Confederacy Modular

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
This is a new and improved and a "What If" civ.

This includes Zerver's Medieval Units (these are the What If).
I put the Conf Flag on these units, again What If. That way there is a whole civ from Archer up to Infantry.

Leaders included are: Davis, Lee, Jackson, Hood, Longstreet.

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8075

Here's what the units look like:

credits: if your name is missing, pls PM me.
Spoiler :

Zerver /bernie14 / danrell / Roamty /Darque /and
AlazkanAssassin/GarretSidzaka/Andrew_JayQuueg/meatwad4289
/Kael and FfH2 Team/CivGoldTeam/Duel/Chugginator/civmansam/
Supa/ArneoKerdarun/Zuul/MeteorPunch/Rabbit,White/Chalid/bmarnz/
Aranor/Wyz_sub10/snafusmith/C.Roland/woodelf/GarretSidzaka/
Robo Magic Man/TheBladeRoden/krowtrobot/seZereth/PSYX/
J_Period/Ploeperpengel/Chamaedrys/nautil/Hadrean/sepamu92/sharick/
ggganz/Italicus/ArdRaeiss/Hell's Angel/McGlocklinMA/mirtan/
Cafegio/korvgubben/The Conquests/Chiyu/hrochland/Khai/
Swarog/Walter Hawkwood/Fëanor/Nickolai/Axel/Mozza/bmarnz/
Bakuel/Gedemon/Grave/Zebra 9/bhiita/GeneralMatt/Houman/
Edgecrusher/timboobaa/Polycrates/FuzzyWuzzyBunny/asioasioasio/
siam/jojoweb/lamppost4/Sevo/Quueg/meatwad4289/Dale/avain/dutchking/masonl

Great mod. Enjoying the flavor units and playing the Protective/Organized trait combination.

Great work on this civilization, totaly love it: but are you telling people what they should rate your work?

Nope its because of these idiots that goes around giving people 1 star, if you look at some of the MODs and graphics they give alot of them 1 star, and all i was saying was if a person is who doesnt even know anything about modding and try's to make a civ/mod then he/she at a minimum, deserve at least 3 stars, just for trying!!:mischief:

See look at the d/l page and you'll see, their are a couple of idiots that rate that way. And i know there were some 5 stars given also.

btw, thx on the good words.

can't seem to get this to work.

It loads into the BTS mod and i set the Config Modular XML Loading to 1

It shows on the list of mods- but when i go advanced and select it, the game restarts as normal but then it is not listed in the Civpedia or on the list of Civs you can select.
Maybe the configuration of the mod isn't modular? (there's 2 configs one for the main game and one for the mod)

Good job strategy. Can't say I'll be playing as one of these guys, though. ;)

tried typing in "Confederacy" in the mod name.

In the Mod Name you should have typed "Mods\Confederacy", not just "Confederacy". Just double checking you did that.

By the way, nice civ :goodjob:

The medievil units actually add alot to the civ. I appreciate the responses in regard to loading issue.

well not sure why there is an issue- tried all xml loading= and name variations,
not sure what dutchking means in so far as two configurations. However, i appreciate the responses.

The two configs are the one's in the Folder of the Mod you're downloading (Confederacy). The other is in the My Games\Beyond the Sword folder

Nice mod.

One issue, though. You have used the work of a lot of other people in this mod and you really ought to give credit where credit is due. Especially since you are asking people to reward your hard work with a high rating. My guess is that the other folks whose work you have borrowed worked hard too.

Again, nice mod.

Nice mod.

One issue, though. You have used the work of a lot of other people in this mod and you really ought to give credit where credit is due. Especially since you are asking people to reward your hard work with a high rating. My guess is that the other folks whose work you have borrowed worked hard too.

Again, nice mod.

Have a nice day.

I agree, but i dont know who they are, since i take things from a certain area and thats who i give credit to mainly, but as always, i ask the persons if they want credit PM me and i will put their names there, and as of yet, no one has PM'ed me, ok.;)

You make nice mods and your work is appreciated. But this isn't the first time you've been called out for being less than clear where you got some of your work. See here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=240076. (Which is why I noticed the problem in the first place.)

I've modded many games and know the drill. There's nothing wrong with borrowing the work of others. That's part of the modding process. But there is an accepted ethic, one commonly adhered to here and elsewhere, to give credit for work you borrow. That's part of the modding process too.

If you borrow work, give credit. To say you don't know where you got work you know you didn't do yourself really demeans your own work. You can do better.

Again, nice mod. Just be more careful in the documentation.

You make nice mods and your work is appreciated.
Again, nice mod. Just be more careful in the documentation.

I only put things together, for one reason and one reason only, to let others enjoy their Civ4 game alot better, and to give them more choices of what they want in thier MODs. I just want the Civ4 community to have a "Have Fun" attitude is all. Cant blame a guy for trying!!:p

The notion that you can't give credit for work you borrow is silly and offensive. I assumed you simply made a mistake. Now I see you really don't understand (or care about) the difference between your own work and that of others. That's too bad.

It really isn't hard to do the right thing. So I'll do it for you. Scrolling down in this same page (took about two minutes), you find where most of your work came from:

Others seem to have no problem giving proper credit for work they borrow. Indeed, to do so clearly is the norm here:

Again, you do good work. But please don't claim you can't give proper credit for borrowing the good work of others. Or suggest that it's normal practice around here not to.

You really can do the right thing. If you want to.

Top Bottom