European Diplomacy Three- True World War

Tasslehoff

Kender
European World Diplomacy III - True World War

The year is 1950. Over the past twenty years, the conflict known as World War II took place beginning when Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931, then China in 1937, and when Germany, under the Nazi party, invaded Poland in 1939. In 1940, Germany signed an alliance with the United States of America and the SSSR, and quickly captured Norway and Denmark, and began an invasion of France. Despite being outnumbered, the French, British, and Italian Allies fought Germany and its allies to a standstill, aided by several large-scale rebellions in Germany in 1943.

Japan had conquered most of South East Asia by December 1941, when a large bombing in Hawaii brought the U.S. into the war. Clashes with Soviet forces brought the SSSR, also to war with Japan. By 1945, Australia was the only Pacific Islands unconquered by Japan. Nuclear physicists had just been successful in the creation of an atomic bomb, and several of the weapons were dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Kyoto. These bombings were immediately followed by the collapse of Japan.

The success of these bombs resulted in the commissioning of several more, to end resistance in France, Britain, and Italy. As the preparations for launch were made, however, a radical group of Jewish Americans, angry at the US government's support of the anti-Jewish Nazi party, seized control of the nuclear launch station, re-targeted the bombs, and launched.

The resultant destruction of Berlin and Washington D.C. sent America into total anarchy, and greatly weakened Germany. Allied forces swept through Germany and the Eastern section of the SSSR. By 1947, peace had settled upon the major powers in the world. The European Union formed a single democracy through Europe, struggling to recover from the war. China, united by the fight on Japan, rose and formed a communist government.

The formerly British Australia and Quebec peacefully seceded to form democracies, Quebec annexing Eastern Canada, and some of New England. Nationalistic fervor in Chile led to a powerful union of southern South America, and the nation of Mexico took advantage of anarchy in the former US to seize California and Texas. The SSSR, though defeated, recovered from the loss of Moscow, and remains a world power. In the Middle East, Arab states united, re-establishing the Caliphate under a new Caliph. In South Africa, revolts against the apartheid system resulting in a huge nationalistic movement, eliminating ‘white’ control of Africa. Most recently, a man claiming to descend from the ancient kings of Ghana and Mali rebuilt the ancient Ghanaian empire, with himself as king.

The world has recovered from the huge World War II. But world powers are in conflict again. How will this situation end?

RULES

Introduction
Welcome to Diplomacy Europe (Not) III, the sequel to Diplomacy Europe and Diplomacy Europe II- A new dawn. This is a 10-player strategy game set in an alternate world, starting in 1955. History in this world is identical to our world until 10 (or so) years before the beginning of this game, at which point it becomes totally fictional.

The original game was destroyed when LosingT was captured by TEH MAFIA ALIENZ, and Diplomacy Europe II, hosted by Izipo, is now wrapping up, so it's time for my game. This will be the first game hosted on a shiny new map, ripped and brutally edited from a Diplomacy Board Game variant website er, hand-made by me :mischief: .

The rules have several minor (and a few major) changes from Izipo's rules, which have some changes from LosingT's rules, but the basic concept is the same as the original game, which was LosingT's invention.

The unit of currency is the abstract G, representing gold. Income is measured in GPT (Gold Per Turn), and spending is measure in G.
Players may discuss alliances, tactics, anything relating to the game in any way they wish. Then, they send me orders via PM before the deadline posted with each update. All moves are then resolved simultaneously and after all the calculations are done, I post a write-up, and the new turn begins.

Objective
Spoiler :
The goal of the game is to control half of the map (i.e. a domination win). The map is made of 148 land territories. Controlling 74 territories will grant you a solo victory.
You can also win an allied victory with one or two allies: The domination requirements are raised to 3/4 of the map (111 territories) with two players, or 7/8 of the map (130 territories) with three players.

Terrain types
Spoiler :
There are 4 different types of terrain.
- Territories are worth 10GPT
- Cities are worth 15GPT and can manufacture units.
- Capitals are worth 20GPT, and can manufacture units like cities. Additionally this is the seat of your government. Losing your capital will have various bad results depending on your overall situation (ranging from instant loss to minor inconvenience like losing all your gold reserve).
- Sea Lanes : There are 6 Sea Lanes around the map that grants you an economical bonus (10% income). When two BBs (see units) are on

Improvements
Spoiler :
There are 2 different types of structures that you can build in territories you control.
- Naval Bases (NB) can be built on any Coastal cities, they cost 30G. Naval bases are required to make naval units. Building Naval base takes 1 turn, after which building Naval Units is possible.
- AirBases (AB) can be built in any territories, they cost 40G and take 1 turn to build. Airbases are required to produce Paratroopers. Paratrooper drops can only be executed from an airbase. Note: AirBases do not enable Paratrooper production unless in a city territory.

Units
Spoiler :
- Infantry (I) : The king of the battlefield, infantry can be produced in any city you control (even those under attack). Infantry cost 10G, they can move and attack right out of the factory gates.
- Tank Regiment (T): After effective use in the first two World Wars, tanks have become a common weapon, with large fighting power. Also extremely mobile, it has a bonus movement point that can be used only in friendly or allied territory. Tanks cost 40G but have a fighting power equal to 3 Infantry. Additionally they give a 10% bonus to infantry fighting alongside (blitz).
- Paratroopers (P) : Also a recent development, Paratroopers are shock troops used to disrupt and confuse the enemy. They can only be built at Airbases in city territories and cost 20G. Paratroopers come from the air, which is another direction that can be used in flanking. Paratroopers ignore enemy lines of defenses and can be dropped 3 areas away from the airbase at which they are stationed. After a successful drop, Paras can move like regular infantry, and may airdrop again the turn after reaching an airbase. For the purpose of distance calculation, ocean territories count as two movement spaces. This means no paratrooping across the Atlantic.
- Battleships (BB) : Standard navy unit, they can only be built at naval bases and cost 20G. Although formidable at sea, BB cannot capture territories by themselves. They may assist a land or marine invasion by bombardment, adding their strength (equal to an infantry) to the battle.
- Transport fleet (Tr) : Standard cargo ship. Can be built at naval bases and cost 10G. They can hold 4 Infantry or 1 Tank. A loaded transport can be used to invade a coastal territory, unloading contents onto a territory. They have no fighting power and will sink with their load if faced with enemy BB, unless guarded by a friendly BB. Transports can Load and Move or Move and Unload, not both.
Naval units when built, start their turn in the seaport, they can then move to an adjacent sea territory.

Combat
Spoiler :
Combat is resolved territory by territory.
Forces are matched by Strength, bonuses are added, random factor is added.
Highest total wins. Difference between winner and loser equals winning survivors.

*Bonuses
- Defense : 25% Only works if the unit is entrenched, meaning it hasn't moved this turn.
- Flanking : 10% Each direction from which an invasion attacks a territory adds 10% to the total attacking force
- Blitz : 10% When a Tank (or group of tanks) and an Infantry army attack the same territory from the same direction the infantry are given the 10% bonus.
- Naval Bombardment : BB attacking with other forces grant their strength to the attacking force, with a strength cap set at 4, as well as adding Flanking if applicable.
- Amphibious : -10% to the attacking force. A transport full of marines will have a strength of 3.6.
- Surrounded : -20% bestowed upon units that have no means of retreat. This depends on the type (Land or Naval) of the unit, and the map. Only units may block off an otherwise feasible invasion. For example, land units on Madagascar are automatically outnumbered.
- Overwhelmed : -50% if initial strength ratio is 10/1
- Surprise ! : -10% to all defending troops if the attack is totally unexpected.
- Untested : -10% Units built in a city that was attacked the turn before will be less effective and won't receive defensive bonus either.

*Randomness
There will be a dice roll for each side. Winner gets +1 strength. A roll of 6-1 will give +2 to the side that gets the 6.

*Rounding
Defenders have a high rounding : 1,5 and higher = 2
Attackers have a low rounding : 1,5 and lower = 1

*Resolution
The GM will use its own discretion as to what exactly survives.
Battleships in naval invasions cannot be sunk by ground troops (not even by spearmen). Transports can be rendered combat ineffective though.

*Capturing territories
To capture a neutral territory you need an army with total strength of at least three. The territory becomes yours immediately, and units may move again without forfeiting the territory.
To capture an enemy territory you need to successfully invade and wipe out defenders. The territory becomes neutral, and another turn with an army strength of at least three is needed to make it yours.

A unit moving into an allied territory is considered to be defending that territory. Two opposing armies moving into the same, non-allied territory will fight each other, the surviving army then attacking any defenders.

Economy
Spoiler :
To buy all those shiny troops, you need G. G are mainly acquired through territories, in the method described under terrain.
The economic weight of your land at the start of the turn represents your income, or gpt.
To boost your total gold without expansion you have 3 possibilities:
- Trade : Trading is allowed when two countries either share a border, have a mutual ally who specifically allows trade between the two, or have a sea route between Naval Bases.
- Sea routes exist between Sea Lanes, and Naval Bases. A naval base (in a land territory) or a Sea Lane (in a sea area) is adjacent to any sea territory that borders the territory. A naval base or sea lane allows the controller to trade with any naval base that borders an adjacent sea area.
- For example, the naval base in Spain may trade with any naval base or sea lane adjacent to the Mediterranean or the North East Atlantic, including the Sea Lane in North West Atlantic. Should the owner of the Sea Lane in North West Atlantic allow it, Spain can also trade, by extension, with naval bases bordering the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea, etc.
- Controlling a Sea Lane gives you an additional 10% boost to GPT per Sea Lane.
- Diplomacy : Extortion, Land/Unit sales, trade deals, any agreement is legal. Agreements that deal strictly with gameplay, such as sales and trade allowances, must be cleared with the DM. Unless your deal is unrealistic, or will make the game extraordinarily unfair, I will approve.
- Randomness. A random sum will be added or subtracted to each nation’s G on any given turn, to represent natural fluctuations in economy, as well as to make it more difficult to discover secret ability users.

Just so we're clear : At the start of the turn you have G (your treasury) that you can spend to buy troops and build stuff. You can keep some, it goes in your treasury. The turn is resolved and you gain or lose territories. Income is calculated for everyone and bonus are added accordingly. Trade bonuses are calculated at the same time. You have a GPT of 110G, your trade partner 150G. You receive 15G, he receives 11G. Your gold at the start of the turn is 110+15+your treasury. Controlling a Sea Lane will grant you an additional 11G, giving you a grand total of 136G + your treasury to spend on the next turn.

Diplomacy
Spoiler :
Okay people, this is diplomacy. It's not just numbers and bonuses, it's mainly player interactions. It's hard to win alone, you'll need partners and there will be some backstabbing... probably.
You may make Proclamations, or Acts. For example, if Britain decides that the waters around Britain are threatened, he can issue a Proclamation saying that any country that attacks these waters will be declared upon. You can also say stuff like "Anyone who trades with Austria will be an enemy of the British nation". Make it real, make it lively.
Here is a very good example.
Likewise, you can make Civ style pacts (Defensive, Open borders, Permanent alliance, Non Aggression...). Sort it out via PM and post your announcements in the thread.
It is best if most of the formal requests are made in the thread. Remember, this must be interesting for non-participants also.
The only agreements that need[/B} to be cleared with me are things such as Open Borders, so I don’t have you attack an ally by accident ;) .

Espionage
Spoiler :
The biggest addition in this game is the reworking/addition of general espionage. To achieve the overarching goal of making the rules of this game reach the complexity of a NES, I have added this new, complicated function. Any nation may allocate cash towards espionage missions that allow viewing of orders, sabotage of production, or sabotage of armies. Each mission has a success rate depending on the amount of cash allocated towards it. The minimum allocation grants the base % chance of success, and each addition increment adds 10%, to a maximum success rate of 90%. Some territory-centered abilities must be a certain distance or less from one of your cities to be executed.

- Mission Type
Minimum Allocation-Maximum Allocation (Increment)
Base Percent Chance, Maximum Distance
Description

- Steal Plans
10G-90G (10G)
60%
This mission allows you to view a portion of the target’s plans. This feature can be extremely helpful during war, allowing you to respond to your opponent’s movements. In addition to increasing success rate, you may choose to allocate increments of spending towards increasing the portion of orders stolen. No allocation reveals 25% of the individual orders. Each increment increases the portion by 12.5%, to a maximum of 100%. Executing this mission delays the deadline for YOUR orders until 24 hours after the normal deadline (to allow you to process the stolen orders).

- Bombings
50G-200G (30G)
40%, four territories
Through various sneaky methods, you plant a bomb in a targeted city, which devastates the city’s production and economy. Half to all of the city’s builds that turn are destroyed, although the building nation only pays half of the build costs. For the turn after, a nation only receives 10G from that city, all units cost 5G more to make, and receive the “untested” penalty.

- Sabotage
50G-150G (20G)
40%, two territories.
Saboteurs attack a targeted army entering or exiting an area, forcing that army to stop for repairs. Execution of this mission, if successful, will stop all units of a single type from either exiting an area, or entering an area. For example, you may choose to stop all infantry from entering a certain area, such as one of your cities, or stop all infantry from exiting an enemy city.

Miscellaneous
Spoiler :
- You are allowed to burn your own cities, ports, and airfields. If an enemy is approaching, and you feel you can't defend a city, you may destroy your own city, so that he cannot use it to build, or get the extra 5G. You must have a unit however present in your city in order to burn it. You may not rebuild.
- You may disband your units for 50% refund.
- You cannot spend more than 2/3 of your treasury in the same city.
- There will be random events, and hopefully the other players will throw in surprises, too. Be prepared (or don’t, it’s more interesting that way).
- I will simulate the Diplomacy Board Game for update structure. You will be given a period of 2-3 days for diplomacy, after which I will post telling you to send in your orders. Diplomacy may still continue, but I will need orders by 24 hours after that post. Orders more than two hours late will not be counted, unless a special ability would delay the deadline, in which case you will have 24 hours to send in orders. Missing two sets of orders in a row without an excuse beforehand, or five sets of orders total will result in your removal from the game, to allow a reserve player to play. At some point after the order deadline, the update will be posted.

Spoiler Animation Map :

Spoiler Most Recent Update :

Alright. We're up and running again!

The World Messenger, Fall 1961
Sabotage!

European saboteurs struck in Mexico City last week, killing President merciary, and preventing troops from exiting the area. Europe then landed a large naval force to reinforce Central America, and took California, reuniting, for the first time in a decade, the area that once made up the United States of America.

A large Australian fleet of battleships struck against South Africa in the Southeast Atlantic, defeating the South African fleet and destroying the entire fleet of transports.

In South America, Russian forces continued to press out of Brasilia, capture Belo Horizonte and Bolivia.

:trophy: Order award to Niklas of China, and Backwards Logic of Europe

Territories

Australia: 2 Capitols, 8 Cities, 17 Territories, 27 Total, 3 NB, 1AB, 1SL
SSSR: 1 Capitol, 7 Cities, 5 Territory, 13 Total, 2 NB, 1AB
Europe: 4 Capitols, 20 Cities, 17 Territories, 41 Total , 4 AB, 7 NB, 2 SL
South Africa: 1 Capitol, 8 Cities, 12 Territories, 21 Total, 2 NB, 2 SL, 1 AB
Mexico: 1 Capitol, 1 City, 2 Territories, 4 Total, 2 NB,
China: 1 Capitol, 17 Cities, 17 Territories, 35 Total , 3 NB, 2 AB 1 SL

Economy (Spending Limit in One City {rounded down to 5G}) [Trading Partners]
Australia- Stuck In Pi: 635G (420G) [Mexico, Europe]
SSSR- Frozen In Ice: 303G (202G) [China, South Africa, Mexico, Europe]
Europe- Backwards Logic: 794G (525G) [Australia, China, South Africa, SSSR]
South Africa- LightFang: 497G (330G) [Mexico, China, Europe, SSSR]
Mexico- merciary: 200G (130G) [South Africa, Australia, China, SSSR]
China- Niklas: 1506G (1000G) [South Africa, Mexico, Europe, SSSR]

Units:
Australia:
1st Army- 18I @ Sho (Fortifying, from barracks, NDe)
3rd Army- 4I @ NDe (From SoP)
4th Army- 6I @ BAT (Fortifying, merged with 9th Marines)
5th Marines- 4I @ Chi (From Men)
7th Marines- 3I @ Sao (From Bol)
10th Marines- 3I @ BAi (From Ura)
1st Armored- 1T Bra (From BHo, DEAD)
2nd Armored- 1T Bra (From Ama, DEAD)
3rd Armored- 1T @ Bra (Fortifying)
2nd Transport- 12 Transport @ TSe (From PIS)
3rd Transports- 2 Transports @ SeP (Holding pattern)
1st Fleet- 2BB @ CAO (Holding Pattern)
2nd Fleet- 7BB @ Pis
3rd Fleet- 1BB @ SeA (From SwA, Lost 2BB)
4th Fleet- 10BB @ SeA (From Sho, DEAD)
SSSR:
1st Army- 20I @ Yak (C, Reinforced from barracks)
2nd Army- 20I @ WSi (C, Reinforced from barracks)
3rd Army- 7I @ Bra (Reinforced from Guy, Lost 3I)
5th Army- 5I @ Guy
6th Army- 3I @ BHo (From Sal, DEAD)
7th Army- 20I @ ESi (Reinforced From Barracks)
8th Army- 15I @ Rec (C, From barracks)
9th Army- 5I @ Ala (C, From barracks)
10th Army- 5I @ YTe (C, From barracks)
11th Army- 3I @ Bol (From Bra, split from 3rd Army)
12th Army- 13I @ Sao (From Bra, split from 3rd army: DEAD)
1st Marines- 5I @ Ala (From Transports)
2nd Marines- 20I @ BCo (Reinforced from Barracks)
4th Marines- 3I @ BIs (From Transport)
5th Marines- 5I @ NwT (From Transports)
1st Armored- 2T @ WSi (Fortifying)
1st Transports- 3Tr @ AOc (From Bfs)
2nd Transports- 3Tr @ BfS (From AOc)
Europe:
1st Army- 8I @ Syr (Fortifying)
2nd Army- 7I @ Cal (From InT, Nev, lost 20I)
3rd Army- 31I @ Cen (From Transports Lost 14I)
4th Army- 3I @ Trk (Fortifying)
5th Army- 4I @ Mos (Fortifying)
6th Army- 2I @ Texas (From DSo, Reinforced from Barracks, Lost: 14I)
7th Army- 10I @ StP (From Sca)
8th Army - 3I @ Niger (From Mali)
9th Army - Merged into 1st Marines
10th Army - 8I @ Gha (From Mali)
11th Army- 3I @ Libya (From barrack, fortifying)
12th Army- 3I @ Gui (From Mali)
13th Army- 24I @ Merged with 2nd Army
14th Army- 8I @ CSe (In 3rd Transports, from Flo))
15th Army- 3I @ Flo (From Uni)
16th Army- 5I @ Merged with 2nd Army
17th Army- 3I @ Thu
18th Army- 2I @ God
1st Marines- Merged with 3rd Army
2nd Marines- 4I @ Ven (From Transport, Lost 20I)
3rd Marines- Merged with 3rd Army
4th Marines- 28I @ NeA (In 5th Transports)
1st Airborne - 7P Alg (Fortifying)
3rd Airborne- 5P @ Sas (Fortifying)
1st Armored- 1T @ Alg (From Mor)
2nd Armored- 2T @ Cal (From InT)
3rd Armored- Merged with 2nd Armored
4th Armored-1T @ Cal (From Tex Factory: DEAD)
1st Transports- 3Tr @ NwA (From CSe)
2nd Transports- 7Tr @ CSe (From NwA)
3rd Transports- 2Tr @ NwA (From CSe)
4th Transports- 6Tr @ CAO (From NeA)
5th Transport- 7Tr @ NeA (From Spa)
Task Force 1 - 8BB @ CSe (From GoM, Bombarding Ven)
Task Force 2- 4BB @ CSe (From NwA, Bombarding Mex)
Task Force 3- 1BB @ NeP (Bombarding Mex)
Task Force 4- 8BB @ CAO (From NeA, Bombarding Ven)
South Africa:
1st Army- 3I @ Cam (From Cha)
2nd Army- 17I @ Con (From Zai)
3rd Army- 6I @ NSu (From Eth)
4th Army- 3I @ Nge (Fortifying)
5th Army- 21I @ SAf (fortifying)
6th Army- 16I @ Tan (From barracks, fortifying)
7th Army- 4I @ Cha (Fortifying)
9th Army- 3I @ Ang (Fortifying)
12th Army- 2I @ Zai (Fortifying)
1st Marines- 38I @ SeA (In transports: DEAD)
2nd Armored- 1T @ Con (Fortifying))
1st Transport- 8Tr @ SeA (DEAD)
2nd Transport- 4Tr @ SeA (DEAD)
3rd Transports- 4Tr @ NeI (From Tan)
1st Fleet- 7BB @ NeI (Holding Pattern)
2nd Fleet- 7BB @ SeI (Holding Pattern)
4th Fleet- Merged with 1st Fleet
6th Fleet- 2BB @ SeA (DEAD)
7th Fleet- merged with 2nd Fleet
8th Fleet- 5BB @ WAO
9th Fleet- 10BB @ NwI (Holding Pattern)
10th Fleet- 10BBB @ SeA (DEAD)
11th Fleet- 10BB @ EAO (From SeA)
Mexico:
1st Army- 19I @ Ven (Fortifying, Reinforced from barracks, DEAD)
3rd Army- 10I @ Mon (From Clf)
4th Army- 36I @ Mex (Sabotaged! Reinforced from barracks)
5th Army- 25I @ Col (From Per)
8th Army- 17I @ Clf (Fortifying, From barracks: DEAD)
9th Army- 9I @ Cen (From Col, DEAD)
3rd Armored- 1T @ Col (From Per, Fortifying)
5th Armored- 1T @ Cen (From Ven: DEAD)
6th Armored- 2T @ Clf (Fortifying:DEAD)
China:
1st Army- 17I @ Egypt (fortify)
2nd Army- 3I @ Vla (fortify)
3rd Army- 72I @ SIO (from NeI, joined with 7th Army, on 1st Transport)
4th Army- Merged with 1st Army
5th Army- Merged with 3rd Army
6th Army- 3I @ Jap (fortify)
8th Army- 4I @ Iran (fortify)
9th Army- 32I @ WAu (fortify)
1st Airborne- 2P @ Egypt (fortify)
1st Armored- 7T @ Egypt (fortify)
3rd Armored- 1T @ Western China (fortify)
1st Fleet- 11BB @ SIO (from NeI, joined with 4th Fleet)
2nd Fleet- 5BB @ WPO (from CPO)
3rd Fleet- 10BB @ WPO (from NwP)
5th Fleet- 10BB @ NeI (from ASe)
1st Transport- 18Tr @ SIO
2nd Transport- Merged with 1st Transport
3rd Transport- 8Tr @ NeI (split from 2nd Transport)
Rogues:
Recife Honor Guard- 1I @ Rec (Defending Rec)
Out-of-use Malian Battle-cruise-ships- 2BB @ SeP (Touring the Antarctic Coast)

Public Treaties: (Participants)
The Treaty of Friendship (South Africa and Mali): Broken!
The Treaty of Asian Peace (SSSR and China): Broken!
Treaty of Thailand (China and Australia)
Treaty of Karachi (China and the UAC): Broken!
Australlia-UAC Trade Agreement (Australia and the UAC): Necessary Member Dead!
SSSR-UAC Trade Agreement (SSSR and the UAC): Trade routes cut!
Mali-UAC Trade Agreement (Mali and the UAC) Broken!
Treaty of America (Quebec, Mexico, and Chile) Doubly Broken, with two members gone!
Treaty of International Trade (Australia, the UAC, China, Mali, Quebec, Mexico, South Africa and Europe. Note that some nations do not receive full benefits due to various wars)
The South Treaty: Broken!
Treaty of Formerly British Dominion (Australia, Quebec) One member gone!
Treaty Of Moscow (Europe, SSSR)
Published Proclamations (Author and Country)
The LightFang Doctrine (LightFang of South Africa)
Proclamation of the Northwest Indian (LightFang of South Africa)
Proclamation of the Northwest Atlantic (D'Artagnan59 of Quebec)
Proclamation of Quebecois Trade (D'Artagnan59 of Quebec) (Note that this proclamation is obsolete due to the Treaty of International Trade, but 'tis the thought that counts ;))

And the Mappe!

Spoiler Map :

DIPLOMACY PHASE STARTING. ENDS TUESDAY JULY 1, AT 3:00 PM, GMT-8!

I recounted territories and notice that I had made a mistake. VICTORY CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE CHECK POST 1!

If you find mistakes, please send me a PM as soon as you discover it.

In another change from the previous games, the special abilities of nations are no longer public, but will be sent to each nation in a PM, so special espionage abilities are surprising, and can be performed without other nations knowing whodunit.

I’m still looking for good ideas about special abilities. PM or post if you’ve got an idea.

The Nations:

Australia: Gray - Kol. 7 Dropped Out Fall 1959, Stuck In Pi takes over.
Territory: 1 Capitol, 2 Cities, 4 Territories, 1 Naval Base: 95G

SSSR: Green-Gray - thomas.berubeg Dropped out before Spring 1958, Frozen In Ice takes over for Spring 1958
Territory: 1 Capitol, 3 Cities, 2 Territories: 90G

The United Arab Caliphate: Purple - The Loser: Loss, Fall 1957
Territory: 1 Capitol, 2 Cities, 4 Territories: 95G

Europe: Blue - Backwards Logic

South Africa: Dark Green - LightFang
Territory: 1 Capitol, 2 Cities, 3 Territories: 95G

Chile: Red - sirtommygunn, Leeksoup takes over Fall 1958, Defeat Spring 1959

Mexico: White - merciary
Territory:1 Capitol, 3 Cities, 2 Territories: 90G

Quebec: Brown-Green - D'Artagnan59, Stuck In Pi takes over Spring 1959, Defeat, Fall 1959
Territory:1 Capitol, 2 Cities, 4 Territories: 95G

Mali: Yellow - Izipo: Defeated Spring 1959

China
: Dark Red - Niklas

Reserves:
1) The13thRonin
2) Open

Spoiler Fall 1958 :

The World Messenger, Fall 1958
The Last Stronghold of Chile, and Fallen Mali!

In a stunning series of military victorious, the self-proclaimed "Arctic God" of Antarctica defeated each and every military force owned by Chile, reducing Chilean land to a few scattered territories and the single city of Recife.

Mali, assaulted on three sides by Chinese, European, and South African forces, sent vicious attack missions aimed to recapture Algeria and Mau, to remove the European paratroopers, and found... they weren't there. European paratroopers concentrated and took full control of Mali, at the heart of Mali.

In other news, the author of this article has to read 70 pages of an insane lady trying to map the human mind by tomorrow, and couldn't make this article more interesting.

Awards:
:trophy: Best Order Award goes to Izipo for flawless, helpful orders.
:trophy2nd: 2nd place to Backwards Logic and Kol.7 for in-depth, flawless orders.
:trophy2: Special award to Leeksoup for an excellent story to show his orders.

Territories

Australia: 2 Capitols, 10 Cities, 17 Territories, 1 SL, 3 NB, 1AB
SSSR: 1 Capitol, 2 Cities, 1 Territory, 1 NB
Europe: 2 Capitols, 9 Cities, 7 Territories, 2 AB, 1 NB
South Africa: 1 Capitol, 6 Cities, 10 Territories, 2 NB, 1 SL
Chile: 1 Cities, 4 Territories
Mexico: 1 Capitol, 7 Cities, 6 Territories, 5 NB,
Quebec: 1 Capitol, 5 Cities, 7 Territories, 3NB, 3AB, 2 SL
Mali: 1 Capitols, 1 City, 5 Territories, 1 SL
China: 1 Capitol, 14 Cities, 15 Territories, 2 NB, 1AB 1 SL

Economy (Spending Limit in One City {rounded down to 5G}) [Trading Partners]
Australia- Kol.7: 535G (355G) [China, South Africa, Quebec, Mexico, Europe, SSSR]
SSSR- Frozen In Ice: 323G (185G) [China, South Africa, Australia, Mexico, Quebec, Chile, Europe]
Europe- Backwards Logic: 530G (350G) [Quebec, Mexico, Australia, China, South Africa, Chile, SSSR]
South Africa- LightFang: 461G (305G) [Australia, Quebec, Mexico, China, Europe, SSSR, Chile]
Chile- Leeksoup: 282G (155G) [Mexico, China, SSSR, Europe, Quebec]
Mexico- merciary: 336G (220G) [Europe, South Africa, Australia, China, SSSR, Chile]
Quebec- D'Artagnan59: 700G (465G) [Europe, South Africa, Australia, China, SSSR, Chile]
Mali- Izipo: 106G (60G) [None]
China- Niklas: 1163G (775G) {:eek:} [Australia, South Africa, Quebec, Mexico, Europe, SSSR, Chile]

Units:
Australia:
1st Army- 3I @ Nov (Fortifying)
2nd Army- 4I @ Men (From Sao: DEAD)
3rd Army- 10I @ Men (From BAi, reinforced from barracks, lost DEAD)
4th Army- 3I @ MBL (Fortifying)
5th Army- 23I @ Bra (From Sao, Lost 21I
7th Army- 16I @ NDe (Fortifying, Merged with 2nd and 3rd Marines)
1st Marines- 5I @ Sal (Fortifying, Reinforced with 4I from Barracks, lost 4I)
2nd Marines- 10I @ Sao (Fortifying)
4th Marines- 3I @ Ind (From Transport, transported from Jpn)
5th Marines- 4I @ Men (From SCr)
6th Marines 10I @ Men (From Chi: DEAD)
7th Marines- 3I @ Chi (From Transport)
8th Marines- 3I @ BAi (From Transport)
9th Marines- 3I @ SCr (From Transport)
10th Marines- 3I @ Ura (From Transport)
1st Armored- 1T @ Bra (From Sao: DEAD)
1st Transport- 1 Transport @ SeI
2nd Transport- 1 Transport @ WPO (From SCS)
3rd Transports- 10 Transports @ SwA (From WAO)
1st Fleet- 6BB @ NeI (Merged with 2nd Fleet, reinforced from shipyard)
SSSR:
2nd Army- 5I @ WSi (Fortifying)
1st Marines- 12I @ AOc (In Transports)
1st Armored- 2T @ WSi (Fortifying)
1st Transports- 3Tr @ AOc
Europe:
1st Army- 8I @ Syr (Fortifying)
3rd Army- 9I @ GrB (Fortifying)
4th Army- 3I @ Trk (Fortifying)
5th Army- 4I @ Mos (Fortifying)
7th Army- 10I @ Sca (Fortifying)
1st Airborne- 1P @ Mal (From Alg, Lost 2P)
2nd Airborne- 3P @ Mal (Fortifying)
3rd Airborne- 3P @ Mal (From Mau: DEAD)
4th Airborne- 3P @ Lib (From Bal, Lost 6P)
South Africa:
1st Army- 6I @ SSu (From Uga barracks)
2nd Army- 7I @ Zai (Merged with 5th Army)
3rd Army- 6I @ NSu (From Eth)
7th Army- 9I @ Cha (From SSu and NSu)
9th Army- 3I @ Ang (From Zam)
12th Army- 2I @ Uga (From Ken)
1st Marines- 3I @ APe (Fortifying)
1st Armored- 1T @ Ang (from Zam)
2nd Armored- 1T @ Zai (From Tan)
1st Transport- 1Tr @ SwA (Fortifying)
1st Fleet- 6BB @ NwI (Patrolling)
2nd Fleet- 4BB @ SwI (Patrolling)
3rd Fleet- 5BB @ SeA (From SAf)
5th Fleet- 3BB @ EAO (From SeA)
Chile:
1st Army- 13I @ Bra (Fortifying: DEAD)
2nd Army- 4I @ Sal (From Rec: DEAD)
3rd Army- 15I @ Men (Fortifying: DEAD)
Mexico:
1st Army- 13I @ Ven (Fortifying, reinforced from Barracks)
2nd Army- 1I @ Nev (Fortifying)
3rd Army- 4I @ Flo (Fortifying)
4th Army- 1I @ Clf (Fortifying)
5th Army- 25I @ Per (Fortifying, reinforced from Col)
6th Army- 1I @ DSo (Fortifying)
7th Army- 3I @ Cen (Fortifying)
8th Army- 3I @ Mex (Fortifying)
9th Army- 3I @ Col (Fortifying)
10th Army- 1I @ Tex (Fortifying)
11th Army- 3I @ Mnt (From Mex)
12th Army- 9I @ Uni (Fortifying)
13th Army- 8I @ BCo (From Ind, Lost 3I)
14th Armored- 3I @ Sas (From Ind, split from 13th Army: DEAD)
1st Armored- 1T Clf (From Mex)
2nd Armored- 1T @ Sas (From Ind: DEAD)
3rd Armored- 1T @ Ven (From Col)
4th Armored- 1T Nev (From Mex)
5th Armored- 1T @ Ven
6th Armored- 1T @ Tex (From Mex)
7th Armored- 1T @ Mon (From Mex)
8th Armored- 1T @ Flo
9th Armored- 1T @ DSo
1st Fleet- 2BB @ NeP (Fortifying: DEAD)
2nd Fleet- 3BB @ Mex
4th Fleet- 2BB @ NeP (From EPa: DEAD)
Quebec:
1st Army- 3I @ YTe (Fortifying)
2nd Army- NwT (Fortifying)
6th Army- 6I @ Qbc (Fortifying, reinforced from barracks)
7th Army- 3I @ Sas (Fortifying, reinforced from barracks, Lost 6I)
8th Army- 6I @ Ont (Fortifying, reinforced from barracks)
9th Army- 3I @ BCo (Fortifying, from barracks: DEAD)
10th Army- 3I @ Alb (Fortifying)
11th Army- 3I @ Man (Fortifying)
12th Army- 3I @ New (Fortifying)
1st Marines- 3I @ God (Fortifying)
2nd Marines- 3I @ Thu (Fortifying)
1st Paratroopers- 3P @ Ala (Fortifying)
1st Fleet- 2BB @ NwA (Reinforced from Qbc: Lost 2BB)
2nd Fleet- 2BB @ NPO (Patrolling)
3rd Fleet- 1BB @ NeP (From NPO, Lost 3BB)
1st Transports- 2 Transports LSe
Mali:
2nd Army- 8I @ Libya (From Cha: DEAD)
3rd Army- 5I @ Cam
4th Army- 8I @ Algeria (reinforced from Libyan barracks)
5th Army- 5I @ Mali (from Gha Barracks: DEAD)
1st Tank- 1T @ Cam
4th Tank- 1T @ Mau (from Gha factory, via Gui)
3rd Air- 1P @ Mau (airdropped from Chad)
1st Fleet- 2BB @ NeA (Bombarding Mau)
1st TrF : 2Tr @ NeA (Disbanded)
China:
1st Army- 17I @ Egypt (from Saudi Arabia)
2nd Army- 3I @ Vla (fortify)
3rd Army- 24I @ SoO (on 1st Transport from Vla)
1st Airborne- 1P @ Egypt (fortify)
2nd Airborne- 1P @ Egypt (from Iran)
1st Armored- 7T @ Egypt (from Saudi Arabia, merged with 2nd Armored)
3rd Armored- 1T @ Western China (from Irkutsk)
1st Fleet- 2BB @ Northwest Pacific (fortify)
1st Transport- 6Tr @ SoO (from Vla)

Public Treaties: (Participants)
The Treaty of Friendship (South Africa and Mali): Broken!
The Treaty of Asian Peace (SSSR and China): Broken!
Treaty of Thailand (China and Australia)
Treaty of Karachi (China and the UAC): Broken!
Australlia-UAC Trade Agreement (Australia and the UAC): Necessary Member Dead!
SSSR-UAC Trade Agreement (SSSR and the UAC): Trade routes cut!
Mali-UAC Trade Agreement (Mali and the UAC) Broken!
Treaty of America (Quebec, Mexico, and Chile)
Treaty of International Trade (Australia, the UAC, China, Mali, Quebec, Mexico, South Africa and Europe. Note that some nations do not receive full benefits due to various wars)
The South Treaty
Treaty of Formerly British Dominion (Australia, Quebec)
Treaty Of Moscow (Europe, SSSR)
Published Proclamations (Author and Country)
The LightFang Doctrine (LightFang of South Africa)
Proclamation of the Northwest Indian (LightFang of South Africa)
Proclamation of the Northwest Atlantic (D'Artagnan59 of Quebec)
Proclamation of Quebecois Trade (D'Artagnan59 of Quebec) (Note that this proclamation is obsolete due to the Treaty of International Trade, but 'tis the thought that counts ;))

And the Mappe!

Spoiler Map :

DIPLOMACY PHASE STARTING. ENDS WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 27TH, 4:00 PM, GMT-8!

Animation map has been updated, last update map has been corrected. Please tell me if you notice any other mistakes.

I have never played this game before, but i want to give it a go as The United Arab Caliphate.

I'll be Mexico

I'll be Europe.

Players updated; the mistake in Chile was a map mistake, not a counting mistake, the map is updated.

Wow! Spots filled up really fast. Reserve sign-ups are still up, but I'm saving the first few for players from the last game- I think they deserve it.

Sorry to those who missed signing up due to Christmas. In hindsight, I probably should have posted after. Sorry :( . You may still sign as reserves, and I may add another African nation, depending on the number of reserve sign-ups.

I still need special ability ideas!

SSSR could have something along the lines of a huge power taking a while to get mobilized, but being nearly unstopaable after that...

i think all nations should get at least 90 gp. otherwise some nations can get 3 territories in one turn while others can only get 2. that first territory could cause a cycle of income growth while the others slow down behind.

or maybe it wont make a difference anyway and will just cause some nations to have a slightly smaller landgrab.

I PMed some ideas over, I hope you liked them. :)

Top Bottom