DMI VI - The Mearas

·Imhotep·

Legendary Builder
Hello all to the 6th game of the whacky DMI series. If you have not heard of it before you probably belong to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of world's population. But that doesn't matter. Before lurking or even signing up you may want to read through DMI I - Menu Surprise , DMI II - The tale of Snaga , DMI III - Casanova , DMI IV - The Grand Line and DMI V - Fata Morgana first in order to know what to expect.

For this SG the DM SG Etiquette applies (see spoiler).

Spoiler DM SG Etiquette :
Alpha: The quality of your report outweighs the quality of your play. We’re here to have fun, and, of course, winning is fun, but losing in style is preferable to a boring win. Remember, your report should be a new reply to alert other players.

Bravo: Reports should be detailed, with plenty of screen shots and player commentary, explanations, musings, etc; an auto-log dump will not suffice. Shots of the F9 screens and overview shots of the empire are nice too, once in a while.

Charlie: Punctuality rocks! “24/48” means post a "got it" within 24 hours of when the last save was posted, and play within 48 hours of that ‘got it.’ Waiting 47 hours to ask for a skip is lame. Punk out two times in a row, and you’ll be dropped from the roster. Skips and swaps are fine, but try to let us know sooner, rather than later.

Delta: Major game decisions (war/peace declarations, religion swaps, city placement, etc) should be arrived at via group consensus.
1. If the team disagrees with you, either argue your case better, or do it their way. Do NOT just blow them off and do it your way because it's your turn.
2. However, if there’s no consensus and you’re up, do it your way and explain why. Conversely, if someone else is up, don't whine when they do it their way.
3. Similarly, overruling techs or city builds is rude and should be done via consensus, barring an emergency.
4. In extraordinary situations, sometimes an opportunity presents itself that the group didn't foresee. If the consequences of it are great, players should stop, and refer the question to the group.

Echo: Being a better player does not give you the right to belittle anyone else or their play. Other people are going to disagree with you on major decisions; get used to the idea, and play nice. If not, take your ball and go home.

Foxtrot: Thread spam is good. Trash talking, poking fun, gentle ribbing, virtual noogies, and generally horsing around are all encouraged, but don’t be rude.

Golf: Automate sparingly.
1. Workers should almost never be automated, except perhaps late-game or building a trade network. However, if you have to, set your game options to “disallow automated worker forest chopping” and “keep previous improvements.”
2. Use of the “Emphasis” buttons is fine, but let the group know and explain your reasoning (specialization is a major game decision). If you prevent growth in a city, let the group know and remind them to take it off. Do NOT let the governor select build orders.
3. Sending units on go-to routes that last beyond your set is acceptable only if they’re heading for a rally point or if you otherwise inform your teammates. NEVER fortify Great People.

India: Sign spamming is rude. Signs can be helpful reminders, but too many signs makes them easily ignored. Once a sign is no longer valid, delete it.

The Game:

Felaróf was the father of Horses. He understood the speech of men. As the King of a tribe in the north tried to catch and tame him, Felaróf threw him from his back. As the King's head smote upon a stone lying there he died. The King's son was named Eorl and at that time only a boy. Nonetheless he was hunting for Felaróf every day. At last he spotted him in the shadows. But instead of shooting him with an arrow he stepped forward and cried aloud: "You loved your freedom, and I do not blame you for that. But now you owe me a great weregild. Therefore I shall mount you, and you shall serve me until the end of our days..." And thus Felaróf became the servant of Eorl, and the house of the mighty horses of the North was established...

(based on JRR Tolkien, Appendix to the Lord of the Rings)

Game Data:

Leader: Théoden King of Rohan (BtS leader: Darius)
Difficulty: Monarch
Map: "genuinely hand crafted by Imhotep" ™
Map size: Standard
Victory Conditions: All enabled
Special Settings: Permanent Alliances ON

Variant goal: We MUST find a strong ally and form a permanent alliance with the Civ (representing Gondor).

The Roster:

1. Imhotep
  2. Meiz
  3. Ralph "RJ" Jackson
  4. Lucky
  5. njorls
  6. winth
  7. pholkhero

Players may apply for a roster spot now, preference is given to DM members, players of PH 08 - The People of the Deer and any well known RBCiv player. Otherwise it's first come first serve.

The starting location:

Imhotep

I'm intrested so if there's room, I'd like to join.

Been following famous DMI series and they always seem to be fun games :)

I would fancy another crack with the Deviants if its Ok with you Imhotep

Ralph

I would really like to participate in my first SG. But there is a problem - I'm a Prince player, and even on this level I do not always win. However, I could give it a try - for learning purposes, and to give it a try.

Ah, you're not going to play with some unofficial patches, mods and stuff?

If so - I sign up! :lol:

(BTW: Theoden = a black guy!? A heresy! :D (I am not racist of course, but that's kind of wacky idea. Just like if Willy Wonka was to be some gruesome murderer.) I think that maybe Charlemagne would better suit it [Protective - since the great defense of Helm's Deep. Imperialistic... well... um, Aragorn is a Great General. :p])

i would like to claim spot #7 please. Slot me at the end bitte --

The roster is finalized. That was quick :) . Meiz is up as I have built the map... :)

The Roster:

Imhotep >> built the map
Meiz >> UP NOW for 20
Ralph "RJ" Jackson >> ON DECK for 20
Lucky >> DMI virgin
njorls >> DMI virgin #2
Winth >> SG virgin
pholkhero >> real life virgin ;)

Hopefully we're off to a good ride. Save is attached at post #1.

Imhotep

Ok, now that I don't have my one year old daughter in my lap trying to eat the mouse while I type, I can finally read the thread properly and type a decent sign in message.

Imhotep, your games are amazingly fun to watch, I am looking forward to be part of this one, specially playing Théoden with the Riders of Rohan (Immortals)!

@winth:

Welcome aboard. As for mods, most of the players in this SG use the BUG mod. No other mods are allowed for this one. We're playing plain BtS 3.13 without Bhruic's unofficial patch. You may want to read some of the SGs before your turns come up. Always remember we value quality and fun reports higher than quality play.

edit:

@Lucky:

I'm honoured by that comment. Actually I'm thinking about DMI VII already :lol: . The game is only loosely based on the LotR stuff, but as I'm big fan of it (I read the book at least 40 times in german and 25 times in the english original) I'm always pleased to add stuff like that to my games (I'm playing an SP game as Ar-Phârazon the Golden, the last Númenórean King, right now. Could become my first BtS Monarch win at SP...). However you'll quickly see why I chose this theme for the game...

IMPORTANT VARIANT RULE: All our cities must be named in Rohan fashion !

Imhotep

wish I had time for more sgs but I'll be lurking this and pholk's new game- have fun guys! :)

King Théoden was standing at the gates of the Golden Hall, looking proudly at the biggest achievement of the Rohirrim people. Deed for what their people would remember him for ages to come. Built on top of a hill, Edoras, capital of Rohan was finally finished.

He could see group of tall and blond haired men, training for the purpose of exploring and getting familiar with other known civilizations that inhabit these lands.

In the docks down below, woodsmen were soon crafting fishing boats as the waters near Edoras were very rich in food.

Explorers met a group of natives who were very impressed by the Rohirrim. Glad for the promises of protection in Rohan lands, natives donated gold for Théoden's cause. They also shared stories of two new religions founded in the distant lands.

There were also more civilized people living in these lands. English they called themselves and were led by a queen named Victoria.

Overview of the lands of Rohan.

@Meiz:

Nice start. :) I especially like that you tried to acknowledge the game theme in your report, made it quite flavourful. Keep it up :) !

The Roster:

Imhotep >> built the map
Meiz >> JUST PLAYED
Ralph "RJ" Jackson >> UP NOW for 20
Lucky >> ON DECK for 20
njorls >> DMI virgin
Winth >> SG virgin
pholkhero >> real life virgin ;)

Do we have a talented dotmapper aboard ? ;)

Imhotep

My suggestion for first city is east of capital, right below of cows. Gets three horses, cows and oasis. River enables some farms.

Top Bottom