display of commerce modifiers on buildings.

Patch "c":
1. Fixes the CannotTrain error.

Patch "d":
1. Increased the chance to create werewolves from combat.
2. Fixed the broken graphics on the Large Animal Stable.
3. Fixed the "Waiting on Player" spinlock when switching players.
4. Fixed the startWar error in CallHolyWar.
5. Cut the War Chariots event.
6. Fixed an issue where promotions werent passed by combat (Disease, etc).
7. Removed the Noble Knights quest.
8. City icons are now displayed correctly.

Patch "e": (will break save games)
1. Doviello can build Forges.
2. Removed the Elite Swords event.
3. The Lanun can now gather pearls (fixed permanently this time).
4. Cost is displayed on spell tooltips.
5. City icons are fixed.
6. Fixed the foreign advisor (WIDGET_LEADERHEAD) taking you to pedia spells.
7. Added a new debug game option to disable damage types.

Patch "f":
1. Removed Extension II from Barbatos.
2. Decreased the chance Ancient Forests will spawn.
3. The AI now prefers buildings that enable new units.
4. Fixed a problem with the Feed spell.
5. Golden Ages are now displayed in the date line.
6. Life mana from the Tomb of Sucellus can now be accessed.
7. You can no longer summon infinite Treants.
8. Increased the Woodsman I bonus from +20% in forests to +30%.
9. Fixed an issue that could cause unique features to spawn on top of each other.
10. Fixed the Financial trait (so it will be applied correctly when given through the adaptive or insane traits).
11. Reduced the mutation chance from chaos mana from 3% per to 2%.
12. Adapative trait is now applied reguarly (based on game speed) instead of randomly.
13. Changed the doDamage function to work with variable max hit points.
14. Fixed the FFHAddPopup error when switching religions.
15. The Dragon's Horde no longer provides Mithril, instead it passes out the Enchanted Blade promotion.

Patch "g": (will break save games)
1. Fixed an error with Graft Flesh.
2. Fixed Hotseat play.
3. Governors Manor's now provide +1 hammer per unhappy population.
4. Fixed an error with the Inquisition spell.
5. Added a unitclass prereq for spells (all inquisitors can now cast inquisition).
6. Non-obsolete units won't be upgraded in the production queue.
7. Fixed an issue that could cause a unit to start mutated even when mutation chance was 0%.
8. Units won't re-mutate on upgrade or conversion.
9. Pool of Tears now removes poisoned correctly.
10. Fixed the FFHAddPopup error on the civics screen.
11. Rewrote trait code to resolve Adaptive and Insane OOS's (needs tested).
12. Reduced inflation across all difficulty levels.

Patch "h": (will break save games)
1. Units wont gain the mutated promotion after upgrades and conversions.
2. Disciples will be gifted on religion founding.
3. Favorite Wonder is now displayed in the pedia.
4. Permanent traits (the leaders favorite civic for adaptive leaders) wont be lost when selecting a new trait.
5. Fixed the Governors Manor production issue (caused Calabim cities to get to much production).
6. Fixed the Tuple error when Armageddon events trigger.
7. Only true spellcasters will recieve free spellcaster xp.
8. Added a debug option to block FfH Combat functions (for OOS testing).
9. Fixed an issue that would cause Entropy mana to reduce your own units heal rate.
10. Redirected unit info calls to a static definition (for performance).
11. Barbatmos will no longer spawn if the No Barbarians option is specified.

Patch "i":
1. The plot counter will we reset each game (previously the plot counter could roll over between games making plots turn instantly to hell plots).
2. PlotLSystem fixes from Ploep.
3. German Translation from Kontroller and team.
4. Fixed the Goblin Chariot.
5. Fixed minimum level prerq's on upgrades.
6. Fixed an issue that was keeping lairs from spawning monsters.
7. Lifespark can now cast Heal.

Patch "j":
1. Fixed the Mokkas Cauldron / Soul Forge issue.
2. Fixed a crash when weapon promotions arent set (for warhammer).
3. Fixed an issue where players can sometimes start allied with barbs.
4. Commerce values are now displayed on buildings (thanks Bhruic!).
5. Unyielding Order now expires if a caster isnt in its city.
6. The Feast ability now requires a city of population 3 or greater.

Patch "k": (will break save games)
1. Fixed the Feast spell.
2. Fixed the DisableUpgrade function (so you can no longer upgrade warriors to wood golems and such).
3. Fixed the setWeapons issue.
4. Added a miscast mechanic to spells.
5. Subdue Animals wont capture giants anymore (CaptureUnitCombat attribute added, removed the bCaputeAnimal and iCaptureNavalUnitPercent attributes).
6. Units won't betray and turn barbarian is the game option NO_BARBARIANS is set (for OOS testing).
7. Disable FfH Combat debug option now disables all FfH combat modifications (to OOS testing).

Patch "l": (will break save games)
1. Fixed the Double Fortify error (was causing OOS errors from combat in multiplayer).
2. Hidden Nationality units can't capture cities or units.

Fixes coming in "Shadow":
1. The AI now correctly values buildings that allow units to be produced.
2. You can now create spider pens with spiders.
3. The Dragons Horde unit is correctly spawned if the city with it is razed (this fix was obsoleted by the equipment system).
4. Manes and Infernals are correctly produced when cities are razed.
5. Lifesparks can now cast Heal.
6. Mud Golems now defend themselves if attacked.
7. Units can only trade Orthus's Axe once per turn.
8. Removing features won't remove Yggdrasil or the Tomb of Sucellus.
9. The AI now remembers event attitudes correctly.
10. Only the Balseraphs can Cage slaves.
11. Hall of Mirrors doesnt cause getVisibleEnemyDefender errors anymore.
12. Betraying units dont clear stacks/cities if they jump to the wrong tile.
13. Fixed a python error with the Earthquake spell.
14. Fixed an error with no upkeep civics and the adaptive trait.
15. Fatique isn't marked as requiring the unit to be fully healed.
16. Cure Disease now works correctly.
17. Fixed an error that caused Governors Manors to not retain their production bonus through save games (could also cause OOS's).
18. Units killed with Prophecy Marks now decrease the AC correctly.
19. Pirates are no longer treated as hidden nationality even after revealing their nationality.
20. Fixed a Waiting on Civilization spinlock issue caused by hidden nationality units grouping with non-HN units.
21. Players are no longer presented the option to switch to civics they can't adopt.
22. Diseased and Plagued promotions will now be passed correctly in combat.
23. Killing Hyborem or Basium correctly causes the player to lose all his traits.
24. Removed the move requirement on missons (note to self: may cause ctd's, spinlocks and cranberring of the testicles).
25. Added a block to keep the AI from disbanding heroes (or any unit that doesn't require military support).
26. Immobile value and miscast chance on spells are being set correctly (formorly it was overwritten by the miscast chance and the miscast chance was never set).
27. Religion specific improvement art is now displayed.
28. Fixed an exception error in Vassal diplomacy.
29. Fixed an error with Vassal's taking former player slots (from Bhruic's unofficial patch).
30. Colonies have met all players the origional empire has (from Bhruic's unofficial patch).
31. Colonies can't trade techs their origional empire couldn't if no tech brokering is on (from Bhruic's unofficial patch).
32. Colonies get the origional empires world map (from Bhruic's unofficial patch).
33. AI Players won't hate you for declaring war on their friend if they are also at war with them (from Bhruic's unofficial patch).
34. Vassals can't be a players worst enemy (from Bhruic's unofficial patch).
35. Fixed a warscript issue that could cause vassals to declare war apart from (or on) their masters.

Unresolved Issues:
1. Some people report a "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. In some cases reinstalls have resolved it, in others it seems to be caused when Civ4 isn't installed in the typical location (under Program Files/Firaxis Games/).
2. Sometimes free promotions can be lost if a promotion is granted through another means.
3. Poisoned promotion isn't being passed in combat.
4. Is there some way to keep automated workers from building over mana nodes?

Permanent Changes (things that won't be "fixed")
1. You don't get line of sight into cities with you religion if you control the holy city.
2. Units can attack and cast in the same turn.

To do:
1. Trophies
2. Horsemen spawn mana when they die
3. Dirge spawn
4. Magnadine captures barbarians

Reporting Issues:

[tab]I have four requests before you report issues:

1. I dont expect anyone to read the whole thread. But please read this post and see if your issue is addressed in apatches you don't have applied, or in a patch that hasn't been released yet.

2. Please don't report cosmetic issues here, use the cosmetic issues thread for that.

3. Please don't "chat" in this thread. I hate it when real bug reports get lost in other posts, so please try to keep this thread as on task as possible (just for bug reports) and I will try to make sure everything mentioned here gets resolved.

4. If you are noticing an issue please make sure you have python popups enabled so we can see what the real error is. To enable python popups in your CivilizationIV.ini change:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

To:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

Then I take the woodelf position with no city interface issue.

I'm going to second what woodelf said. Game is currently borderline unplayable without being able to examine a city in any meaningful way.

If you are having a issue in the city screen please provide the following information:

1. Make sure the steps in the first post have been followed (especially providing any python error that may be appearing).

2. What OS are you running?

3. Where do you have FfH2 installed?

4. What form of BtS do you have (Direct2Drive, Steam, Store copy)?

5. Post a copy of your CivilizationIV.ini file.

6. Extra special bonus points: zip up your entire "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4" directory and everything under it and post it. I'll download and rip through everything you have to try to recreate.

The secret is to find the pattern between the people that have the issue and those that dont.

1. error posted below
2. Vista
3. ???? Normal location??
4. Store

Attachments

• error0000.JPG
    error0000.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 781
This is strange, but the problem went away.

Information that might help in tracking it down:
1. Windows Vista
2. FFH2 is installed in the default location
3. Store copy of BTS.

I was seeing the problem until I modified the CivilizationIV.ini file to show python errors. Now switching it back to not showing makes no difference.

Attachments

• CivilizationIV.ini.txt
    6 KB · Views: 188
Woodelf, can I take control of your computer and check it out directly? If so PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call.

This is strange, but the problem went away.

Information that might help in tracking it down:
1. Windows Vista
2. FFH2 is installed in the default location
3. Store copy of BTS.

I was seeing the problem until I modified the CivilizationIV.ini file to show python errors. Now switching it back to not showing makes no difference.

Interesting, lets get some posted CivilizationIV.ini files from those with the issue.

bad event:
event allows me to choose the best possible outcome, in addition to choosing options with odds for those outcomes.

My city screen works fine.

Attachments

• bad event0000.JPG
    bad event0000.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 715
Got a crash when trying to use the Arena building. Guess that's just not yet fully implemented?

I got a mutated worker with waterwalking and that guy happily autorouted his way across the ocean. Guess that's more cosmetic but a check that disables mutation for workers would be good I suppose (or better even special worker-mutations that affect the workrate, make em skip turns sitting around doing nothing, improving land chaotically etc.)

I remote controled Woodelf's computer with the city error to take a look around but we werent able to figure it out. Oddly we didn't have permission to modify any of the FfH files on Woodelfs computer (even though we both verified he is definitly configured as an admin account on the PC).

We will definitly need more help to try to isolate this so please answer the following if you are having this problem:

1. Make sure the steps in the first post have been followed (especially providing any python error that may be appearing).

2. What OS are you running?

3. Where do you have FfH2 installed?

4. What form of BtS do you have (Direct2Drive, Steam, Store copy)?

5. Post a copy of your CivilizationIV.ini file.

6. Do you have Warlords installed?

Im really curious to see if anyone is having this problem in Windows XP.

Another oddity on Woodelf's computer is he has some TXT_KEY entries in the opening menus. Not even for FfH specific stuff, just normal menu options. Is anyone else seeing that?

@Ploep- oops, mutations aren't supposed to hand out water walking or flying. I will change that in a patch.

Posted my current CivilizationIV.ini file in the post above. One possibly relevant thing that I just remembered is that I installed under a different account than I am playing under.

Also Disciple of Leaves do not appear to have a combat animation.

Founding order does not create an acolyte.

Spreading order when it is your state religion does not create an acolyte.

Adaptive trait doesn't come very regularly (my first change was at turn 168)

Barbarians don't seem to enter your civ, they just skirt the border.

1. Error posted Below

2. Vista

3. the usual location

4. Store copy of BTS

5. i searched for CivilizationIV.ini and my comp cant find it ??? is it the CivIVConfig? ill upload it anyway

6. did not buy Warlords, only BTS

Attachments

• City Error.jpg
    City Error.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 338
  • CivilizationIV.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 203
Attached is a save that waits forever at the end of the turn. Only things that I can see that happened was that runes was founded at the beginning of the turn and that I pillaged a few tiles. Didn't see any python exceptions.

Attachments

• Ken AD-0133.CivBeyondSwordSave
    146.4 KB · Views: 185
Attached is a save that waits forever at the end of the turn. Only things that I can see that happened was that runes was founded at the beginning of the turn and that I pillaged a few tiles. Didn't see any python exceptions.

Im unable to reproduce it, it doesn't spinlock for me.

Great game so far, definately the best version yet

Playing as Sabathiel of the Bannor, I had a CtD when I captured Auric Ulvin's last city with a griffin summoned by Sphenor.

Multiplayer OOS
Putting AIs in the game caused it to OOS on turn 1
With No Lairs and No Barbarians and no AIs we didn't get an OOS, though strangely Lairs remain even with No Lairs checked, but they didn't spawn any barbs (tho that could be because of No Barbarians).

Best Defense event has a few problems. I realize these are probably place holders atm mostly to spread the event rigger around, but just wanted to note it.

failure techs (ie economics) do not exist, nor the bonus trigger of the great wall.

requirement of this quest is to build castles, though it triggers on engineering

bad event:
event allows me to choose the best possible outcome, in addition to choosing options with odds for those outcomes.

My city screen works fine.

I can confirm I was given the same event and choices.

Not sure if this is a bug. Was playing as Grigori. My first Adaptive choice occurred around turn 50. The next one was at turn 75. Has the "clock" been changed since it used to be every 100 turns starting at 5 if I recall correctly. Wouldn't know what happened at turn 100 since the Calabim declared war and destroyed me within 10 turns. That NEVER happened before. AI is noticeably improved. Love it.

Top Bottom