Lorenzo de' Medici (the Magnificent )

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
File Fixed :

EDIT : IMPORTANT, You must link this LH to the animation IN the zip, not to ramsess' vanilla animation

Directly from Florence, Tuscany, Italy ... Lorenzo de' Medici the Magnificent

An other of my "recycled" LH from Final Frontier. Like all my other recycled leaders, the model wasn't made for him first, so you may notice some incoherence with the painting, I apologize but the goal of the excercise was to edit those leaders(whose already recieved model modification) without any new model modification. I think the result is fine (even if it's far from perfection) to suit Lorenzo Medicis.

So what do you thinks ?

Looks pretty good. I like how you used Mao's shirt...creative. If it were me (although I know you don't like to do this...), I would make his hair longer. The Joan D'Arc LH has some nice hair that could work for this one. Besides that, great job!!

Looks pretty good. I like how you used Mao's shirt...creative. If it were me (although I know you don't like to do this...), I would make his hair longer. The Joan D'Arc LH has some nice hair that could work for this one. Besides that, great job!!

To make his hair longer would probably give a more accurate version of him, but I won't do it because it would require a model change. When I made this leader for FinalFrontier, I made the hair and the body into one object and if I import in blender and rexport, I will loose the shader. Ploper did the export for me when we were working on Bts, but he's now busy and to be honest I'm busy and I think the result is fine like this so I won't pass other time on it unless someone notice something that really bug me that is easy to change. But you're right, I agree with you, he would be better with longer hair ;)

the leader head is GREAT, but i would actually just blur the background a bit, seems to compete some with the leader

Well.. I did this. Maybe it's the normal map effect on his hair that make this illusion.

I've noticed that when you import models and they lose the smooth modifier, sometimes it doesn't go back on properly (eg. some parts remain unsmoothed) to fix this in max I usually weld the vertices together around the unsmoothed part.

I agree with bernie, a lens blur on the background would be good ;)

With the whole recycled leaders from FF thing, I just wanted to say that I think the bald guy in the coat would make a great Krushchev of the Russians.

Thanks all !

With the whole recycled leaders from FF thing, I just wanted to say that I think the bald guy in the coat would make a great Krushchev of the Russians.

Which one, the astotech leader ? ot the Red Syndicate ?

Pretty, but if you can, make the hair longer :)
It's a very neat LH ;)

any chance you will add the florentine hat ?

any chance you will add the florentine hat ?

Maybe. I didn't create it first because I fear that it may create some clipping problem with the animation (so maybe it will have to be a bit shorter). I'm busy those time, but maybe I'll add the hat one day, this LH would be 10 times more original with the hat, I agree.

I like the leaderhead, but I don't like the background. The statue is too obscured - it looks like he's in the jungle. Perhaps a more zoomed-out background would be more appropriate?

I like the leaderhead, but I don't like the background. The statue is too obscured - it looks like he's in the jungle. Perhaps a more zoomed-out background would be more appropriate?

Background is an easy change so I won't do it. A simple DDS switch and ou have it. Arma uses this LH in his mod with a changed BG is you want.

I have a problem in using this leaderhead.
When I try to view it (like in the civilopedia), an error occurs.
I'm using BTS 3.17.
Since this thread doesn't seem to have any download link anymore, I've downloaded it from the Download Database forum.
Can you check if that version is somehow bugged?
Can you re-post an updated leaderhead?
Thanks.

by the way.... excellent work!

Top Bottom