DMI VII - Celebrity Deathmatch

·Imhotep·

Legendary Builder
Hello all to the 7th game of the whacky DMI series. If you have not heard of it before you probably belong to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of world's population. But that doesn't matter. Before lurking or even signing up you may want to read through DMI I - Menu Surprise , DMI II - The tale of Snaga , DMI III - Casanova , DMI IV - The Grand Line , DMI V - Fata Morgana and DMI VI - The Mearas first in order to know what to expect.

For this SG the DM SG Etiquette applies (see spoiler).

Spoiler DM SG Etiquette :
Alpha: The quality of your report outweighs the quality of your play. We’re here to have fun, and, of course, winning is fun, but losing in style is preferable to a boring win. Remember, your report should be a new reply to alert other players.

Bravo: Reports should be detailed, with plenty of screen shots and player commentary, explanations, musings, etc; an auto-log dump will not suffice. Shots of the F9 screens and overview shots of the empire are nice too, once in a while.

Charlie: Punctuality rocks! “24/48” means post a "got it" within 24 hours of when the last save was posted, and play within 48 hours of that ‘got it.’ Waiting 47 hours to ask for a skip is lame. Punk out two times in a row, and you’ll be dropped from the roster. Skips and swaps are fine, but try to let us know sooner, rather than later.

Delta: Major game decisions (war/peace declarations, religion swaps, city placement, etc) should be arrived at via group consensus.
1. If the team disagrees with you, either argue your case better, or do it their way. Do NOT just blow them off and do it your way because it's your turn.
2. However, if there’s no consensus and you’re up, do it your way and explain why. Conversely, if someone else is up, don't whine when they do it their way.
3. Similarly, overruling techs or city builds is rude and should be done via consensus, barring an emergency.
4. In extraordinary situations, sometimes an opportunity presents itself that the group didn't foresee. If the consequences of it are great, players should stop, and refer the question to the group.

Echo: Being a better player does not give you the right to belittle anyone else or their play. Other people are going to disagree with you on major decisions; get used to the idea, and play nice. If not, take your ball and go home.

Foxtrot: Thread spam is good. Trash talking, poking fun, gentle ribbing, virtual noogies, and generally horsing around are all encouraged, but don’t be rude.

Golf: Automate sparingly.
1. Workers should almost never be automated, except perhaps late-game or building a trade network. However, if you have to, set your game options to “disallow automated worker forest chopping” and “keep previous improvements.”
2. Use of the “Emphasis” buttons is fine, but let the group know and explain your reasoning (specialization is a major game decision). If you prevent growth in a city, let the group know and remind them to take it off. Do NOT let the governor select build orders.
3. Sending units on go-to routes that last beyond your set is acceptable only if they’re heading for a rally point or if you otherwise inform your teammates. NEVER fortify Great People.

Hotel:: Sign spamming is rude. Signs can be helpful reminders, but too many signs makes them easily ignored. Once a sign is no longer valid, delete it.

The Game:

All of us have honoured three wonderful and beautiful celebrities for quite some time now. And now the time is ripe to put the beauties together for a deathmatch. The three celebrities starring this game are: Civilization IV, Civilization VI - Warlords and Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword ! We will play the same map with the same leader and the same opponents with each of the three beauties. Thus we will explore the differences between them and by playing and reporting honour our ladies greatly. Let the games begin !

Game Data:

Leader: Peter of Russia
Difficulty: Monarch
Map: Fractal
Temperature: Rocky
Sea Level: Low
Map size: Standard
Game Speed: Normal
Victory Conditions: All enabled
Special Settings: Permanent Alliances ON

We will therefore need three SG teams. Each team should consist of between 6 to 7 players, if there is great interest I'll add alternate spots too. Each team will have their own game thread, and this thread here will be used for overall discussion and comparisons.

The Roster:

Team Vanilla

1. Ozbenno (SG Captain)
2. Ralph Jackson OB04 2.0
3. Kodii OB04 2.0
4. Conroe OB04 2.0
5. Mighty Dwaarf OB04 2.0
6. stuge OB04 1.5

Team Warlords

1. ·Imhotep· (SG Captain)
2. berserks01 never lost in an SG with me
3. Compromise at least one RBer on the team
4. Lucky1972 will hopefully get lucky with this one
5. shyuhe Don't be shy, give it a try
6. GreyFox Master of :whipped:

Team BtS

1. r_rolo1 as King of Himself (SG Captain)
2. Trieste as the 2 SGs guy
3. pawelo as the CS Sling guy
4. Ad Hoc signing up ad hoc
5. Bindamel 14 DM posts are a nice recommendation
6. Refar

IMPORTANT NOTE: We play for fun, but this SG is meant to be competitive too. Therefore players are required to have at least played 2 SGs before applying for a spot. Sorry for all new players, but I want experienced SGers for this one.

Special invitations for this one go to GreyFox, Ozbenno, pholkhero and Rex Tyrannus. Guys I've played with will get a spot, same holds for DM Members or well known RBCiv players. Any player can play in more than one team at the same time - but please make sure you can handle the time commitment before doing so.

The starting position:

I'll throw out the saves once we're ready to fly !

Imhotep

@Ozbenno:

I've put you as Team Captain for Team Vanilla, if you don't mind. As for Victories I have no clear idea myself, but I don't want this to be a fastest finish challenge. Rather I want this to be a game where each team uses the differences of each version to full extent. This is the reason I chose Russia - the Vanilla uber-Cossacks make up for the lack of Unique Buildings and such stuff (and hey, I guess warfare will be most fun for those guys !). Important for Vanilla players: All known exploits (whipping bug and such, if it still remain´s in 1.74, which I don't know) are forbidden !

Imhotep

wow ~

a truly ambitious SG concept!! :goodjob:

i really hate to lurk (as opposed to play, that is), but that's what I'll have to do for now ~ now, which version to lurk, hmm . . .

Reporting for duty sir! (if exactly 2 completed SGs is ok :cool:) Like r_rolo I'd prefer BTS. original civ4 is out because my cd is mia.

pholkhero, you could lurk... all of 'em :D

Would love a spot as DMI is too good to miss.

Cheers

Ralph

Guess I can give this a go .... which team tho ....

@berserks01:

Good to have you on board again. I put you on the Warlords Team, if you don't mind (need to encourage players in this section too ;) ).

Imhotep

Is that the winning team or the losing team you put me on Immy? ;)

@Ozbenno:

I'll play wherever is the need. I guess this will be on the Warlords Team because Vanilla and BtS will be filled easier (as expected). We'll see. But I definitely will play.

@berserks:

I never lost an SG with you. Answer sufficient ? ;)

Imhotep

errrr ... what happened to HOTEL in the SG etiquette list???

I'm finding it very difficult to resist vulgar humor. That must imply some sort of secret desire to play. So sign me up wherever needed.

Top Bottom