Civilization specific events?

KaytieKat

Emperor
Hi

I was reading some guides in war acadamey and in one thread there was some discussion on whether or not Aztec sac alter gives benefits when whipping only buildings and not units or whether it gives its reduced happiness on both. So I made a quick game as Monty and his mean green war machine civ and then used world builder to test it out. during testing by giving him BW and CoL and an alter it seems it does give benefits on bot units and buildings. HOWEVER that wasnt the weird part. While I was playing around hitting shift return over and over just seeing how the unhappiness stacked and reduced during multiple whippings I got this wierd event.

"During the Toxcatl feast, the young man who is Tezcatlipoca's likeness has escaped from the teokalli in Tenochtitclan before he could be sacrificed!"

the two ptions were do nothing and get 2 unhappy faces temporarily in Tenochtitclan or try to "recapture" him which means spend like 65 gold and have a warrior unavailable for 3 turns.

Now even though I have NOOO idea who Tezo whatshisface is and why we need to keep ppl who look like him in a teokalli thigamajig for after dinner sacraficing it does sound like a VERY Aztecy thing to do. Meaning that it kinda makes sense as an Aztec event but wouldnt exactly sound right if it happened in England or France. So is this some kind of Aztec only event and if it is do other other civilzations have there own specific events too?

This is first time I have ever seen this event so maybe it is just a coinky dink it hapened with the Aztecs and COULD happen with other civilaztions too. I mean I am pretty sure the marathon runner event happens with other civilizations besides the greeks. But then again I THINK holy mountain quest is relgious spefific event that only happens if you are running say judaism or christianity but wont happen if you are running hindu or buddhism. So if there is a religious speficif even then maybe there are civilation specific ones too? If so it would be very neat and actually make it kinda interesting to try civs I dont normally ever play at all.

But other than the Marathon event I cant think of any other event that even sounds like it fits best with one specific civ and that one can happen to other civs besides Greeks. So has anyone had this event before with a civ besides aztecs like have Lincoln or Ghandi had in in for ppl who look like Tezawhosit too? or maybe know of other wierd events that seem linked to just one specific civ?

Kaytie

PS I am trying to attatch screenie of it as proof I just didnt REALLY misread the harbor master quest or something hehe :p

Attachments

• strangeciv4.JPG
    strangeciv4.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 394
I've heard tales about this even twice in a few days now, and on both occasions, its been Aztecs.

KaytieKat: First off, that was an informative and very entertaining read, thanks! :)

To answer your question, though, yes, it IS a civ-specific event, and there are only two that I know of (having looked extensively through the event lists), and both are Solver's events. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure he uses Python to check that the player is the Aztecs (for this event), and if so then the event can trigger for them alone. Sadly there are not unique events for each civ, though that would be pretty cool. :) Currently I'm working on a somewhat smaller project for Final Frontier, where each civilization (luckily, there are only 8!) will have unique events associated with them, using Solver's method. You should do the same, but for the epic game! :D

Hope that helps!

Once when I was playing a game, the American's had a problem counting votes in the year 2000! I kid you not.

-- SJN

I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure he uses Python to check that the player is the Aztecs (for this event), and if so then the event can trigger for them alone.

Yes -- that is exactly what happens for the Toxcatl event.

Code:
    if (player.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVILIZATION_AZTEC")):
        return true

Someone at gamefaqs.com has made an extensive article about all the events including the civ-specific ones such as this aztec one and the American voting scandal.

I've had that voting scandal one happen on a civ different from the American one. I'm pretty sure. Got to do with courthouses right?

Top Bottom