New Unit German AV7

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
German tank in WWI, very few ever made, and fewer still worked :) Someone suggested the stats 8/6/1 ADM for my MK IV tank, I'd give this unit a better attack rating by 1 or 2 points, but a worse defense to represent the horrible problems this tank had. It only had a 20 centimeter ground clearance and had a tendency to tip over... If anyone else has another idea for stats post them below.
Here's the link
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/AV7.zip

and a preview

Attachments

• av7_preview.gif
    av7_preview.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 4,323
GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
I've waiting this one!!Thanks a lot!
And these stats are good. This vehicle had a lot of guns, and had a better attack strenght than the FT 17, for example. And good idea the worse defense. Nice work :goodjob: :king:
And I love the death animation!!:cool: . One question...what are your next projects??You're the best...yeah:crazyeye:

For my next projects... I'm currently making a Humvee for Kal-el, and finishing up with a futuristic fighter that I did the model for a while back and shelved to work on the UFO... Then I might be doing an Ansaldo IZM (I think that's the name) Armored car from the Italian WWI era, it's similar to ones the Russians used as well... After that I really don't know... I'd like to improve my people models so I could do some middle age Knights and stuff, so I'm practicing... I'm glad you people like this one... that attack animation took a lot of work... Six machine guns blazing, and to get it so it didn't look repetative was really hard. If I was better at doing people I was going to have a few crewmen crawl out of the wreckage :) Maybe I'll come back to it later.

:goodjob: Your making great units "like there is no tomorrow"!

Tomorrow? what's that :)

Sei grande! Hai avuto un'ottima idea a realizzare questa unità.
Complimenti per la grafica. Hai pensato a realizzare un o Zeppelin?

Great work:) .I was wondering would you be intrested in doing modern 1979-present Russian Army Units.Would love to see and use them

Ok... Is that Italian? I think I got the gist of it... Are you asking if I had though of making a Zeppelin? Although if you can't read this... anyway. Someone on the boards has made a blimp... Pesoloco, I believe... As for the modern Russian units... I haven't really thought about what to do once I finish up my current projects... so if I see something I like I'll probably try it :)

Wow great.. what a monster. :)

Personaly I'd give it a higher defence and low attack so you would have to use it like a sort of mobile bunker to protect your troops and heavy guns as they aproach the enemy possition, and then bang, you lauch a short ranged attack against the enemy entrenchments.

If you gave it a HP reduction you could represent the chance of it being knocked out by a lucky hit.
I'd say 6/10/1 with -2 hps and a 8 attack/1range bombard to suport your troops in Counter tank missions.

If you do run out of new unit Ideas I could always do with some help making a full Cold war/modern unit set. Iv'e not tackled any of them yet as there is not as much information/images on the net. Cold war military just doesn't draw as much interest as WWI/WWII.

Sure I'd be willing to work on more modern units... Can't do infantry yet (working on it slowly :) ) but you can do excellent models so that shouldn't matter... Great ideas on stats, it's always good to have more options... Just give me some ideas on what type of units and I'll start research a few...

Would you think about making maybe russian t-55,t-80,or t-90 tanks.Or russian BMP-80 armored mech inf. I will post some pictures of each one If you like.I have seen your work and I would love to see you make them .I have been into russian equipment I found hundreds of photos on the internet about the war in chehnya.It would make a GREAT MOD:) I have a ton of info if you need.

To Kinboat:

Here is an idea for you: why not make an early generic jet fighter of the Sabre type:
http://www.fabulousrocketeers.com/Photo_F86fligt.htm

This would be able to double as:

the Italian Reggiane Re 2007:
http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/reviews/axis/ity/wanta2007.htm

the Messerschmitt Projekt 1101
http://members.fortunecity.com/jpayne/me1101nf.jpg

the French Dassault MD Mystère figther-bomber
http://www.luftfahrtmuseum.com/htmi/itf/md452.htm

and some late forties Russian jets....?

Something the game needs badly!

For plumbean; If you start a new thread in the main forum and put some pictures of russian cold war units in it that would be great. Iv'e wanted to do some modern armour variants for a while but iv'e not been able to find good enough pictures. The best kind would be four directional projection drawings; like blue prints.
Kinboat; would you be willing to work on some Nato/EU style units, Theres also a big gap in the american WWII units; Iv'e only been doing generaly Russian/ euro units, Kentonio did some good american tanks, But there is still room for several others (M5 tank destroyer, Grant/Lee tank etc..) and plenty of air units (the bigest gaps in the main game are; advanced jet fighters and bombers and attack choppers).

There has also ben a request for early industrial Sea units; dreadnaughts WWI/WWII battleships etc..

Wow... Ok... Let's see. I'm just finishing up a Humvee now, then I'm doing a Lancia 1ZM Italian armored car from WWI (if I can find more pictures). After that if Plumbean could make a new thread like Smoking Mirror suggested that would be great... They don't have to be blue print drawings (although they would help greatly) as long as there are several different pictures of each from seperate angles etc. The Sabre jet is a good idea and i could probably throw it in somewhere :) I don't know about the American WW2 units, there is already a team working on the WW2 era and I don't want to overlap or step on anyone's toes... I suppose if someone on that team knows what they are working on then I could make one or two. I also haven't done any sea units (except for my first unit... the Squid) and was thinking of doing a torpedo boat from WW2... I have to write this stuff down :) I'll forget it by tomorrow if I don't :)

Kinboat and Smoking mirror I have opened a new thread in
Civ3,Creation+Customization,Unit graphics.Called Russian Federation and Cold war Units. I will start posting pics for the units.I hope you all will help It WOULD BE GREAT to have a mod with these units.:D

:love: I just love this unit - one problem with the AV7units_32: every time I try to Copy/Cut and paste it into my game's units_32 the AV7units_32 turns orange???

Top Bottom