Gungan Trooper

Dragon Warrior

The Shamrocks Leperchaun
Heres a new unit for the Star Wars mod! The gungan trooper from Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

The zip in cludes Attack, Death, Default, Run and Fortify(the only 1 i did myself) and the INI file

No sounds or pedia stuff

**this unit has been updated and no longer crashes the game**
***The units_32 icon is on the 2nd page***

Attachments

• gungan trooper.zip
    278.7 KB · Views: 327
Your unit is causing Civ3 to CRASH!:eek:

If you use Flicster. It should repair the Gungan Trooper automaticly. The proplem is the frame raite.

Anyway. TedG, How do you keep your AT-ST unit stay in the center of the "Unit select Circle"? I am trying to make my own unit using Flickster but the custom unit(my unit) tends to "Hang" at the southern end of the "Unit Select Circle".

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Anyway. TedG, How do you keep your AT-ST unit stay in the center of the "Unit select Circle"? I am trying to make my own unit using Flickster but the custom unit(my unit) tends to "Hang" at the southern end of the "Unit Select Circle".

Open your .flc in FLICster and export it as 8 individual .flc files. Where you exported it, there should be an .ini file. Open the .ini file, and you should see a value called "y_offset." If your unit is below the center of the tile, you want to change this value to something lower than what it was. If your unit is above the center, make it a higher value. Save your changes and open the .ini file with FLICster, and it will recompile your unit into a single .flc file. Now replace your old .flc witht the new one that you just created and test it in the game. You may have to repeat the process through trial and error until your unit is in the center of the circle.

Thanks TedG. You have saved me from a headache :D . Now back to creating my Darktrooper unit. :scan::goodjob:

so, is it fixed yet? -zulu9812

Its fixed. I have not finished yet :) Dont worry. I have to make sure everything works right.

What exactly is the problem with the frame rate?? -Dragon Warrior

This is what flicster said.

"The unit you have opened appears to have an invalid "Animation Time" setting, witch can cause Civ3 to crash(
Your unit is causing Civ3 to CRASH! -TedG
as what TedG said) Would you like FLICster to correct this now?"

When Flicster corrected the problem it worked fine in civ3(Although I am bussy creating the Darktrooper)

Yes, FLICster can correct it, but Dragon Warrior can you please post a corrected versioin so everyone who downloads it does not have to do it themselves?

Thanks.

i tested it on my computer and ya it chrashed the game but flcster didn't say anything, when i look at the animations in flcster they work fine but i don't know how to fix the problem, so could someone who knows what their doing fix it, plz.

I looked at the file info and the animation time says 0, i'm guessing thats why it crashes, it wont let me change it though. I'm also finished the destroyer droid but the same thing will be wrong with it so i won't post it untill i can fix the gungan trooper.

How exactly are you going about creating your .flc files? If you use the standard method of exporting an existing Civ3 unit to a storyboard .pcx, and editing the frames, saving, and exporting back to a Civ3 .flc, you shouldn't be having any problems with the frame rate. Are you doing it a different way? More info can help us solve the problem and get your units up and running.:)

Thanks.

You open the .ini (that FLICster created) in FLICster and it will recompile it into one .flc.

Top Bottom