Idea/Development Thread: Leader Parts!

dutchking

Deity
Hey guys,
I've been thinking of a project like this for a long time now, and I've decided to let you guys into my brain. :D This project (it's not a mod) is to aim at taking parts of different leaderheads and separating them from their original leaders and making them so they could be used to make different leaders.

So you get what I'm saying, let's say, for example, you wanted to take De Gaulle's hat and put it on a new leaderhead your making for some c. 1900's French Leader. So you'd take De Gaulle's hat, and put it on Napoleon. But Napoleon's uniform doesn't exactly fit your want for a more modern looking leader. So you decide, maybe you want to take Bismarck's late 1800-ish body/uniform and replace Napoleon's 1700's out of style military uniform. This is what this project aims to let you do.

For those of you who still have no idea what I'm trying to get across, this is a small summary. OK, so you've got your execellent Firaxis made leaderhead bases. You want to take a part from one leaderhead (ex. a hat), but you can't have it because it's attached to the leaderhead you want to take it from. So then one day in the not so distant future you come back to CFC, and this great download with separated leaderparts has just been added to the downloads database!

I'm a little confused myself right now, so just an example of what I picture for this project. We (I will scrap up a team of skilled artists) will take leaderheads, and basically disect them one by one and separate their hair, bodies, face, hat, etc. Then we will post them here and you download it. Simple as that. :goodjob:

Ask here if you don't understand anything. In my opinion once this is done it'll open up a whole world of possiblities for Graphics Modders. :crazyeye:

This project won't be really starting off for a while now, because I'm working on 3 other mods (all of which are higher priority ATM), but this is the first step. If you're interested in joining up the team or helping, just PM me. :) I'd prefer it if you had a bit of experiance BTW. ;) It's quite advanced 3D graphics annoyances that I'll tell you about...

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

TO make things simple for everyone else... :)p, :D)

Basically, being able to combine different parts of leaders easily without all the previous hassle.

^Yes, and to try to make it so you can take things from "glued" together hats and such... :D

dutchking,

After seeing what bernie did with amenajad and seeing that a lot of civs and mods dont have 3d heads, I remember this project and I'm hoping to do the following mixes but since I havent done this before your more than welcome to give it a shot ;)

(some recolor and reskinning would need to be done of course)

George III (for american revolution and napoleonic scenarios)- peter the great head, washington hair, joao's clothes, charlemagne's crown

Simon Bolivar (for latin america)- tokugawa head (?) but remove topknot on hair, napoleon's suit

Jefferson Davis (for confederate mod)- fredrick's head, lincoln's suit and hair, william the Orange's beard

Hitler - there is a good one out there but maybe adding stalin's hat would differentiate it more

Fremont (california civ) - peter the great head, lincoln suit, pericles beard

Reagan (american leaders mods) - lincoln hair, fdr suit, washignton head (need to add a lot of wrinkles though!)

Thats all I got now....

I've got lots on my plate right now, so I won't be able to do all of those, perhaps bernie or CRoland could take a few of those on, I will if I ever get the time...

Ack! The emperor has no clothes!

Great for medieval leaderheads I hacked off charlemagnes robe etc and its attached as a 3ds so you can import into nikskope per http://forums.civunited.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1142

dutchking, could you add your hacked off stuff like bismarck's hat, patton's hat and suit, and stuff like that. Lets get this thread going!

Well you can just download patton or kaiser if you want those things. :p

I don't have time to upload each one atm, but I will soon, no worries. :)
Maybe later...too busy right now. :D

Top Bottom