[LH] King Leonidas I of Sparta

Great job, Looks terrific! :goodjob:

It tis' awesome! :D
This is just a tiny pet peeve on my part though, I'd like to see a bit more of his face and a smaller helmet. But otherwise, I think this is one of the best LH's on the forum. :) Good job.

Sorry, but I can't see any resemblances...

Well, I know that the helmet isn't maybe egnough open (and the beard is only a matter of time), but except that, what do you think doesn't fit ?

I think it is what we have the best that can look like Leonidas looked. If you are not happy with this one, you can still make your own. I don't want to look like someone who isn't able to take negative critiscism, but personally I think your comments is usless. You do not give any clue on how doyou think it can be better, you only said that In your opinion, it doesn't look like the leader.

Someone at Civunited (sorry, forgot his name) already told me that the helmet should have been a bit more open to match the helmets that spartians were really using. His criticsim was really contructive because he added a point. Unfortunatly, I already spended a lot of time on the helm and I still have others things on my to do list (and I do not have a lot of freetime, 3d modeling isn't my job so I can't spend a lot of time to it) so I think it will stay like this (except for the beard that I will add probably this weekend). Personally, I think it match the representation of a Civ4 Leader of Leonidas. I mean, there are a lot of others LH that doesn't look excatly like their model should have look like. If the Friaxis artists took some liberties, I do not see why I can't, even that I am not paid for this.

If you really think that Leonidas deserve a better art, and you aren't able to give some constructive comments on the artistic production of other, than you just have to create your own leader, I made some tutorials on the subject.

I for one think you've done really well with it, especially when you consider the limited tools available for the job. As a leaderhead creator with Civ III, I found that some people started to consider this as "my job" and those making criticism fell into two camps - those that made a reasonable comment that was correct and those that just criticised. It goes with the territory! However, one thing that remains the case is that we are hobbyists sharing our creations should people wish to use them - they have the choice to not use them if they don't like them.

That said, I'm pleased that you're looking to do a version with a beard when you have time, as I would have imagined that Leonidis would have had one (though as I never met him, I don't know for sure ;) ).

Hey, CRoland, sorry to bug, but any chance of seeing this soon?

Cheers,
ripple01

Yeah, I can release Aranor's reskin. I wanted to play a bit with it before to relase it, but I don't have time so I'll release it like this.

Top Bottom