EBCIV: Makedonia

Aranor

Emperor
Makedoni Empire
Created for the EBCIV project with the Assistance of the EB:TW team.

Leader: Antigonus II Gonatas (Phi/Cre)
UU: Hypaspistai
replaces the Swordsman
7 strength
50% against Mounted
10% City Attack
45 Hammers

UB: Kleroi
Replaces the Granary
+2 :health: for Corn and Wheat

Download

I was not going to release this civ as a single civ. However I do know it has been requested time and time again, so here we have it! I do not plan on adding either Alexander or his father Phillip II as leaders at any point, so please don't ask, they are out of the time period I wish to portray and I am happy with my selection of leader. Please no flaming about Alexander (I could care less whether people believe he was Macedonian, Greek, Illyrian, Thracian, Roman, Indian, Afgan, Celtic or whatever!) This is about the Ancient Makedonian Empire not the FYROM of today. One last thing, i am aware that I used Brennus' head, and he still look alot like him, however to all who say that Brennus is ill suited as a Hellenic leader please observe this:
Spoiler :

It is a coin depicting Antigonus II Gonatas, clearly with long hair and flowing beard.:p

Well thats the end of my little tirade, please feel free to comment, download, rate. Please if you use this mod in your own mod remember me in your credits. :goodjob:

Modular Setup:
Spoiler :
To run any of my modular files, you need to go into your BtS config file (My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Civ4Config.ini IIRC), and change
ModularLoading = 0
to
ModularLoading = 1
then install the file into your Beyond the Sword mods directory. The file is set up to run immediately so you dont need to create any folders. Then start up your game, go to advanced, then load a mod and select your mod. And it should work.

Cool, except the UU is overpowered ... I'd suggest giving it the 50% vs. Mounted Bonus without the extra strength increase.

Nice job though :)

maybe swap his cape with ragnars to differentiate him a bit and maybe change the shape of the beard just to make look a bit different (maybe the nose too)

You are right. I was considering doing exactly that. The only reason I didn't was pure laziness on my part.:blush: I REALLY wanted to get to my next unit!:lol: I'm working on him now, the head is completely custom as will be parts of his body, the general look ingame is amazing (now just need to rebone him to the right animations!:lol:).

Shqype said:
Cool, except the UU is overpowered ... I'd suggest giving it the 50% vs. Mounted Bonus without the extra strength increase.

Keep in mind that these guys cost as much as a Roman Praetorian, and in my test games I spammed these guys and was owned by axemen. Spearmen didnt stand a chance ( they rarely do against swordsmen) and they only had a moderate advantage against other Swordsmen. They may seem powerful, but they can be killed buy most late mellee units with relative ease, only archers and mounted units need worry.

Actually it is Makedoni. Being the Greek spelling for the group. If you didnt read the title let me tell you again the is an EBCIV for the Europa Barbarorum project, so the spelling is correct to what is should be for that mod.

Great! Looks really cool :) Maybe you could add Alexander to Macedonia and then put an extra Greek leader. That would make a cool change. Please no flaming on this topic.

There's a really good Phillip of Macedon out there, which should certainly be used. As far as Alexander goes; while you can add him to Macedonia I wouldn't REMOVE him from Greece. It's really unnecessary anyway. In the mod I made (check my sig for a link) I have Constantine available for BOTH Rome and Byzantium. So you don't actually have to remove Alexander from Greece, you can leave him there and just in the CivInfos XML add Alexander to Macedon. The reason I wouldn't remove Alexander from Greece is because he was the King of all Greece, brought Greek/Hellenic culture to dominate the ancient world, and this cultural dominance lasted for a VERY long time. So he is an appropriate Greek leader.

So the best idea, in my mind at least, would be to leave Alexander as leader of Greece and just make it an option in this module to select him as the leader of Macedon as well. Just a thought.

Cool! Awesome leader, why not try adding Philip?

I had considered adding Philip as a leader early on, but as the title says this is going to be for EBCIV. So anyone earlier than ruling in 272 b.c.e is unfortunately to early for the scope of the mod and thus the civ. The other reason why they have been omitted is that they both can be considered polerising figured in the history of the Greek/ Makedonian empire sparking heated debates on both sides. Either way, everyone will have to wait a while before any update might be coming. As my sig says, I will be heading to Romania early in the new year so my time is monoploised by planning the trip.

The other reason why they have been omitted is that they both can be considered polerising figured in the history of the Greek/ Makedonian empire sparking heated debates on both sides. Either way, everyone will have to wait a while before any update might be coming. As my sig says, I will be heading to Romania early in the new year so my time is monoploised by planning the trip.

Your absolutely right he he.. Those Greek/Makedonian debates are annoying... Every thread I go to involving Macedonia or Alexander, there is always one person babbling on about that. Anyways, how do you add in modded leaders or civilizations in BTS?

Top Bottom