60x25 14-civ Earth map (Warlords)

Blue Ether

Chieftain
Here is yet another smallish Earth map, again for Warlords. This one is based on a grid where each block represents a 6 degree square. Because it is so rectangular, it's hard to classify as a particular size but I believe it falls somewhere between "small" and "standard." The 60x25 translates to 360x150 (representing only the areas of the earth between 70 degrees south latitude and 80 degrees north latitude). Therefore there is a definate polar bias. I have tried to compensate for this in places. Also some geography has been manipulated and many features are lost because of the large degree of scaling. Resources are fairly real world accurate, except where needed to balance play.

This map has the following civilizations:
-Celtic
-Roman
-Russian
-Persian
-Indian
-Mongolian
-Chinese
-Japanese
-Egyptian
-Malinese
-Viking*
-Incan
-Aztec
-American

*Vikings start in Australia

Because Western Europe is not very big on such a scale, there was no way to support very many civs. I chose the Celts and Romans since they are good natural rivals and fit better geographically than any other combination I could think of.
I'm sure that people will either love or hate the addition of Vikings. I find they are a good fit and fun to play. Also, on such a small map there are few large tracts of settlable land and they are very close to home. So, leaving oceania empty would have given a huge advantage to the Asian civs.
The new world civs tend to be a bit high scoring but weak on tech.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 1,033
  • Earth-60x25.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 500
hey how could i clean the starting positions and add some of the new bts civs to this map?

I edited your map for preplace all cities for strategical purpose ;)

I give three cities to all civs but the three New World ones...

I called it v1.0...

Please feedbacking and feel free to create your own version :goodjob:

I love your map Blue Ether :goodjob:

Its for BTS

Attachments

• BE-Little-Earth-with-preplaced-cities-1.0.rar
    10 KB · Views: 166
First let me say I LOVE this map. I have had my most fun Civ experience on the map.

I was playing as the Celts. I had already counquered the Romans, Russians and the Mali. But, my Empire did not seem complete, Persia looked liked a willing canidate so I declared on him. I failed to notice the Defense Pact with Persia,China,Japan, and Mongols(Vassal of China) I quickly had Eygpt, America, and India (who later became in my vassal) join on my side.

It was here that I actually employed a respectable military strategy instead of stack of dooming each city one by one, Long story short, it was awesome. Persia, China and Mongols have all been added and Japan is next.

Thank you very much for making this map. Im already planning for my next game as America

Glad people enjoy this map, it's probably my favorite of the maps I've made.

I've re-uploaded the file since it had become a dead link, so once it gets through moderation queue why not go download and try it out if you haven't already! Sorry for being slow on fixing the link, I see messages on the file page from quite a ways back complaining about it. I wish this site wouldn't break their own file system though...

Link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8180

Top Bottom