[LH] Dom Pedro II

Looks good! the texture could use some work, specifically the beard and hair, they don't blend well at the moment. Great job though! :thumbsup:

I agree too. But what's that on his other eye? Is it just a bug, does it come with Napoleon, or did he have such eyebrows?

I'll rework it. From the civfanatics user Dom Pedro II's avatar it looks like the hair is light brown and the beard is gray any blending suggestions. I'm going to try and use Alex's wreath to be on the front of the suit nd make it gold, instead of painting the leafs on, the nif seems to warp the shap :(

Not bad. I agree that it would be nice if the facial hair blended a little better (and in the Wikipedia pics, his beard is a much darker color, even as an older man,) but otherwise it looks fine.

You should make the beard a little less light with a slight brownish-tint, that might help blend them also, along with "graying" the hair

I've been having a good "study break" and revisited ol' Dom Pedro too. I fixed the suit and made it use Alexander's wreath for the gold leaf on his outfit. His beard is white and hair brown like forum user Dom Pedro II's avatar - but I tinted the beard. Also the eyebrow problem is fixed.

I think that the difference in color in the beard and the hair is just too stark. I think it would be better if the beard were slightly darker and the hair slightly lighter (more towards blonde), and fade them toward each other in the middle. The picture below shows that there's a difference, but it's not as much as you have there. Everything else looks great though.

http://www.psg.com/~walter/dpii.jpg

I'm still bothered by the pointiness of the beard at the bottom, I'm sure that's just a problem with the model though. I like this version a lot better though, great job! :thumbsup:

This looks better.

I agree, though, that the forked beard thing just doesn't look right, especially from the angle in the most recent photo.

Top Bottom