Changed Mongols to Xixia
Much more

The civs are:
Castile-Leon, Aragon, Toulouse, France, England, Scandinavia,
Holy-Rome, Norman Italy, Bohemia, Poland, Russia, Hungary,
Byzantium, Almoravids, Fatimids, Ethiopia, Seljuks, Ghanznavids,
Western Chalukyas, Cholas, Kara-Khanids, Khmer, XiXia,
Jin, Song, and Japan

I will be adding more civs in the future to these 26.

What is happening in the world: In Europe, the Spanish reconquesta is beginning and the holy land is being protected. In the far east, Sung china faces a great foe.

How to install: First, install the giant earth map here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253945

Then, unzip this to the mods folder: BTS only http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8592
There are screen shots on the download page.
Problems:
Religions. I wanted to have different religions, but there are so many XML files that you have to change. Maybe in the next version.
If it says Jewish you are Catholic. Christian= Orthodox. Islam= Shi'a. Hinduism= Sunni. Buddhist= Hinduism. Confucian= Buddhism. Taoist= Confucian

Thanks to Genghis Kai for the map and Traiano for the suggestions.
_________________________________________________________]

Scenario not working.
200 BC on GEM
The Civs are:
Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Britons, Germanic Tribes, Dacia, Slavic Tribes, Macedonia, Greece, Scythia, Seleucid, Armenia, Egypt, Meroe, Nok, Parthia, Indo-Greeks, Sunga, Satavahana, Xiongnu, Mon, Australasia, China, Nam-Viet, Korea, Japan, Chavin, Teotihuacan.

What is happening in the world:
Hannibal is about to cross the Alps and Parthia has begun its conquest of Seleucid. Greeks are attacking India. China is at war with Nam-Viet, Korea, and the powerful Xiongnu. New Civilizations are beginning around the world.

How to Install:
First install GEM Here.
Then download 200 BC Here and extract it to Beyond the Sword/Mods folder.

Problems:
Some of the religions are wrong. If it says that you are Jewish, you are Greek Mythology. Islam=Zoroastrianism. Taoism=Tribal religions.

Thanks to Genghis_Kai for the Map

Screen shots coming soon.

1300 AD on GEM!

The civs are (28) : Portugal, Castile/Aragon, France, England, Papal states, Wittlesbach, Hapsburg, Scandinavia, Marinids, Mamluks, Ethiopia, Hungary, Poland-Lithuania, Moscow, Byzantium, Ottomans, Il-Khawnate, Golden Horde, Timurlame, Delhi Sultanate, Bahmani Sultanate, Vijayanagar, Thailand, Yuan, Chagatai, Japan, Maya, and Venice.

What is happening in the world: In Western Europe, the 100 years war is going on and the Holy Roman empire is being fought over by the Wittelsbach and Hapsburg families. The Ottomans are waging war agenst the Byzantines, will they (Byzantines) survive? Timurlame is about to conquer a mighty empire. The Indian states are at war with the Delhi sultanate.

How to install: first, install GEM here: Giant earth map.
The download 1300 AD here and unzip it to your mods folder.

Problems: Religions- Jewish= in game Orthodox. Taoism=horsehockye.
Screen shots comming!!!

Sounds like cool stuff. CIV Gold 4.0 will have a Huns add-on, which uses the Mongol Camp (for the Huns): ask Wyz_sub10 or Fierabras for specifics. There's one or two medieval mods that use RC, Protestantism, Orthodoxism (plus PSYX is working on including it in his mod). I suggest repeating your question there or ask any of these guys.;)

1100 A.D. on GEM (Giant Earth Map)!!!
I am almost finished making it. Can someone please help me with the religions. I only need Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Sunni, Shia, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=240440

I also want to have Mongol camps from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=240172
Can someone please help me. How do you upload the file?:lol:

Glad to hear! :)

For the religions and Mongol camps that you've mentioned, I also wish to include them in GEM at some stage, together with more civs and leaderhead from civ gold. Maybe you would consider releasing what you have without these mod and add them later, as phase 2 or as a separate file.

As to uploading, just goto the download site, choose add a new file and then upload your zip file. It is not difficult ;)

1,100 A.D. is finished!
The civs are:
Castile-Leon, Aragon, Toulouse, France, England, Scandinavia,
Holy-Rome, Norman Italy, Bohemia, Poland, Russia, Hungary,
Byzantium, Almoravids, Fatimids, Ethiopia, Seljuks, Ghanznavids,
Western Chalukyas, Cholas, Kara-Khanids, Khmer, Mongols,
Jin, Song, and Japan

I will be adding more civs in the future to these 26.

What is happening in the world: In Europe, the Spanish reconquesta is beginning and the holy land is being protected. In the far east, Sung china faces a great foe, but somewhere in the steppes, an unknown menace will threaten the world.
This is the second scenario on GEM, 1,500 A.D. is here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261542

How to install: First, install the giant earth map here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253945

Then, unzip this to the mods folder: BTS only http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8592

Problems: On the first turn, you already have contact with everyone. I tried changing the WBS file, but on the next turn, the same thing happens. If anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE tell me.
Another problem are religions. I wanted to have different religions, but there are so many XML files that you have to change. Maybe in the next version.
If it says Jewish you are Catholic. Christian= Orthodox. Islam= Shi'a. Hinduism= Sunni. Buddhist= Hinduism. Confucian= Buddhism. Taoist= Confucian

Thanks to Genghis Kai for the map and The Navy Seal for the mongol camps.

Sorry, posted 2nd time.

On the first turn, you already have contact with everyone. I tried changing the WBS file, but on the next turn, the same thing happens. If anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE tell me.

Thanks to Genghis Kai for the map and The Navy Seal for the mongol camps.

I had the same problem with The Crusades! and someone told me it had to do with the Apostolic Palace not being assigned to any religion; if this be correct, giving the civ controlling it a State Religion would fix the problem.:goodjob:

BTW, really nice to see the Mongol Camp again! Will try this out myself ASAP.;)

:( Unfortunately, I got a "Failed to read..." message after selecting the 1100 AD map. (Are you sure installation instructions are correct? Does 1100 AD need to be installed in a separate Mods-folder - that is, not in the GEM-folder?)

:( Unfortunately, I got a "Failed to read..." message after selecting the 1100 AD map. (Are you sure installation instructions are correct? Does 1100 AD need to be installed in a separate Mods-folder - that is, not in the GEM-folder?)
No, it's a separate mods folder. Do you have BTS and the new patch? Do you already have GEM installed? I tried it out myself and everything worked fine.

I had the same problem with The Crusades! and someone told me it had to do with the Apostolic Palace not being assigned to any religion; if this be correct, giving the civ controlling it a State Religion would fix the problem.:goodjob:

BTW, really nice to see the Mongol Camp again! Will try this out myself ASAP.;)

I gave a state religion to Holy Rome and it did work. Will make it right soon. Screen shots coming soon.

I had no problems loading the game (Put the WBS file into MODS and Public Maps).
I played a little bit, until 1240, with the Northmen in southern Italy.
It looks very promising.

It loads, so far, surprisingly faster than the 1500 GEM.
This is a BIG plus.
I love 1500 AD, but at times - despite having 2 GB Ram - it really takes too long.

I noticed a few things that might be edited:

- Change to Henry the name of two leaderheads (England and Holy Roman Empire...If I remember), currently they are spelled as Henery.
I believe there is some other typo, that now eludes me. Will check it later.

- Rome is Judaism Holy City, might want to change it to Christianism.

- The colors of certain states that share borders are too similar: see France and the County of Toulouse or Hungary and Bohemia.

- The Northmen still have the Dun listed as their celtic special buildings.

Not sure if you planned to address any of these things, or if it were done on purpose, however I just thought it might have been helpful to mention it.

Thanks a lot for the great work.
I really dig the scenario!

With a little bit of labor limae might be great.

I tryed a game as the mongol tribes and have a question about the camps! How do they work??? (there is no text available) Do they provide a chance of extra units every turn? do i have to place them on a special terrain?
I play untill 1200 and nothing happend!

Please help!

No, it's a separate mods folder. Do you have BTS and the new patch? Do you already have GEM installed? I tried it out myself and everything worked fine.

I do. (And I started the mod first, then the map. Just thought: could it be the version of GEM that's the problem? I'll check and get back to you.)
anyway, thx for answering.;)

@Traiano: Good news on the faster playing time! (Wish I could play it already...)

Started a game as the Normans; looks like this might be great fun!:) I immediately sent over some reinforcements to Antioch and arrived just in time as the Turks quickly took Manazkert (Manzikert?), then started scouting through Antiochian lands to check out Byzantine defenses in Trebezond (Trebizond?).

(My mistake was to load GEM mod, not 1100 AD GEM...):blush:

Noticed some other name issues: Henery I and IV, Dyrrachiom (Dyrrhachium or Dyrrhachion), SURYAVARMAN I. Also, Jerusalem is NOT a Holy City. Also, the next when choosing the map reads: "While Spain and Portugal are". (Otherwise: looking fine so far!) Will check out the updated version next!;)

@raja2002: Earth 1000 AD and the Medieval Age will include the Mongol Camp, but it appears it can't just be copied and used as such. (Haven't tried the Mongols yet myself, but in the Mongols mod they spawn different units on different terrain.)

EDIT: Tried DLing again, but other than the zipfile name all files look exactly the same. (Couldn't unzip due to overwrite error on an unnamed file, so I checked by unzipping the files one by one.

Made many changes. New version coming soon. I wanted to ask, for the Mongol camps, is there something written about them in python? I only copied the XML files. Is it possible to copy them without python?

Are the spainish taking cities from the Almoravids? Is the holy land being conquered by the Seljuk or Fatimis? What happens in Europe? What has the game been like?

Are the spainish taking cities from the Almoravids? Is the holy land being conquered by the Seljuk or Fatimis?

Not really. I've restarted as Leon-Castile: they've got only 2 cities + something of an army, but before I could bring Lisbon's defenses down to zero little old Yusuf sent over a Maceman, which would bring up the defenses to 4 units, as against my attackers 5... (That's after the Mongols declared war on me - plus 6 building turns wasted on changing to better civics!):(

BTW, I hope your update includes a general overhaul of city's religions: both the Normans in Italy and the Spanish can only convert to Judaism. (Also I noticed Suryavarman - WHATS WITH THE CAPITALS? - is Confucianist instead of Buddhist, as he should be.

Haven't checked out any of the other civs, but I reckon this one, though promising, still needs a bit of work.:mischief:

Are the spainish taking cities from the Almoravids? Is the holy land being conquered by the Seljuk or Fatimis? What happens in Europe? What has the game been like?

IjNavy, Yesterday I wanted to elaborate on this subject but I forgot (FYI IpPlayed with Northman Italy until 1620AD).

The game is a not as dynamic as 1500 AD was.
In other words, not that many clash and changes.

Here is a breakdown of what happened in MY GAME:

- Seljuk Turks took over Antioch (from the Northmen) and Jerusalem (from the County of Toulouse) and they didnt really clash with the Bizantines.

- The Reconquista doesnt manage to take place. On the contrary, the Almoravids took over Saragozza in 1400.
Even the fact the Holy Roman Empire (very strong, top civilization with China and the Bizantines) had Aragon as vassal, didnt help much to attack the Almoravids and push them back.
I tried to attack them with the Northmen but to no avail (they took Tunis from me, I destroyed Tripoli) because I didnt manage to get iron resources (nobody that has it is willing to trade it, even with friendly relationships when they have 3 resources extra).

- Lot of wars between Bohemia, Hungary, Poland and Kiev Rus.
Poland lost Warsaw to Kiev Rus.
NOTE: I think there are two entries for Warsaw: Warsaw and Warsawa (3rd Polish city is Krakow...if I recall).

- The Mongols are at war with everyone, got forced to become vassal of China but then got free and are a decent power.

- England is a safe position but not very powerful, quite isolated and not involved.

- France and the County of Toulouse are at war with Fatimids and Seljuks for the whole game, but beside losing Jerusalem dont do too much in the Holy Land.

My two cents:

- Give more units in the Holy Land to France, Toulouse, Northmen and England.
Further deteriorate the relationship between Bizantines and Fatimids & Seljuks to trigger a major war.

- Increase the hostility toward the Almoravids, perhaps boosting Castille-Leon, Aragona and definitely involve a third party on their side (Toulouse, Holy Roman or the Normand Northmen).
It might lead to real clash.

- Holy Roman Empire is perhaps too strong. fragment Italy even further: you might want to create the Papal State civilization or maybe the Republic of Venice or of Genoa.

I am going to start a game as Aragona or Castille, to see what happens.
I want to stress the game is much faster than 1500 AD, and I'm really digging it.
It just needs the religion issue to be addressed in the future and to fix a few typos.

I forgot to add, in 1600 AD nobody yet was in the New World. France though, had a caravel in Maine...

p.s. Top civilizations (scorewise): Bizantines, China and Holy Roman Empire.
Weakest: Aragona, Tai and England
Even tough England is far from weak, perhaps just behind tech-wise.

Will get back to you with further feedback after the Spain game.

Top Bottom