The Immortal University III - Who will lead the French?

So following the success of the previous 2 threads, we decided to try the french this time to avoid rushing Louis the 3rd time.

Some people prefer Napoleon, and some prefer Louis.
This is the time to cast your vote and also the map preference.
The game will start this weekend.

If you have not participated in the last threads, you are welcome to join.
The idea of this thread is for players who want to learn to win on Immortal level.
Play your game until the point you are not sure anymore, and then post a summary and ask for feedback. I know it definitely helped me to win Immortal, and I never did before this threads. Luckily we have some generous Deity players participating here.

Napoleon/Big and Small

Maybe I'll finally get a chance for musketeer drafting.

Napoleon! I've never played a game as the guy.

And I'd never draft Musketeers.

Didn't join the first two, but I'll give this a bash. I need to sharpen up on my warmongering.

My vote goes for Louis/Big & Small, but Napoleon's also fine by me.

If louis gets the nod I'll give this a try as the wonderspammer, my finish date I'm sure will be later than the warmongerers but I'm hopeful I can win. I'm actually finishing up my first immortal game with ramses II and I think I can win it so I'm certainly used to wonderspamming. My vote goes for a map that isn't continuous so that the warmongerers don't have it so easy. After your first or 2nd vassal those games are in the bag, but if there's an ocean that definately throws a kink in the domination plans. Maybe continents?

I won my first immortal game with Louis on a continents map, isolated start, culture win. I still vote for him because I just warmongered like crazy in the last game.
My map preference is hemispheres or big and small, anything short of an archipelago that will get us building boats.

I would like to join this game if I have time, I'm getting closer to finish the first challenge. .
I don't care which leader, but why wasn't De Gaulle considered?

My vote is for Nap as we've part used the traits of the other French leaders. De Gaulle is Agg/Ind (I think) and we played with Monte. Might even try a peaceful rex with the Org trait. Depends on anyone being near taking land that I feel should be mine. ;)

De Gaulle is ind/chm I think. Which is good too I suppose.
As a matter of fact, I am changing my vote to DeGaulle. I need to get over a bit of CRE-addiction anyway.

I think Louis deserves revenge, so my vote goes to him. :lol: Map type doesn't matter that much to me, fractal favored.

Vote Summary so far (voting booth will close in 1 hour :)):
Louis: 6 votes
Napoleon: 5 votes
DeGaulle: 3 votes

Fractal:1 vote
Big and small: 3 votes
Pangaea: 1 vote
Any non-continous map: 1 vote

Leading candidate: Louis
Leadiong map: Big and Small

BurN Louis, fractal
JBossch De Gaulle, hemispheres or big and small
Sleepless Nap
Gliese 581 Any Leader
DMOC Napoleon (DeGaulle 2nd choice)
NintendoTogepi DeGaulle
brades Louis, non-continuous map
tycoonist napoleon
shyuhe Louis,
Dirk1302 Louis, Pangae.
patagonia Louis/Big & Small
Quotey Napoleon!
Olodune Napoleon/Big and Small
silverbullet Louis, Big and Small

I feel like I'm voting for Nader.
Don't joke.

My vote is also for DeGaulle, but I suppose Louis deserves some justice.

So Louis wins by a thin margin after vote splitting in the napoleon camp between him De-Gaul.

The Start:

Attachments

• Immortal Student Louis BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35.3 KB · Views: 287
Top Bottom