Hellenic Elite Spearman

Aranor

Emperor

Well heres the last one from me today ( I promise, really I do!:p:lol:) He is a Seleukid Elite Spearman known as "Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou" if he look familiar it is because he is the revamped UU from my Seleukid Civ. I wasnt planning on sharing him just yet, but I was so blown away by the final result, that I just had to share him!

Historically, the Seleukid Hypaspistai went through a myriad of changes, trying to keep up with the ever shifting dynamic of warfare. One innovation was the creation of heavy units, at first using a mix of Greek and Gallic organization, but later adopting structures similar to the Romans. The myth of the imitation legionary was born from this, though in reality the units still used Greek tactics and equipment that had been around for the better part of one hundred years before any Roman influence. These soldiers represent the heaviest units organized in this regard, and their esprit de corps is unmatched by any but the most elite soldiers in other factions. Use them well, for they are the fist of any infantry assault.

Download

Please feel free to use this guy, just please remember me in your credits. :goodjob:

Very nice! so you take requests yet? ;) I'd like to see the Huscarl from Age of Empires2: Age of Kings done. It was that all white swordsman with a round shield.

Honestly, no I'm not taking requests right now as I am the only unit maker for EBCIV (currently the only person working on it at all) plus I have my own mod in the pipeline too, I'm hoping to release it in the next month or so, so that I can concentrate on EB.

@Chugginator:
Thanks man:goodjob: The helmet is the one from the Medieval Warlord, I just took off the spikes in blender.

Use common sense ;).
First try spearman, then knights_templar and pikeman.

Well perhaps I shouldn't have to play "guess the animation". It's not always apparent which KFM goes with a unit, and even after trial and error one can still be no closer to the answer. As it turns out, the spearman kfm does work with this unit, although I don't know if another kfm would work better. It would be common sense for a unit creator to just tell people when he or she posts the unit, instead of leaving people to play the guessing game.

Top Bottom