Aurora Class Starfury (Babylon 5)

The_Coyote

Emperor
Hi,

next model (# 20), needed a little rest from underwater units and airplanes ;)

Aurora Class Starfury from the Babylon 5 series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfury

the model is relativ polygon high, has 1593 vertices and 1882 triangels
(i already reworked the model to reduce the polycount, this had around 1150 vertices in blender before exporting, the first version had around 2000)

the model comes with a 256 team colour skin and two nifs:

one animated version (fighter animation)
one not animated version (starfury_unlinked)

scale picture: 0.65

the skin need perhaps still a little (give the side and some other place the metal plate effect, perhaps i will do later)

If somebody want to reskin this one, i can offer you my xcf (Gimp) file of the skin (1024 size) which could help

but now back to the sub, somebody wanted a Gato (has somebody found a top view?)

added to db: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9161

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• Aurora_starfury.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Demo.jpg
    Demo.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 897
Time to ban Garret... ;)

Beautiful stuff Coyote. More to come in this vein I hope.

Thanks, looks good ingame.
Now i'll have to add some future techs to my personal mod :)

:run::trophy2::woohoo::trophy2: :run:

Great work The_Coyote!!!! :D, you have become a personal hero of mine, as I'm working in a Final Frontier Babylon 5 mod and we're in need of unit graphics, can we hire you?? There's plenty of :beer: in our team!

Thank you very much, I'll mod the starfury, and release a new version within the next few hours.

Thanks again!

@ thanks a lot :)

@ Premier Valle

i´m aware of the mod, one of the reason why i made this one ;). Perhaps there will be some B5 models in the future (must still find good 3 side planes), but be aware i can´t made custom animation.

btw. i´m sure there is a E3 Sentry out, why you still demand one in your sig ;)

i´m aware of the mod, one of the reason why i made this one ;). Perhaps there will be some B5 models in the future (must still find good 3 side planes), but be aware i can´t made custom animation.

I'm glad to hear... read that!:), We'll be looking forward for any future models you make.
About the ships views, @ www.b5tech.com there are some, like the Omega Class Destroyer or the Warlock, there are a few others.
On the animations, I believe we can reuse the CivIV and FF ones.

Thanks!, and here are some :beer: in advance.

btw. i´m sure there is a E3 Sentry out, why you still demand one in your sig ;)

:eek: :p, I had already downloaded it, and yet I forgot to remove the request from my sig :crazyeye:.

awesome!!!!!!!!

finally someone talanted pruduces some scifi models!!!!!!!!

great model!!!

id worship you if yo indeed get some more scifi models as woodelf suggested!!!

i wish more star ship units would be made - for star trek mod, b5 mod....

great cooll aweosme sweet work!

p.s

if i may ask,
what is the best guide you suggest i use to learn to make models form the ones on the site here?

what is the best guide you suggest i use to learn to make models form the ones on the site here?

i am not complete sure if i understood your question right,

if you want to make models it depends which program you want to use (i use blender, good wiki-book, from noob to pro (making the wolf is a good example for model making), for Gmax there is a good P38 tutorial (i started first). Both programs are for free.
for the rest, there are a lot of good tutorials here (Nifskope, importing from blender, etc.).

you can also look on made model to figure out how other person made the model (to see how much vertices they need to model something)

for a good texture tutorial look here:
http://www.colacola.se/howto_texttut.htm

Top Bottom