Final Fantasy X Crusader

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I've finally got this guy done:

Download

I'll be posting the animations later, if anyone wants them.....

These guys represent Lord Mi'ihen's Crusaders, who were founded by Lord Mi'ihen to fight against Sin, a massive monster that would bring devastation to the world of Spira every 10 years or so. They are generated by the Lord Mi'ihen's Crusaders Great Wonder in the FF mod every 5 turns (until electricity is researched, that is)

Oh yay! It's released! One step closer to the FF mod being complete! :D

Is that a Terry Pratchett/Final Fantasy crossover mod you've got going on there? What a thought...

Not really, I just ran out of city names, and I don't like having a whole bunch of "New" cities, so I just started naming new settlements after areas of Discworld where you'd be likely to find a high concentration of Dwarves, and for more fun, I decided to name the cities in appropriate terrain areas (I.e. there is a coastal city I founded along a river that WOULD have been "New Conde Petie" but I named Ankh-Morpork)....

Glad you guys like this... I'll see about getting the animations out later, as well as making a terra cotta one that Ogedei wanted for his Terra Cotta warrior

Sweet, I like! Could probably be used in epic mods as something East or Southeast Asian, I guess. Hmmm.

Well, not long after I started this unit, I happened upon a copy of Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties expansion, and the Chinese in that game have a unit that looks almost like this guy, called a "Wo Dao"... Then again, their Sohei Yamabushi and Ashigaru Musketmen are direct rip-offs of the Civ III ones (I'm talking about they looked so close that I was suspecting they may have gotten hold of the original models).

Glad you guys like this... I'll see about getting the animations out later, as well as making a terra cotta one that Ogedei wanted for his Terra Cotta warrior
Happy to be last in line: If I thought I could get away with it I'd reregister with a different name & vote twice for a "Hero" style black armored + civ-colored helmet ornament version.

...Don't forget the civ-colored belt, too (those guys in your pic had red sashes, IIRC).

I'll do the re-makes eventually, but I've got a few other things on my itenerary at the moment, in this approximate order:

Dwarf Marine, based on Plot's Dwarves (Thank you Plot for sending me the entire Dwarf spearman animation... I'll use a version of him with different armor and a smaller round sheild to make the Dwarf Gladiator, and the base model, new clothes and such plus Cam's Chaos Halberdier animations to make the Dwarf Dragoon), Viera Assassin, Re-done version of my Steam Airship and the Red Wings (which will actually use fairly different models and animations this time), and finally get around to finishing up the Ork Gargant/Orcish Warmachine....

Yoda Power said:
Nice, he would make a fine Qin or Han swordsman I think?

That's possible. Although it's very Wuxia-ish. :) Chinese had double-edged jian swords, but greatswords were single-edged (like an o-dachi). An oversized double-edged sword like that would be something more out of martial arts fantasy with exaggerated weapons. ;)

Top Bottom