Revolution Inquisition

Maybe something similar to combat this could be an espionage mission that hopefully causes a split in massive religions much like revolutions does for civilizations. Maybe we could have a "reformationist" spy to use against other religions. I don't know, that might be going too far though, although I have heard about a mod that simulates religion splits.

I like the part where religions split, still Jerusalem is the holy city of Christianity, both for orthodox and catholic.

The reason rome whas "the holy city" whas becouse the apostlic palace whas there but still the holy city whas Jerusalem. Ever heard of crusades ordered by the pope to take back "The holy land". The holy land whas not in Rome. :p

Constantinople whas "the holy city" becouse that whas the capital of east roman empire later known as the Byzantine empire.

PS. i still want the inqusitor not to fully take away religion but make it very small in a city.

jdog5000
hey,

i got some problem with rev inq,

for some reason after founding some religions, when learning code of laws, it asks what religion to found,
i have 10 religions in my mod, is there any limitation that you wrote with the inquisition code? anything that can cause a ctd?

jdog5000
hey,

for some reason after founding some religions, when learning code of laws, it asks what religion to found,
i have 10 religions in my mod, is there any limitation that you wrote with the inquisition code? anything that can cause a ctd?
Nothing I know of, I copied most of the inquisition code though so I can't vouch for all of it. A ctd means it's something in the SDK part of the game, though it can happen because of something in the python portion. The inquisition pieces are all in Python.

Any thought of the Religious victory coming into this merge??

I'd do it myself if I knew how.

Rel. victory and inquisition go well together.

jdog5000
hey,

I thought bmarz included a religion limiter in it. its spposed to pop-up

Right now I'm actually working on merging Revolution into the WOC project for their future release which I think will be a better long term solution. They've already got a good implementation of Inquisitions in their pack, don't know about Religious Victory but if not they'd definitely add that as well.

That said, if anyone would like to look in to doing this I'll happily make you uploader for Revolution Inquisition.

Wow. I didn't even notice that it didn't come with it since I merged it into my personal mod.

It's amazingly easy to add.

Edit: The text file didn't save the path. Put the text file in the text dir.

Attachments

• CIV4VictoryInfo.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for this mod. How easy is it for a religion to spread back into a city by osmosis after it has been removed?

If a religion was eraseable, but that it could easily spread back into the city (like very easily by osmosis), then that would be good in my opinion. This would match with reality, where you cannot really get rid of a religion that exists in the minds and the hearts of the people in the long term.

If Inquisitions could be used just as a short term fix by humans and AI's to get the threat of rebellion down a little, a bit like how a bribe works in Revolutions. (A bribe is a secular way of reducing the probability of rebellion and an inquisitor is a non-secular way of doing it). What I mean is that an inquisition is about a short term purge. Bad luck if the religion is likely to re-emerge and another rebellion looms again. Like a bribe, an inquisition is just about the possibility of removing the threat of the collapse of law and order and the possible domino effect throughout the civ. I guess the risk of collapse thanks to an inquisition should be similar to a bribe then?

Is this how it works the way it has been implemented? Not an easy balance. If it's a good implementation, I'll maintain this mod up to date no problem. ;)

Cheers.

Wow. I didn't even notice that it didn't come with it since I merged it into my personal mod.

It's amazingly easy to add.

Edit: The text file didn't save the path. Put the text file in the text dir.

Thanks Duuk. Much appreciated. I just play rel. victories these days. It makes a good game I think.

glider1 said:
If a religion was eraseable, but that it could easily spread back into the city (like very easily by osmosis), then that would be good in my opinion.

The thing is you usually are in Theocracy so there's no osmosis - only burning.

As mice said, by default you have to be in Theocracy to be able to launch Inquisitions ... this handles the question of osmosis. There are no other particular anti-osmosis effects in the mod, though if you have your state religion in the city already it decreases the chances of others appearing, at least in the early game.

The real threat for trying an Inquisition is when they fail, you'll see a temporary boost to unhappiness as well as a boost to RevIndex if your Inquisitor fails.

Glider, I made you the uploader for this mod ... if you go to Downloads/My Files you should see it there. I've got my hands full with Revolution so I hope you will maintain this pack! If you change your mind, just switch it back to me or flip it to someone else.

Glider, I made you the uploader for this mod ... if you go to Downloads/My Files you should see it there. I've got my hands full with Revolution so I hope you will maintain this pack! If you change your mind, just switch it back to me or flip it to someone else.

Yeah no problems Jdog yes you would have your hands full with the bigger picture for Revolutions! That's ok. I've taken a look at the code from a "novice" point of view. Here are some observations:

- There are no markers to indicate when Inquisitions code starts or ends (not serious and pretty obvious where the code is)

- The xml's appear to have many small changes to other units which are not related to Inquisitions (can be detected and ignored using WinMerge)

- You can't turn the component on or off (important)

I only mention this because of merge-ability that's all. I have done a merge of RevolutionDCM 0.6 and Inquistions 1.0 just as an experiment which gives me some authority to comment on that. That has been uploaded if anyone wants to try.

Although I'm not sure Inquisitions is a great addition to the already wonderful Revolutions, if you can turn it on or off as a custom option that would keep everyone happy.

Cheers and thanks for more creative ideas. ;)

)

I only mention this because of merge-ability that's all. I have done a merge of RevolutionDCM 0.6 and Inquistions 1.0 just as an experiment which gives me some authority to comment on that. That has been uploaded if anyone wants to try.

Yes, I'll have a game of that :) Is it somewhere for me to dl ?

For the meantime, the latest build of Inquisitions can be found at the RevolutionDCM download (see signature):

In RevolutionDCM but not in Inquisitions 1.00 there is an extra AI filter applied to the use of an Inquisitor. Only AI's that possess the top 33% most influential religions on the globe will consider conducting an Inquisition if the correct conditions are met. This makes AI inquisitions uncommon, and if they are conducted, it will only be the big religious states doing so. This is the first tentative step towards emulating the Spanish Succession in Europe and the Grand Inquisitor.

There are a few other issues thus far:
1) If there are two or more holy religions founded in the same holy city, the non-state holy religion(s) get's booted out for ever. This is very rare but possible on tiny maps where significant religious states may only ever have three cities increasing the likelyhood of such an event.

2) Inquisitor's are invisible like spies. The AI won't use them for exploration but cheeky humans could be tempted to explore rival civs with impunity instead of using spies as they rightfully should :mischief:

Cheers.

For the meantime, the latest build of Inquisitions can be found at the RevolutionDCM download (see signature):

In RevolutionDCM but not in Inquisitions 1.00 there is an extra AI filter applied to the use of an Inquisitor. Only AI's that possess the top 33% most influential religions on the globe will consider conducting an Inquisition if the correct conditions are met. This makes AI inquisitions uncommon, and if they are conducted, it will only be the big religious states doing so. This is the first tentative step towards emulating the Spanish Succession in Europe and the Grand Inquisitor.

There are a few other issues thus far:
1) If there are two or more holy religions founded in the same holy city, the non-state holy religion(s) get's booted out for ever. This is very rare but possible on tiny maps where significant religious states may only ever have three cities increasing the likelyhood of such an event.

2) Inquisitor's are invisible like spies. The AI won't use them for exploration but cheeky humans could be tempted to explore rival civs with impunity instead of using spies as they rightfully should :mischief:

Cheers.

Yeah, I have a question. I downloaded RevolutionDCM and merged Wolfshanze into it, and most of the stuff is working. However, I can't seem to get Inquisition to work. It appears as Disabled in the pop-up that appears when you start a new game or load an old one, so I know it is in the mod somewhere. How do I go about enabling it? It is not in the GlobalDefines file like the rest of the plugins are.

@OnionSoldier
Sorry about the confusion. Inquisitions was in RevolutionDCM up to the end of BTS 3.13. Now that BTS 3.17 is here, Inquisitions is dead until I revive it (very soon). Keep an eye on the RevolutionDCM mod forum. It should make a reappearance within days.

On the Wolf merge, Phungus has done a merge of RevolutionDCM with Wolf as well. Check out post 422 of the RevolutionDCM forum.
Cheers.

At this point, Revolutions Inquisitions is taking on a new life now that OrionVeteran has completed another phase of improving the original Inquisitions mod.

Initially medium term, that new life will be my efforts to take OrionVeteran's work and include Revolutions aware code, and incorporate the mod as an addon to RevolutionDCM.

If the quality of the addon improves well enough, I might cast it here to have an independent existence to RevolutionDCM. However keeping up-to-date both RevolutionDCM and Revolutions Inquisitions, would be too much work for me. Thus for the moment I will concentrate on Inquisitions under RevolutionDCM.

Cheers.

Revolutions Inquisitions has now been updated to latest Revolutions plus latest RevolutionDCM inquisitions. The mod is basically continuing on the tradition of BMarnz but with an improved Inquisitor AI and a relaxation of when Inquisitions can be carried out.

All options for this mod are configurable via Revolution/assets/xml/GlobalDefinesAlt.xml. If nothing else and you do not want Inquisitions, then turn it off in GlobalDefinesAlt and run Revolutions under the "limited Religions" option. I think limited religions is a great addition to the Revolutions mod on it's own. It is tailored very well to the stock seven religions in BTS and produces very interesting games with more options.

The mod can be downloaded in it's normal location:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9128

I will try to maintain this mod if I get any interest from anyone to do so.
Cheers.

Top Bottom