GotM #18

Smash

Super Lurker
Retired Moderator
Its that time again and this time we have another twist.You will be playing this one as a Fundamentalist.Thats right.I have forced a government change via the cheat editor and you will start and play the game as a High Priest.

I have forbid government changes but sometimes it doesn't work correctly.If you ever get an option to change,you should not.House rule will be no changes.Stay Fundy :)

Deity level
Bronze Working
Ceremonial Burial
Horseback Riding
2 settlers

Once again,you will have direct tech choices.The game is a save and you load it by the usual "load saved game" way.

Attachments

• gotm18.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 376
and a .sav

Interesting concept...
I was disappointed in only finishing 19th in the results (finally) of GOTM 16. But thats ok, more motavation to be focused on this new one (I will probably score about the same, maybe slightly higher for GOTM 17 which I finished about 4 weeks ago). Congrats to all you guys who conquering the world so early! Any tips for me?

- Narz :king:

One problem, neither of these downloads work for me. Both d/l as "attachment.php" and neither open with DropZip or StuffitExpander. :confused:

Board size? I will think about the game for a week & then start. (Out of town :( )

Narz, you cannot right-click those attachments!
Simple left click and wait for the download window, no right clicks on these fora.
:D

Sounds like he is a MAC.No right clicking on MACs.Just clicking :)..I think it is option click for MAC..or a "lean on" click.

If that fails try renaming the .php to .zip or .sav.The .sav is not compressed and can go straight into your civ2 folder.

I guess the most impotant thing for "fast" finishes is to make up your mind as early as possible as to which way you plan on winning.For a conquest,you won't need to muck about with the Collosus or Pyramids etc for example.Or libraries,markets and such.

oh ya-I made this quite awhile ago but I beleive it is a medium map and the barbs are at raging.Your first leader will tell you for sure.

Originally posted by mercurios
i have the same qustion like ferenginar
'direct tech choices'

mercurios
I to am puzzled by direct teck choice reference, there are huts visible. Other than that government tech wont be very useful except for FUN (for fanatics), which we dont start with. ....

this is on Diety level , starting tech is Bronze Work,
Cer Burial, Horseback Riding

Perhaps, he means, everyone will be leaching tech as FUN lose 50% science

:confused:

direct tech-ever notice in a normal game,at times you are not offered a certain tech to research despite having the pre-requisits?....I won't explain it all(there is a pattern) but when you make something into a scenario,you will not get "rooked" by tech choices.If you have the pre-reqs,it will be available on the list of tech choices to research.

Question- how do we name our save games when we send them? Like.....

GotM18AD1000Becka, for example? I looked on the Civ2 GotM page, but I didn't see that info anymore. :confused:

More like, "Becka_GOTM18_AD1000", with or without those underlines.

Welcome back to the GOTM! :yeah:

Let´s see if I can finish #17 today or tomorrow, then I might have some time to play #18.

Originally posted by Lucky
More like, "Becka_GOTM18_AD1000", with or without those underlines.

Welcome back to the GOTM! :yeah:

Let´s see if I can finish #17 today or tomorrow, then I might have some time to play #18.

Thanks Lucky. :king:

These attachments do not work for me! Could someone who is able to open them, please re-save the at 4000BC and post it here or e-mail to me @ anthonarz@aol.com. I'd really like to start this one! Thanks.

Hey Smash or Duke, you shouldn´t forget the announcement on the main page!!!!!!! :eek:

Unless you don´t want more players! ;)

And Narz, do not right-click the link. Use IE and simply click on it and let it download.

Far from having direct tech choices. I have no tech choices, research is not working, I'm not reseaching a tech and can find no way to get one started. :confused:

It has carried over into a new game. Now I have to uninstall and reinstall, which works. Was this caused by GOTM 18. Dare I reload it. I cannot submit now as I have already, played the start.

You wouldn't believe how many turns I played before I realised that the techs wasn't working. Obvoiusly to engrossed in the game.

ferenginar

I would like to play a gotm! I haven't played this before. But fundamentalism throughout the game... well thats, hmm, different. Just have to do some rethinking when it comes to strategy.

Narz, I downloaded the file which was called attachment.php. I renamed it attachment.sav and it would load normally. I have version 2.42.

Wow, Power Fundy here I come! Where do I start? I always aim for Monarchy first! Now I have to re-think my whole strategy! :lol:

I can't right click, I'm on a Mac! All the other (GOTM #16 & 17) GOTM's worked for me, just not this one. Renaming won't help I think. If anyone could just resave at 4000bc and send me a copy I would be entirely grateful! Thanks.

Top Bottom