Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization > Civ3 - Unit Graphics

Old Jul 09, 2002, 07:28 PM   #1
Kinboat
Conan the Librarian

New Unit SturmTiger

Here's a German WW2 PanzerMorser SturmTiger... basicly a large self propelled mortar for blowing up buildings I'd recommend making it a bombard unit, but give it a defense so it can defend itself and not just be captured.

Here's the link
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/P...SturmTiger.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panzermorser_preview.gif
Views:	6355
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	14907  
Kinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2002, 07:45 PM   #2
CivGeneral
Dremora Succubus General

Thumbs up

Great Job on the Strum Tiger .
"Night was created for adults. You should go home kid!" - Morrigan Aensland | "Ultimately, I really make these comics to please myself. The rest of you are just along for the ride. If you try to please other people, then you'll never be happy with what you've done." - David Morgan Mar
CivGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2002, 09:11 PM   #3
Polaris
Bald Knobber

Kinboat, this unit is really superb. Thank you for taking the time to make so many beautiful units for us.
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 03:40 AM   #4
W.i.n.t.e.r
Frozen!

Finally a great unit that makes it possible to use artillery as an offensive weapon and not just for defending strategic bottlenecks - I'll give mine the zone of control flag to use it as an attack support unit in the centre of the mellee; and bombardment over one or so tiles.

A slow yet highly effective weapon at close range

---

One question, though... (hate to B a pester, but) why is the cross white ? It is true the Germans used the white one, yet that was changed after the battle of France, at a time this Panzer did not exist yet... the cross ought to be black, with one white and one black frame around it...

"Look, I'm as British as Queen Victoria!"
Blackadder: "So, your father's German, you're half-German, and you married a German?"

Last edited by W.i.n.t.e.r; Jul 10, 2002 at 04:02 AM.
W.i.n.t.e.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 07:33 AM   #5
Kingpin
Private

Awesome, Kinboat!

I used the Multi-tool to add this unit before you had even finished it so I could have it in my current game. I am in Europe and the Germans are in Asia, essentially next door neighbours. I'm going to have to risk an early war so I don't have to face these Sturm Tigers!

Great work, as usual.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 08:22 AM   #6
Ed O'War
King

The Sturmtiger looks great. Finally we there's a unit that's close to being self-propelled artillery. What will your next project be?
Ed O'War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:45 AM   #7
Kinboat
Conan the Librarian

I response to the cross... um, I don't know I could say that on such a small scale the little white line wouldn't show up... but I really wasn't thinking too much. My original model had the cross as the civ-specific color but when I switched to the camo pattern I just made the cross white and didn't think about it sorry... As to my next project I'm uploading the Japanese Kha-Go Tank in a moment... then I'm going to try and finish up my Lancia Armored car before the weekend.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 07:05 PM   #8
AAGamer
Hauptman-JG53

Kinboat, Very nice unit.. This looks great Kudos to you and your creative talents.. Thanks..
Old Jul 14, 2002, 03:30 AM   #9
Pablostuka
Prince

German Cross

Hi, Kinboat!!! You have done a great work again, master!
About the German Cross, here is the Moray model of my STUG IV cross (.mdl archive). If you want, you can use it for future german tanks projects .
Bye!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip german_cross.zip (2.2 KB, 171 views)
Old Aug 02, 2002, 10:32 AM   #10
J C Woodman
Citizen Soldier

Re: New Unit SturmTiger

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kinboat
[B]Here's a German WW2 PanzerMorser SturmTiger...

Hello, I am loading your unit into my DYP scenario mod... Do the files (Civ unit, and unit editor) files have to be the usual exact copy of the zip file, re PanzerMorser Sturm Tiger, or can I call the editor file simply Sturm Tiger? Very cool lookin unit though!
Old Aug 02, 2002, 11:41 AM   #11
Level
Prince

You just have to have the unit in game, the folder, and the INI have the same name.
Call it Sturm Tiger.
My Civ 3 units: MechWalker, Rocket soldier, Hover Tank, Crawler, Hover Copter
Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2002, 12:29 PM   #12
Kinboat
Conan the Librarian

Yeah, you can rename it anything you want (Sturm Tiger works fine) and make sure the folder and the INI file are called the same thing like Level says
Old Aug 02, 2002, 01:29 PM   #13
J C Woodman
Citizen Soldier

LOL

Many thanks!! This/These unit(s) are very cool And I am getting better @ the loading/editing deal. I have loaded 85% of the units available on this forum into a DYP mod. edited scenario and will be launching it tonight! We will see if all this plays together nice More units please!!! You are all giving civ3 sooooo much more depth and playability!
Old Aug 02, 2002, 02:26 PM   #14
joespaniel
Deity

Kinboat, that is a really good looking unit. The little crane-arm lifting shells is too cool.

No one has made a good motorcycle unit yet. Like a german recon battalion scooter with a sidecar and machine gun.
Just food for thought...

Top-notch work! Thanks.
joespaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2002, 10:06 PM   #15
Kinboat
Conan the Librarian

Sounds interesting but I have yet to do a decent human model... the Rider wouldn't require too much animation so I might try it but my list keeps growing and growing and I'm bogging myself down trying to do every suggestion I come across
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:17 AM   #16
joespaniel
Deity

Understood. Dont get burnt out.

btw - 2 more posts and you can load a custom avatar!
joespaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2002, 12:21 PM   #17
J C Woodman
Citizen Soldier

Question Name game...

Quote:
Originally posted by Level
You just have to have the unit in game, the folder, and the INI have the same name.
Call it Sturm Tiger.
Well heck, I tried this last evening. Changed name to Sturm Tiger, checked that files, and .ini where all identical... and the unit crashes when selected to build. Now I do seem to be having this prob w/ re-named units, so the obvious next step is to change names back but I am stumped as to why the name changes are not working. I am updated to Civ3 ver. 1.29 and all
Ideas oh great and wise ones...
Old Aug 25, 2002, 01:29 AM   #18
kemal69
Prince

Another pedia entry, hope its of some use to someone.

#PRTO_PanzerMorser
^
^
^The first truly effective self propelled mortar unit, the [PanzerMorser SturmTiger] can bombard targets two squares distant with rocket high-explosive shells. The Sturmtiger has no attack value but a defense comparable to that of tanks. The unit is slow to move but ideal for offensive attack support.
^
^A city needs $LINK<oil=GOOD_Oil> in its $LINK<Strategic Resource=GCON_ResourcesS> box to build a Sturmtiger.
#DESC_PRTO_PanzerMorser
^
^
^The Sturmtiger was a fierce destructive mean fighting machine, it was an extremely powerful, potent and fearsome weapon. This armored fighting vehicle was armed with an RW 61 mortar-projector rocket launcher which had a caliber of 38cm of enormous demolishing power.
^
^The first Sturmtigers were committed to the street fighting against polish rebels during the Warsaw uprising in August 1944 and instantly destroyed a large number of enemy-occupied buildings with single rockets which immediately brought the uprising to an abrupt halt!. High-angle fire from these heavy weapons inflicted major damage on enemy artillery and infantry positions. Allied forces in the sector which came under fire from a Sturmtiger were paralyzed for several hours after being hit by this weapon, it spread terror and confusion among the enemy.
^
^The 38cm 4581 rocket high-explosive shells fired by the RW 61rocket projector had a length of 1.54 meters and weighed 350 kilograms of which 125 kilograms was the explosive charge. The rockets were dangerous weapons whose effect on morale--especially at night--was enormous. For several seconds following impact the sky became fire-red, the shockwave followed seconds later and then an ear-shattering thunderclap. The effect in the target area was so paralyzing that the enemy required hours to recover from the shock. Each Sturmtiger could carry thirteen rockets which constituted a considerable amount of firepower. Thus, the Sturmtiger was a rocket-firing new war machine development which was as cruel as it was effective.
Attached Files
File Type: txt panzermorserpedia.txt (2.0 KB, 146 views)
Old Aug 25, 2002, 03:02 AM   #19
W.i.n.t.e.r
Frozen!

Re: Name game...

Quote:
Originally posted by J C Woodman

Well heck, I tried this last evening. Changed name to Sturm Tiger, checked that files, and .ini where all identical... and the unit crashes when selected to build. Now I do seem to be having this prob w/ re-named units, so the obvious next step is to change names back but I am stumped as to why the name changes are not working. I am updated to Civ3 ver. 1.29 and all
Ideas oh great and wise ones...
U changed ALL files .... you ONLY have to change the name of the Folder and the Name of the Ini !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Ini itself contains the entries to all other files to be loaded !

"Look, I'm as British as Queen Victoria!"
Blackadder: "So, your father's German, you're half-German, and you married a German?"
W.i.n.t.e.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2002, 04:57 AM   #20
Kinboat
Conan the Librarian

Sorry I didn't reply earlier J C Woodman... must have missed the post... As W.i.n.t.e.r says you only need to change the folder and INI to the same name... You can change the name of the other files but then you need to change them as they are listed in the INI file which is more work. And Kemal69 must really like my units This is the second civilopedia he's made today Thanks.