Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Tribal Council

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This is the poll to select the first Prime Faction.

Factions Eligible for Prime Faction

Alphabetically listed:

Timus the Protector and his Men Leader: Methos, traits Imperialistic and Protective (Timus, Dutchfire, and one more member to be named as future officials)

Triad Coalition
Leader: Shattered, traits Aggressive and Philosophical (Names written in Coalition Platform, with Stider of Atlantis and NZL of Warlords)

Tribal Council Leader: Daveshack, traits: Financial and Indutrious (Some of the names written in Coalition Platform, kwarriorpoet & lord_joakim)

This poll is private and will be open for 3 days. Should no faction receive more than 1/2 the votes, a runoff will be conducted between the top two, or all 3 if there is a tie for 2nd.

I'm glad I thought to check the polls forum. I thought this opened tomorrow night at 8 pm EDT! :lol:

The Church and it's followers (AKA the Triad Coalition).

POWER TO THE TRIAD!! (My new catchphrase. I kinda like it :) )

Go triad, go

All faction names start with a T. Coincidence?

Vote for Timus!

I would like to point out that the Faction of Timus the Protector has a lot of game playing quality. Methos and I are both Hall of Fame Quattromasters, and together we have roughly two dozen #1 games in the HOF. We also have experience in Succession games, multi-team demogames and of course the normal Demogame. Methos was our first term leader in civ4 Demogame 2 (if my memory serves me well), and I have been leader in both civ4 DG1 and DG2.

We have been on these forums for years, and Methos, our faction leader has even become a moderator of these forums. We can trust him as a moderator, so we can trust him as our leader too.

I don't want this to become another debate thread, lol. Wondering if we should be posting advertisements and personal sentiments here?

Hmmm...I whole heartedly agree...

pat123 said:
That's right guys, the polls for Prime Faction are officially open!! I am here with the very first (as far as I know) Civ4 "Get Out the (Pro-Triad) Vote" Drive. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last month, (or undecided) The Sacred Triad is the faction for you!!

Our fearless leader, Shattered, bringer of the rains, foreseer of the techs, along with NZL and Strider , is asking you to get out there and vote, vote, vote!! I'm not going to bog down this thread with platform lingo (that is found in the Triad Coalition platform thread!) and long debate. Just know that in the world as led by Shattered, prosperity will reign, crops will grow, cheese will fall from the skies!! Your voice will be heard, your disputes justly solved; you will have land, fellowship, and a prosperous empire that streches from sea to shining sea!!

If guilds are your cup of tea, know that we are aligned with virtually every guild on these forums, including the Church of Giruvegan and the evergrowing Monks of Magma, alongside the newly formed Brothers Material!!

So, what'll we vote? TRIAD!! (clap)

When will we vote it? NOW!! (clap)

What'll we vote? TRIAD!! (clap)

POWER TO THE TRIAD!! WHOO!

This is from my Pro-Triad GOTV thread! :goodjob:

The Triad is a fair alliance of three like-minded people: I hope that the novel and good solutions brought by the Triad, proven by its broad support base, should be convincing enough. We also hope to bring some much needed new blood to this game, and not have the positions recycled among veterans forever. Part of playing this game is to allow for new people and new ideas to assume responsibility, aside from rewarding moderation privileges and experience from other game forums and demogames as a default qualifier (Two of the faction leaders are moderators, and it would be good for the game to get a new player in the leadership position).

Vote Triad for a real change.

Vote Triad for change! It brings the best of all worlds, the Philosophers, Warlords and Atlanteans! We are equipped for all situations and events. We are your choice.

Some comments (not related to the election in itself):

When I created the faction based system I was expected some additional work to get it to this point, but now I found myself pleasantly mistaken. At first I believed that we would find ourselves with only 2 powerful factions and we'd have to work on "splintering" more.

Obviously, we have 5 powerful factions (although three of those formed a coalition) and several powerful guilds that can also compete if they so chose. Even better? We haven't degraded to the point of insults, flames, or the like to push our factions position. Even better? People seem pretty excited about the rebellion so far! It's been awhile since we had people posting in other threads telling people to vote.

Success thus far tastes rather sweet!

I also think that private forums helped out a bit, as new ideas are not attacked on sight, so that they survive the infant stage to be developed to completion by those that want to elaborate on that idea as a group, and not let themselves be overrun and vetoed by those that discourage the idea and blemish the originators. Now these forces have less influence, which makes for a more civilized civilization game.

Hmmm...I whole heartedly agree...

pat123 said:
That's right guys, the polls for Prime Faction are officially open!! I am here with the very first (as far as I know) Civ4 "Get Out the (Pro-Triad) Vote" Drive. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last month, (or undecided) The Sacred Triad is the faction for you!!

Our fearless leader, Shattered, bringer of the rains, foreseer of the techs, along with NZL and Strider , is asking you to get out there and vote, vote, vote!! I'm not going to bog down this thread with platform lingo (that is found in the Triad Coalition platform thread!) and long debate. Just know that in the world as led by Shattered, prosperity will reign, crops will grow, cheese will fall from the skies!! Your voice will be heard, your disputes justly solved; you will have land, fellowship, and a prosperous empire that streches from sea to shining sea!!

If guilds are your cup of tea, know that we are aligned with virtually every guild on these forums, including the Church of Giruvegan and the evergrowing Monks of Magma, alongside the newly formed Brothers Material!!

So, what'll we vote? TRIAD!! (clap)

What'll we vote? TRIAD!! (clap)

POWER TO THE TRIAD!! WHOO![/QUOTE]

This is from my Pro-Triad GOTV thread! :goodjob:

Edit: Can someone tell me how to fix my quote? Please?

I believed your end-quote needs a back-slash.

Top Bottom