Quinzy's Mayan Warrior(1/12/2008)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
Its been along time in coming but I managed to turn Quinzy's old storyboard's into flics, and working closely with that said creator, he made civilopedia images for the unit and a units32 file for it. So we get to finally play with this masterpiece!

Download Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8059&act=down

Update: Heres the updated PCX and Unit32 file from Vuldacon he was nice enough to share they are corrected(centered) and the units 32 now displays civ colors in game. Heres the link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/39815/MayanWarrior_pcx_files.zip

Preview:

Attachments

• MayanAttackA.gif
    MayanAttackA.gif
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,567
Thanks very much mate for flicifying him! :D

Attention! Here are the files in the DB, post-hacker attack:
Click!

The Aztecs called the sword a Macuahuitl (hand stick) and it could decapitate a horse, or so it was claimed. The blades were obsidian, or so I'd read. I'm guessing they didn't work as well on Conquistador cuirasses as on horsie necks.

The Aztecs called the sword a Macuahuitl (hand stick) and it could decapitate a horse, or so it was claimed. The blades were obsidian, or so I'd read. I'm guessing they didn't work as well on Conquistador cuirasses as on horsie necks.
Obsidian vs. Gunpowder. Aztecs wore armor (if not metal); they'd have been smart enough to target the exposed bits.

Sword_Of_Geddon and Quinzy... Very Fine Mayan Warrior Unit :goodjob:
Just a small bounce/shift in the Run but all animations look very good.
...Sword_OF_Geddon... I am sending you a PM with a CIV Specific units_32 for this Unit so you can decide if you want it.

Thank you all for liking this unit :D And once again, thanks for SoG for flicifying it!

No :( That was it I'm afraid.

I should be back in full swing come Summer. Till then, it's study and school.

Obsidian vs. Gunpowder. Aztecs wore armor (if not metal); they'd have been smart enough to target the exposed bits.

Yeah. You'd think. Must not have worked very well though since the Spanish had so few men and still won out despite disease and obsidian. At least Cortez could count on not losing many men to desertion!

Right on, thanks you two for putting out this unit!

Top Bottom