Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

• Other

• Total voters

Strider

In Retrospect
Pretty simple. Which game/expansion of BTS do you play the next democracy game with?

looking for the "will play anything" choice. :)

I think the majority of the people take the "will play anything" attitude. Honestly I don't see how it makes much of a difference. I worded the poll "Which Do You Prefer?" though. So it seemed reasonable not to allow multiple choice.

Unless your overly indecisive.

I'm only voting Civ3 because it runs on my main computer. Civ4 will not. I also do not own any of the expansions.

Here he wants us to surrender Civ4 BTS, because his computer can handle only Civ3. Well, my computer is fine, and I want Civ4 BTS.

Here he wants us to surrender Civ4 BTS, because his computer can handle only Civ3. Well, my computer is fine, and I want Civ4 BTS.

Okay - that's a rather foolish way of being persuasive.

Mods, please change my vote from Civ4 BTS to Civ3 solely due to Provo's elitist attitude.

-- Ravensfire

Well, Ravensfire is bent on eliminating any position I take, just for the hell of it, which is normal for him. He is here for the argument and causing trouble for me it seems.

I am sick and tired of traditional Civ3 demogames, and want something totally new, that is what I stand for. I am not trying to persuade those that want traditional and Civ3 over to Civ4 BTS and a Civics driven system. Also, I am not the elitist one, as the real elite, is those Civ3 demogame veterans who knows how to set up a game blindfolded (even though the result may sometimes seem to be made in the blind). The majority have Civ4 BTS, and this forum is if someone noticed, a Civ4, not Civ3 forum.

If you guys want to discuss a Civ3 demogame, you can do that there, in the Civ3 forums, not in the Civ4 forums.

Well, Ravensfire is bent on eliminating any position I take, just for the hell of it, which is normal for him. He is here for the argument and causing trouble for me it seems.

I am sick and tired of traditional Civ3 demogames, and want something totally new, that is what I stand for. I am not trying to persuade those that want traditional and Civ3 over to Civ4 BTS and a Civics driven system. Also, I am not the elitist one, as the real elite, is those Civ3 demogame veterans who knows how to set up a game blindfolded (even though the result may sometimes seem to be made in the blind). The majority have Civ4 BTS, and this forum is if someone noticed, a Civ4, not Civ3 forum.

If you guys want to discuss a Civ3 demogame, you can do that there, in the Civ3 forums, not in the Civ4 forums.

The problem is that your saying "traditional Civ3." Your the only person who seems to think that we want to play a Civ3 game with the old rules. The rest of us are pretty much in agreement that we should throw the whole thing out and make something completely new.

I've also said that I like your idea, but that it needs to be simplified. Your reaction to that was basically a "it's fine as it is.. so screw you." You'd have plenty of support if you stopped insulting everyone.

Your ruining your own position more than anyone else.

I agree on the simplification of the Civics system, I did not say "screw you" to anyone here. Ravensfire is whipping it up. However, I am adamant about Civ4 BTS.

Also, there are some here that want a traditional set-up (Chieftess and Civgeneral).

BTS, because it's the most recent and therefore it has more chance i think of attracting new players. I would also like to play a Civ 3 game, i just think we need to go forwards not backwards if we want to encourage people to join. Plus BTS has loads of new features that change the game so much, so hopefully that will help with late game apathy (sp).

I beg your pardon? Kindly re-read your post, and look at just WHO is causing problems, Provo. Discussion - good. Acting in the manner you are - not good.

You don't like my action? Good. Realize it is in DIRECT result of your action. Also note my original choice. You and you alone caused my response. I don't care either way about you, Provo, or you preferences. You, however, have a habit of complaining about other people, aggressive posting and general paranoia, and then you post something combining all three.

So post away, but realize your style will have consequences. Not your message - I have no problem with your desire not to play Civ3, but your style leaves much to be desired in the realm of courtesy and respect. Since you show none, you deserve none.

-- Ravensfire

Moderator Action: Both of you please stop! This is not the place for you private argument. Take it to PM if you feel you need to continue it, but it won't continue here. Debate and discuss the topic, but leave personal attacks out of it.

I think BtS will attract the most players, but i can also play in C3, if you so choose.

I beg your pardon? Kindly re-read your post, and look at just WHO is causing problems, Provo. Discussion - good. Acting in the manner you are - not good.

You don't like my action? Good. Realize it is in DIRECT result of your action. Also note my original choice. You and you alone caused my response. I don't care either way about you, Provo, or you preferences. You, however, have a habit of complaining about other people, aggressive posting and general paranoia, and then you post something combining all three.

So post away, but realize your style will have consequences. Not your message - I have no problem with your desire not to play Civ3, but your style leaves much to be desired in the realm of courtesy and respect. Since you show none, you deserve none.

-- Ravensfire

As you noticed, the aggressive posturing against the idea by traditionalists caused me to swing counter. However, I took the heat, not them. I was told by Strider to leave this game, as I did not feel like playing Civ3. This is, however, a Civ4 forum, and was sort of surprised to be told to leave the game due to the "alleged strong support for a traditional Civ3 set-up".

When I am met with such disregard, I do the same. Difference is, I get "exclusive" treatment, due to some strange prehistory with a couple of people.

I was told by Strider to leave this game, as I did not feel like playing Civ3.

Taken about as far out of context as possible. In essence.. you said that if we don't use your "radical new approach using civics and bts" then we can count you out. I replied that we might as well count you out then, because your not going to get much support with your current attitude. I never told you to leave the game and the only comment about Civ3 in the entire post was a remark over a some of the replies earlier in the thread and had nothing to do with you.

It was an attempt to try and make you act reasonable. Obviously that didn't work.

You are not really helping. The only reason why I'm bothering to reply is in some vain hope to keep some type of conversation going. Although if it continues much more like this then we might as well close the poll and start a new one.

Top Bottom