• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Cannot see culture from buildings

oedali

King
I just installed the patch and started a new game. I noticed that the culture bonus from buildings is not displayed anymore when I hover the cursor over the building's name on the city screen. Is this a bug? (it still does show in the civilopedia though) Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Attaching a couple of screenshots.

I just noticed the same thing and came here to raise the issue.

The culture is there, after the +2.... it just doesn't fit in the window. All it needs is realigning of the font/type so its all visible. It was exactly the same before the patch, if you say had the AP and Sistine Chapel, and built an AP religion monastery. The name and details were too long for that small side window, and it didn't display the culture, which is why it took me ages to work out the Sistine Chapel changes........

How do you realigne the font/type to see it? It's a bit annoying to play this problem with the culture info.

How do you realigne the font/type to see it? It's a bit annoying to play this problem with the culture info.

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a simple fix for anyone to do, I meant that it was the cause of the problem. I've no idea where the "city screen" part of the program is myself unfortunately, might try and have a dig around later.

Version: 3.13.

This bug appears also when you hover over the building in the popup list of what to build next (tooltip).

Tried a screenshot, but it didn't appear in the shot. *grumble*.

The culture is there, after the +2.... it just doesn't fit in the window. All it needs is realigning of the font/type so its all visible. It was exactly the same before the patch, if you say had the AP and Sistine Chapel, and built an AP religion monastery. The name and details were too long for that small side window, and it didn't display the culture, which is why it took me ages to work out the Sistine Chapel changes........

That's simply wrong. It doesn't show up for *any* building, no matter how much text is in the window. Just look at the monument.

Also, this is the kind of bug where I'm really wondering who tested this patch (for weeks and weeks).

That's simply wrong. It doesn't show up for *any* building, no matter how much text is in the window. Just look at the monument.

Also, this is the kind of bug where I'm really wondering who tested this patch (for weeks and weeks).

I second this. How can anyone NOT notice the culture missing on ALL of the building's tooltip? :nono:

I patched the game last night, but didn't get a chance to play yet. Does it show up at higher resolutions? Is there a new option for it in the display options?

It just seems incomprehensible to me that something like this could have made it through testing. I'll have to check it out myself when I get back from work.

I patched the game last night, but didn't get a chance to play yet. Does it show up at higher resolutions? Is there a new option for it in the display options?

It just seems incomprehensible to me that something like this could have made it through testing. I'll have to check it out myself when I get back from work.
I'm playing at 1680x1050. There is nothing obvious in the display options.

I saw on another thread that some people seeing this problem have mods installed. Is that the case here?

Fair enough. I was tired when posting ;)

The culture is still being produced properly though, and it is just a display error, if an annoying one.

No problem, I just wanted to prevent people from looking for a solution in the wrong places.

I don't have any mods installed either. It is a display bug only but it is annoying nevertheless. It only affects the popup boxes when you hover the cursor over a building name. I also find it hard to believe that this slipped through testing.

Interestingly, it doesn't affect the tooltips for the built stuff (on the left side of the city screen).

Also, in case you didn't notice yet, the espionage points aren't showing either.

Having the same problem. No mods, and in the build selection screen, no buildings show culture produced, but all other info present.

Exceedingly annoying, but not game breaking. Between the combat graphics glitches of 3.03 and this in 3.13, I really have to wonder how much they're testing these patches. Patches that create more problems than they fix kinda defy the point of patching.

CivAgamemnon - Not seeing any links in your sig.

Top Bottom