Convert Production to Espionage

deanej

Deity
This mod allows you to convert 100% of production in a city to espionage like you can with research and culture. This mod has only been tested in BTS 3.13, though I don't see why it wouldn't work in an earlier version of BTS.

Installation
-Unzip the contents of this zip file to My Games\Beyond the Sword

Credits
-Firaxis and 2K Games for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

Usage
-Modders are free to use and redistribute these files.

Click here to download.

Espionage can be built with the Alphabet tech (like Research and spies). I probably should get some screenshots - I have two, but both involved me giving myself Alphabet in worldbuilder to test it, and one is from a test where I didn't yet have an icon made.

IMO, won't that make Alphabet even more powerful? I would distribute it to a weaker tech. Anyway, awesome job!

I'm not sure, exactly, It probably does, as it's simply an XML addition using existing code in a similar way as the other processes, though I've never actually observed it myself (note: most of my time with civ is spent making my Star Trek mod, so I'm not in a position to see if the AI uses it much either). Actually, except for culture, the AI doesn't seem to use the processes much at all.

How could I simply add this line of code to my existing file so that I don't have to download the whole mod? (And please specify the directory locations. I am a rank amateur at all this.)

Unless you are merging the mod with your own version of Civ4ProcessInfo.xml, you're really better of just installing it normally (the instructions are in the Readme.html file); the zip file is only 5 kilobytes. In addition to Civ4ProcessInfo.xml there is also the text and the button for the process. Here's what the entry in Civ4ProcessInfo.xml looks like if you really want to add it yourself:
Code:
		<ProcessInfo>
			<Type>PROCESS_ESPIONAGE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_ESPIONAGE</Description>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_ESPIONAGE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<TechPrereq>TECH_PAPER</TechPrereq>
			<ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
				<iProductionToCommerceModifier>0</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
				<iProductionToCommerceModifier>100</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
			</ProductionToCommerceModifiers>