[BtS SDK] JImprovementCultureBorders

Jeckel

Great Reverend
JImprovementCultureBorders Mod
by Jeckel
Beyond the Sword v3.02

New Improvement Features:

Improvements now have new XML tags that allow the spreading of Culture Borders.
The Range that the Improvement spreads Culture Borders can also be set in the XML.
Improvements can also be configured to add Culture Points to their Tile and/or Tiles in Range.
An additional XML tag allows the setting of a mininum number of Tiles between each of that type
of Improvement.
New Global Define options allow Enable/Disabling of each of these features.

New XML tags:

All changes marked with:
<!-- JImprovementCultureBorders Mod Start -->
<!-- JImprovementCultureBorders Mod End -->

CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml
-iCultureBorderRange
-iSameTileCultureChange
-iAdjacentTileCultureChange
-iMinBuildDistance

Python Changes:

All changes marked with:
# < JImprovementCultureBorders Mod Start >
# < JImprovementCultureBorders Mod End >

No Python files have been modded, but there are several new methods exposed to python.

New SDK functions: (exposed to python)

All changes marked with:
// < JImprovementCultureBorders Mod Start >
// < JImprovementCultureBorders Mod End >

CyImprovementInfo
-int getCultureBorderRange()
-int getSameTileCultureChange()
-int getAdjacentTileCultureChange()
-int getMinBuildDistance()

CyPlot
-int /* PlayerTypes */ getImprovementOwner()
-void setImprovementOwner(int /*PlayerTypes*/ ePlayer)
-int getCultureBorderRange()
-void setCultureBorderRange(int iNewValue)
-void changeCultureBorderRange(int iChange)
-int getCultureBorderCount()
-void setCultureBorderCount(int iNewValue)
-void changeCultureBorderCount(int iChange)
-bool isCultureBorder()
-int getSameTileCultureChange()
-void setSameTileCultureChange(int iNewValue)
-void changeSameTileCultureChange(int iChange)
-int getAdjacentTileCultureChange()
-void setAdjacentTileCultureChange(int iNewValue)
-void changeAdjacentTileCultureChange(int iChange)

Download JImprovementCultureBorders Mod v0.110b3.02

Hi i think this is great but is there someone who could combine this with fall from heaven 2 version .25 because i don't have a clue how to mod:blush: i would really appreciate it thanks.:goodjob:

Hi Jeckel.

Could you update this incredible mod component to BtS v 3.13. I tried to upgrade it but the game crashes every time. The source code of cvPlot.cpp in v3.13 has been changed. It is possible that your method is obsolete?

I dont know, i'm amateur coder.

EDIT: 14. nov i got it work under Bts version 3.13. Culture expansion to adjectant tile gives some error but the range is working. I needed the improvement building range.

would it be possible to combine this with the DCMRangedBombard mod? I don't understand why ranged bombardment was left out of civ IV i loved that in civ III

Dear all,

i m adressing to this thread in order to get some help from anybody that has the good will to do it!i dont know what to do.:( :( :(
When i m taking over an enemy city,the culture of this city drops to zero,no matter how many improvements i will built,no matter culture bombs i will drop from freat people,no matter national wonders boosting culture i will built or adjust the culture rate!
The last example,was,today,i have managed to get city of lyons from france.the approval rating of the french was 789(they havent even discover liberalism) and i was 1805,discovering radio.the mas i was playing was archipelago,and their cities were in a big island(3 cities).
i couldnt take advantage of the rightfully owned via war lands,which i was needing coal to built railroads.not a single tile in land.the coal resource was exaclty next to the city.only sea tiles i had manage to control.i had no choice but to destroy completely the french civilization,in order to get some land.
i think its completeley unrealistic;in order to get some land you must destroy an entire civilization?
and here,we are talking for 1000 points less the rival civilization was to the approval rating.far technologically behind.
i think that there was a mod which was fixing this,but it was only in warlords.can please anyone has an idea by editing xml or python to fix this?

Is this mod still available for download? I followed the link, clicked download and got "file not found."

Yea, I'm afraid it is. I don't have any of the origional files and it seems the copy in the CFCDB was killed by hacker dumbness.

These are original the files for BtS v3.02 . Unfortunately i could not find my separate integrated files for BtS v3.13.

In some case it gave errors. If i turned culture expansion on.

Attachments

• JImprovementCultureBorders_v0[1].110b3.02.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
woohoo! LittleRedPoint, you the man. Thank you very much for the link and Jeckel for creating it in the first place. I guess I'll take the wrapping off my still-wrapped copy of BtS for this. :)

Top Bottom