Marnz Motor Company

bmarnz

Prince
Nice on Marnz, thats another one to add to the collection.

One thing though, everything works except the little icon on the city bar doesn't display...

Hmm, yeah I was but it even happens (or rather doesn't happen) in game too.

Same goes for your fashion house one as well. I can see the "icon" is appearing blank because when I assign it it shift any other icons along, there just seems to be a gap where the icon should be...

How would I combine these two mods so that both Marnz Motor Company *and* Fashion House are available corporations? I realize that your full mod does this, but although I'm sure it's great, I'd rather keep the game simpler for now.

How would I combine these two mods so that both Marnz Motor Company *and* Fashion House are available corporations? I realize that your full mod does this, but although I'm sure it's great, I'd rather keep the game simpler for now.

I have combined my corps into one mod. Follow link in first post.

That's great!

... Is this 3.13 compatible, though? Sorry to be so demanding, but when I checked the civilopedia the original corporate wonders gave +4 gold per city and your new two gave 5. Could you please either look into this or at least tell me which lines I need to change to make the corporations equal?

That's great!

... Is this 3.13 compatible, though? Sorry to be so demanding, but when I checked the civilopedia the original corporate wonders gave +4 gold per city and your new two gave 5. Could you please either look into this or at least tell me which lines I need to change to make the corporations equal?

Thanks, forgot to change this. I have updated the corporation combo mod to reflect the 3.13 changes.

If anyone has just one of my corps and would like to update it, open CorporationCombo/Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4CorporationInfo.xml and find <HeadquarterCommerces>, change 5 to 4. Make this change for each corporation.

bmarnz,

I was thinking of making a motor company when I came across yours. I was thinking of having a building called "autofactory" or something that can only be built if you have the motor company and that building grants the promotion of "motorized transport" (giving a move bonus) for all foot units. You think it'll work?

bmarnz,

I was thinking of making a motor company when I came across yours. I was thinking of having a building called "autofactory" or something that can only be built if you have the motor company and that building grants the promotion of "motorized transport" (giving a move bonus) for all foot units. You think it'll work?

Neat idea. Shouldn't be too difficult. there's a vehicle factory in BtS scenario road to war. there's corp. prereq tag and free promo tag in buildinfos. For the promo just copy navigation and change name and valid unitclasses. Hardest part would be making promo button. :cool:

This is really good work, but doesn't this risk making the Corporation too powerful? As a suggestion, I would have it grant a bonus to only two areas-like Culture & Science, Production & Science or Production & Culture. Heck, how about Commerce & Culture or Commerce & Science? Anyway, just some suggestions-but great mod!

Aussie_Lurker.

This is really good work, but doesn't this risk making the Corporation too powerful? As a suggestion, I would have it grant a bonus to only two areas-like Culture & Science, Production & Science or Production & Culture. Heck, how about Commerce & Culture or Commerce & Science? Anyway, just some suggestions-but great mod!

Aussie_Lurker.

The other combinations were taken, and I wanted it to be unique. To compensate for this, the corp receives less of a bonus per resource in each category compared to other corps.

Hi while working on the fashion house for inclusion to the WoC, i ran across a error in your combo mod. The Unit_Merchant does not include Building_Corporation_8. Here is a updated unit info if you want it. Hope it helps! Keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Attachments

• CIV4UnitInfos.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 254
I'm trying to use your mod as a template for adding my own corporations. The XML is fairly easy for me to work, but this is my first foray into python. I tried visually comparing your MainInterface file with the original file to see what you changed, but I'm stumped (granted, that's not hard...). I eventually want to merge this into Dale's Combat Mod, which also has this file changed, so finding your changes are more important than just using your files. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

@hun+celt
A great free program for comparing files to find the changes is WinMerge.

Top Bottom