• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Moding and Editor Question Thread:

RedwallFortress

Necromancer Emperor
Moding and Editor Question Thread:

I’ve opened this Thread for myself, and for other people who have Question about Moding and the Editor they would like answered.

I have tried looking at the Tutorials, and while they proved very helpful, I still have some unanswered Questions.
So I will Post them here, and :) hopefully someone who knows the answer will see them, and Reply.

First Question:
Can someone tell me how to add new Terrain, and City Graphics to a Scenario?

In the folder you create for your scenario create an art folder inside the art folder create a Cities folder \Conquests\Scenarios\Your Scenario\Art\Cities. for terrain \Conquests\Scenarios\Your Scenario\Art\Terrain.
The files you place in those folders will then be used as long as the biq scenario search properties is set to your scenario folder.

In the folder you create for your scenario create an art folder inside the art folder create a Cities folder \Conquests\Scenarios\Your Scenario\Art\Cities. for terrain \Conquests\Scenarios\Your Scenario\Art\Terrain.
The files you place in those folders will then be used as long as the biq scenario search properties is set to your scenario folder.

Thanks, I'll try it right away!!!

Second Question:
How do you Open .pcx Files?

I have a question, what exactly is a palette and how does it affect civ?

A palette is a given, finite set of colors (256 for a pcx) for the management of digital images (that is, a color palette). Civ uses the palette to determine alpha (transparancy)colors. Because a PCX is also a compressed image allowing smaller file sizes it became a popular format for games.

Sure do not flag any units as "invisible". However the so called sub bug works to the advantage of any civilization with war weariness in their government type.

The sub bug is half the fun with using invisible units! I use it a lot in my African Cold War scenario, to the desired effect (i.e., creating lots of wars due to government x stumbling upon an insurgent group commanded by state y)

What about this: giving all the units both the “Invisible and See Invisible tags?”

The AI would use Invisible Tagged Unit more Aggressively then regulars, but at the same time would be able to see them thus probably avoiding the “Sub Bug.”

Has anyone tried this, and seen what the AI would behave like?

What about this: giving all the units both the “Invisible and See Invisible tags?”

The AI would use Invisible Tagged Unit more Aggressively then regulars, but at the same time would be able to see them thus probably avoiding the “Sub Bug.”

Has anyone tried this, and seen what the AI would behave like?
If every unit has both the invisible and see invisible tag then you have negated the purpose and might as well not use them.
I do not envision the AI using them more aggressively.

The only other thing you could do about is give all the "sub" units hidden nationality. But that's practically a bug in itself since the AI will the go star-crazy hunting them down, "see invisible" or no.

Hide Nationality doesn't entirely work anyway - if you see a unit belonging to someone else with the HN flag, you can't contact them.
If an Artificial Idiot controlled player sees it, they'll be able to contact you.
And they hunt down HN units with the first available see HN flagged unit, but that might just be in my tweaked out mod.

There is a detect invisible flag, however I have never seen a "see" hidden nationality flag. Are you using a cracked editor?

No, I wasn't paying attention and put the wrong thing down.
Though it would be a nice addition, a flag that allows you to see the owner of units with HN.

Do's the AI still Auto Raze even with the No Raze Patch?

I have installed the Patch and while there seens to be less Razing overall, the AI keeps destroying the same couple of cities every time I playtest.

These Cities both have a population of 2, a culture of less then 20 and are just one square away from another City.

Do's this couse a Auto Raze that the Patch can't prevent?

Top Bottom