Treepack: New York Autumn

Balthasar: I would like to request American NW...spring/summer colors...

Montana, Washington, California,Oregon...maybe even some Arizona and Nevada??

this is just the trees right? not a forest pack?

Sure. Do you have any particular place/continent/planet in mind? I like to be place-specific. Gives it a more realistic look, somehow. . .I think. . .maybe.

You did such a wonderful job that I'd love to see NY in the summertime. :)

Best,

Oz

:goodjob: Autumn foliage is one of the NY things I miss since I moved back to Kali :goodjob:

dream list:
  • Bamboo forest :please:
  • An "early" version of the fall, with some trees still green, would be interesting.
  • NW/hill version with mostly evergreen & some yellowing aspen.
  • Australian, featuring eucalyptus varieties.

:coffee:

Looking good on my terrain... hm. If they were about half the size, they might look even better for big maps.

Looking good on my terrain... hm. If they were about half the size, they might look even better for big maps.

I hadn't considered size at first but I agree with Ares.

Best,

Oz

I can do that. We lose a lot of detail that way, though. After all, the units are, what, twice as tall? I've thought of making bigger trees before. But what the hell, size doesn't matter. Oh, and thanks for the use of your excellent terrain.

I'd love to see NY in the summertime

Next easiest. I've already done the research.

dream list:
  • NW/hill version with mostly evergreen & some yellowing aspen
I would like to request American NW...spring/summer colors...Montana, Washington, California,Oregon...maybe even some Arizona and Nevada??

this is just the trees right? not a forest pack?

The very first Xfiles case was in the Northwest. The first UFO sighting of modern times was in the Northwest. Home of Frazier, D.B. Cooper and Courtney Love. Land of Microsoft, Paul Bunyon, and insomnia. Arizona & Nevada would fit better in a "southwest" collection, don't you think? And yes, this is a forest pack - or at least it has the grasslands forest and plains forest files in it. I include the separate trees file in case someone wants to try a different mix.

very cool.

Thanks. I think so too. That's why I do it.

P.S. Upgraded the download to version 1.1. I fixed the Red Spruce so that they didn't have such spindly white trunks, and added a tree stump. You can can compare the picture above to the one at the database to see the changes.

The very first Xfiles case was in the Northwest. The first UFO sighting of modern times was in the Northwest. Home of Frazier, D.B. Cooper and Courtney Love. Land of Microsoft, Paul Bunyon, and insomnia. Arizona & Nevada would fit better in a "southwest" collection, don't you think? And yes, this is a forest pack - or at least it has the grasslands forest and plains forest files in it. I include the separate trees file in case someone wants to try a different mix.

Im looking for the forests of the "gold rush" era...Cali, Oregon, Montana mostly...others are for flavor

Sure..a gfx for gfx "trade" sounds fun...

you want a wonder splash for the World Bank, and for the Washigton memorial(?) ??...I can DO that! :)...Splashes are something I take pride in :)

Looks great, I live in New York and its nice to have the Flora of my native state in Civ 3.

Nice shrubbery there hehe. . .I am curious though...which road set is that show in the caps?

Top Bottom