Nukes

raigainousa

Stelthy Jet
Some suggestions on nukes in Civ4

1. Remove the "global warming" effect. Instead, make it spontaneous after the start of the modern times.
2. There must be an A-Bomb Unit that can bring total destruction to a tile. For cities with more than 5 population, 1 population must remain; if lower than 5, it is automatically destroyed.
3. After completing the Fusion Tech, you get a Hydrogen Bomb. It can destroy a 3x3 tile, just like an ICBM.
4. Once a civ completes rocketry, it will get three units: ICBM, tactical nuke, and SLBM. SLBM can only be lauched on a submarine and has a fixed range of 6x6 tiles(diamond-shaped).
5. When a unit crosses a fallout, a percentage of its health is reduced each turn. The longewr
6. Add a "Nuclear Test:nuke:" command to a bomb, and adds +20 beakers to a tech that is being researched.

Nuclear Test:nuke:

1. In order to start a series of nuclear test, you must first select a 4x4 or 6x6 part of land that can be either on land or on sea. :nuke:
2. By conducting a nuclear test, 20 beakers are automatically added.:nuke:
3. In each improvement built on the ground zero, it adds 1 beaker to the tech being researched.:nuke:
4. But for every nuclear test, the fallout on the ground zero becomes more powerful, and it is carried bu the wind on unpredictable ways.:nuke:
5. Last, but not the least, the site can be closed if there is too much radioactivity, or can be cleaned by workers.:nuke:

Please reply to this post if you can suggest more.

i completely agree that the "global warming" effect should be gotten rid of, cause global warming had been going on even before nukes.

instead of the Manhattan Project being a world wonder, it should be national. and when you do nuclear testing it adds to production of the project.

I thought it was a world wonder in civ III too. I really don't understand the Manhattan Project in Civ, I mean why does it give EVERYONE access to the Nuke, the whole point is that its a race, was it too overpowering?

I thought it was a world wonder in civ III too. I really don't understand the Manhattan Project in Civ, I mean why does it give EVERYONE access to the Nuke, the whole point is that its a race, was it too overpowering?

but we must refer to history. when the united states completed the manhattan project, only the U.S. had a nuclear weapon. The Soviet Union had to develop its own nuclear weapon.

Yes yes that is what I am saying, exactly, the Germans were working on a design too during the Second World war, nearly developed a successful weapon I believe, imagine if they had.

Wait were you being sarcastic?

Yes yes that is what I am saying, exactly, the Germans were working on a design too during the Second World war, nearly developed a successful weapon I believe, imagine if they had.

Wait were you being sarcastic?

OK, here's a notion; you can build the Manhattan Project, or you can steal the ability to build nukes from someone who has via espionage, or trade for it, or pass it through alliances if some of the more sophisticated alliance options mentioned in other threads recently are implemented; but you can't get it by research alone.

What about national wonders? Or even a resource style tech, so you could either develop your own or get it off someone else, either by stealing it or trading, or sharing. Perhaps a team project, requiring test detonations that can either be done in a specially constructed bunker, this is a requirement once some kind of ban is imposed. So you build a missile, an enrichment facility and then a warhead, then test the weapon either on a remote island (Bikini) or in a Nuclear test facility.

OK, here's a notion; you can build the Manhattan Project, or you can steal the ability to build nukes from someone who has via espionage, or trade for it, or pass it through alliances if some of the more sophisticated alliance options mentioned in other threads recently are implemented; but you can't get it by research alone.

i dont think anyone would trade how to make a nuke, no matter wat kind of friendship they had. and nukes should also be used in negotiation. such as this simulated conversation.

Leader 1 "Give me your coal."

Leader 2 "Never"

Leader 1 "Give me your coal or else"

Leader 2 "Never"

Leader 1 Give me your coal or I will launch a nuclear bomb on to your soil"

Leader 2 "Ok, you can have my coal"

Aye but I think Nukes should have dire diplomatic consequences so using one for that situation would probably end up with everyone hating the aggressor, "-10 You nuked someone over COAL!"

Yep, but put in a nuclear winter effect instead.

This would only happen after a large nuclear exchange, wherein fallout from all nukes will hit ALL civilizations and famine and high mortality rate and if your civ did not survive, game over.

What about national wonders? Or even a resource style tech, so you could either develop your own or get it off someone else, either by stealing it or trading, or sharing. Perhaps a team project, requiring test detonations that can either be done in a specially constructed bunker, this is a requirement once some kind of ban is imposed. So you build a missile, an enrichment facility and then a warhead, then test the weapon either on a remote island (Bikini) or in a Nuclear test facility.

Additional points:

When a test is conducted, it will add survial potential to a bomb shelter, improvement, or to the military units being produced. Please read the first post.

This would only happen after a large nuclear exchange, wherein fallout from all nukes will hit ALL civilizations and famine and high mortality rate and if your civ did not survive, game over.

I was thinking more, each nuclear explosion contributes to a build-up towards a nuclear winter, in the same way as each regular pollution event contributes to build-up toward a global warming event.

I agree that it must be a national wonder. Either that you build it to deter enemy civs, or receive the attack. Noit only that, spies can also be sent to steal data; the rival does not lose it, but it is added to your effort.

When a test is conducted, it will add survial potential to a bomb shelter, improvement, or to the military units being produced

I think that there should be a promotion defending one self against a nuclear bomb. Such as the anti bio warfare promotion avaliable in the Next War mod.

Maybe a city smaller than with a pop of 5 or lower is insta destroyed. Hydrogen bombs would have a wider area of effect.
Maybe the UN should be changed as well. More resolutions for nukes would be appreciated. You can
Ban nuclear research
Ban nuclear weapon production for nuclear capable nations*
No nuclear proliferation**
Limit nuclear production***
Ban nuclear testing****
etc

Besides, nukes cause winter, not warming. Warming should start after coal and oil is discovered or something. Nukes should also be a diplomatic tool as well. Declare Peace with Civ A or risk being nuke. Nukes should be deterrents.

*Any nation that can build nukes AFTER the resoulution is passed isn't included
**I wish I could sell nukes and stuff, lol. Selling it to the weak Pacal to aid him against Isabella.
***Not ban nukes, but limit the number a nation can have.
****Of course, like *, nations that gain nukes AFTER this is pass aren't included.

Ban nuclear research
Ban nuclear weapon production for nuclear capable nations*
No nuclear proliferation**
Limit nuclear production***
Ban nuclear testing****

However; any civ must be capable of violating it; hence, will recieve negative diplomacy. And yes, any civ who have the nuke after it was signed is still part of the treaty.

Nice idea, but negative diplomacy to who? If everyone, then there would be no real incentive to do anything.

Maybe there could be Civic options too, pro nuke or anti nuke.

The person who breaks the treaty receives diplomatic "damage" from the civs that support the treaty, ie those that voted for it.

I think maybe it shouldn't be possible to ban nukes, bioweapons and general weapons of mass destruction until after one has been used, or at least tested, think of it that the world doesn't know how deadly they are until they are used.

Top Bottom