[BUILDINGS] Railroads! Industrial Revolution

Vehem

Modmod Monkey
I've just added the Industrial Buildings from Railroads! to the FileDB - 29 in all, some with varying styles (US/Eurocentric). They have been modified for use with Civ4, primarily by the removal of all "SkinInstance" nodes from the .nif as Civ4 does not appear to use these (and will not display the building in-game if they are present).

Example Screenshots
Spoiler Cannery :

Spoiler Factory :

Spoiler Newspaper :

Download Links
Industrial Revolution Part 1
Industrial Revolution Part 2

EDIT: Texture for red light on hospital
(post about the above issue is here)

Have you considered "cutting off" some excessive details in these buildings? They appear to be very high-poly for Civ. In some of them, this can easily be done in NifSkope (like removing hens from Cattle Ranch); in other some excessively detailed parts can be cut away in Blender - that's what I did when importing stuff from Railroads a while ago.

Have you considered "cutting off" some excessive details in these buildings? They appear to be very high-poly for Civ. In some of them, this can easily be done in NifSkope (like removing hens from Cattle Ranch); in other some excessively detailed parts can be cut away in Blender - that's what I did when importing stuff from Railroads a while ago.

The buildings themselves are quite low poly, though some of the "fine detail" (such as cars and animals) can add quite a few. I've just had a play around on my machine with them and couldn't make it slow down, but I must admit it's not easy to slow down this box anyway. On the whole though, they're not as high poly as they initially appear - Firaxis has done wonders with the textures.

In anycase - building improvements are relatively sparse (compared to units) and not being animated helps reduce the overhead too. If it does become a problem for certain buildings, as you said, Nifskope can remove the higher-poly elements quite easily at the digression of the modder using them.

these look very nice.

download doesn't work for me either.
get " Warning: copy(./downloads/97383-industries.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 706
ERROR: File not found." when i try to download

these look very nice.

download doesn't work for me either.
get " Warning: copy(./downloads/97383-industries.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 706
ERROR: File not found." when i try to download

Should be back once the servers are moved back over I think (if you check the main page - CivFanatics is having a hiccup just now). I test downloaded them both earlier and it seemed fine, and a number of other downloads are unavailable right now.

EDIT: Info post is here.

They look cool, but just one thing I have to pick. ;)
They have been modified for use with Civ4, primarily by the removal of all "SkinInstance" nodes from the .nif as Civ4 does not appear to use these (and will not display the building in-game if they are present).
Civ 4 uses "SkinInstances" all the time. Anything that moves has a Skin Instance. I believe it was that the animations particularly aligned with these buildings were not compatible with the sort of engine Civ IV uses for buildings-perhaps. A different NIF version.

me too. It probably needs to be re-uploaded. Could you kindly do that sir. These buildings are nearly perfect for the mod I'm working on as well. :) Heck with all these additions I may as well list you as a team member.

please re-upload ;)

Shiggs

They look cool, but just one thing I have to pick. ;)

Civ 4 uses "SkinInstances" all the time. Anything that moves has a Skin Instance. I believe it was that the animations particularly aligned with these buildings were not compatible with the sort of engine Civ IV uses for buildings-perhaps. A different NIF version.

I stand corrected - I only looked over some of the static buildings and noticed that the ones that weren't displaying had one whilst the others didn't - it may well be a difference with the NIF version, there have certainly been a few revisions over the years.

Shiggs713 said:
me too. It probably needs to be re-uploaded. Could you kindly do that sir. These buildings are nearly perfect for the mod I'm working on as well. Heck with all these additions I may as well list you as a team member.

please re-upload

Shiggs

Just re-uploaded both and it seems to be working for now... Let me know if there are any issues when the server moves back to it's original home.

thank you Vehem. Great job :thumbsup:

edit: I found a small problem with the hospital. The little canopy in the front shows up as a pink blob. So far the others I've tested look fine.

thank you Vehem. Great job :thumbsup:

edit: I found a small problem with the hospital. The little canopy in the front shows up as a pink blob. So far the others I've tested look fine.

I've checked the nif file and the missing texture is "red_glow.dds" - it's not part of the Industries.fpk, so I'll have a look through the others to see if I can track it down.

Alternatively, you can make the canopy whatever colour you want by creating a dds with that name - but I suspect the original will be more useful so I'll post it if I can find it.

EDIT: Turns out that the "canopy" is actually a light. If you add the DDS in the attached file to the Hospital directory, it should show up fine.

Attachments

• red_glow.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 386
Really great work !
But I have a problem with the coal mine, the mine is asleep on its left side.
???

:confused:

Top Bottom