DMI VIII - The War of Wrath

·Imhotep·

Legendary Builder
Hello guys,

I guess the DMI series is now well known enough that I don't have to write that long prologue any more. You'll find links to the games in my signature anyway.

After the success of DMI VI - The Mearas I want to try my hand at another Tolkien based game theme. This time it's the Elder Days. Fëanor was a Noldorin Elf who was the most skilled of the Children of Ilúvatar. He wrought many things even Aulë, the mightiest of the Valar in craft, could not make. He imprisoned the Light of the Two Trees of Valinor (the dwelling of the Valar, or Gods) in three Jewels. Morgoth, the Dark Lord, destroyed the Trees and stole the Jewels, slaying Fëanor's father at the gate of his home. He then fled to Middle-Earth. Fëanor swore an Oath to recapture the Jewels and everlasting hatred and emnity to Morgoth. He then forsook the Blessed Realm and went to Middle-Earth, beginning a hopeless war. This is the situation where we enter this SG. The Noldor have made their camp at Mithrim. They are allied with the fathers of Men, represented by Beor. On the dark side there are Morgoth and the cruel Easterlings with their leader Ulfang.

Link to Wikipedia for background summary

Variant rules:

1. Only victory condition enabled is Conquest.
2. We can win this game only by triggering the Voyage of Ëarendil, seeking pardon from the Wrath of the Valar and sending the Host of the West to overcome Morgoth at last. This can only be done by sending 15 Great People to Elwe at Alqualonde, the King of the Teleri and sacrificing them there in repentance of the kin-slaying.
3. We (Augustus) play teamed with Beor (Ragnar), Morgoth (Montezuma) and Ulfang (Suleiman) are the dark team.
4. We start as Vassals of Manwë, King of Arda and mightiest of the Valar.

Here is our start:

Difficulty: Deity
Map: genuinely hand-crafted™ by the Legendary Builder

Roster:

1 ·Imhotep·
2. Arathorn
3. Ralph Jackson
4. reverend_oats
5. Winth
6. sunrise089
7. GreyFox (after Civ hiatus)

Imhotep

phew ~ watching w/interest Im ~ sure to be another great one :goodjob:

I am up for another hand crafted Imhotep Special Ride and Deity sounds fun!!

Ralph

Oh boy, I'd love to have some fun with a kickass theme for a game, especially since I veeery enjoyed the previous The Mearas game (although I can't watch the Hall of Fame replay of the game for some reason). At first I thought: "Deity? I am NOT playing softly at Monarch... That's a pity, I won't be a welcome player...". But hey, we are allied with some civs... Hmm...

Can I, pleeeease? :mischief:

@Winth:

You're in. Better read some Silmarillion now... :whipped:

Yup, definitely a lurker. Deity is just WAY over me head and I'm already at my cap in SGs at 2 :p

This would be my first SG, but I cannot resist the urge to my one of Imhoteps SG's. I am a Monarch/Emp player. I hope that makes me qualified enough. But I have read the Silmarrilion.

@reverend:

Sounds fine. You're in :)

I'll give Arathorn another 48 hours, if he doesn't show up then, I'll open the spot...

Imhotep

·Imhotep·;6460798 said:
@Winth:

You're in. Better read some Silmarillion now... :whipped:

I already got one.

What about: "Thou shalt crop thy screenies?" :lol:
I may need a swap to the fifth position on the roster, however. Some schoolwork coming on, and it won't release me until Monday.

:dance: Woohoo! I'm in!
This is a little embarrassing, but what is the keyboard command to take a screenshot?

Thanks.:blush:
I'd be happy to sitch with Winth.

@Fox:

Guess we'll start tomorrow. If Arathorn doesn't show up we'll take in another player along the road...thanks for mentioning the DM rules, forgot about that.

@all new players:

Feel free to ask whatever question is on your mind concerning SGs. GreyFox, the worthy Ralph "Navy Genius" Jackson and myself are SG-battered veterans. So there is no stupid question, just ask...

Imhotep

·Imhotep·;6463419 said:
@Fox:
Guess we'll start tomorrow. If Arathorn doesn't show up we'll take in another player along the road...thanks for mentioning the DM rules, forgot about that.
Is he an honorary invite (i.e. did you PM him)? Extremely appropriate for Arathorn to join this game, I must say!

·Imhotep·;6463419 said:
@all new players:

Feel free to ask whatever question is on your mind concerning SGs. GreyFox, the worthy Ralph "Navy Genius" Jackson and myself are SG-battered veterans. So there is no stupid question, just ask...
Yeah, and we love having new players for dinner!

--

Top Bottom